BR should be better than the DMR close range

Yes, the DMR is harder to aim but when you dont miss any shots, its better than the BR, maybe the BR is better for most of you, but for good players against good players, its definately the DMR that is better, in any range. I can already see the MLG playlist being DMR only unless 343 do something. The DMR is better in long range and I totally agree with this, but being better in close range is not cool at all, especially that the BR is meant to be better in close range… The main problem with the BR is that it take 15 rounds (5 bursts) exactly to kill someone (correct me if im wrong) and with the small lag and randomness in halo, it makes the BR almost always a 6 shot kill weapon, unless in melee range or with the host. Here how i’d fix it, make it 4.3 shot (13 rounds), this way, it will make the BR always 5 shot and will make it better against damaged targets, making it a more reliable and better weapon in close-mid range.

FACEPALM

Like it or not, the DMR does outclass everything, even at closer ranges. It 's a fact, and has been tested and provem several times.

> Like it or not, the DMR does outclass everything, even at closer ranges. It 's a fact, and has been tested and provem several times.

That is not what I am facepalming at.
The BR is already a 13 bullet kill (5sk)
It needs to be a 12 bullet kill (4sk)

And the sniper rifle can win in close range, so that makes it overpowered. Not only is it good for mid-long distances, but it can also be used in CQB with a cost of extremely miniscule accuracy. And the Binary Rifle can win in close range. And the Beam Rifle can win in close range. And grenades can win in close range. And the Carbine can win in close range. And the Magnum can win in close range. And the LightRifle can win in close range. And the Battle Rifle can win in close range.

Why is it so radical that another semi-automatic weapon meant for slightly longer distances can win? The DMR user who won that time must have more skill if he/she can master such accuracy, bullet by bullet, in such face to face situations.

> Like it or not, the DMR does outclass everything, even at closer ranges. It 's a fact, and has been tested and provem several times.

my stats with the BR prove otherwise. Your just bad.

> > Like it or not, the DMR does outclass everything, even at closer ranges. It 's a fact, and has been tested and provem several times.
>
> my stats with the BR prove otherwise. <mark>Your</mark> just bad.

“You are” = you’re

Think of it this way.

You’re indicates an action you are performing. As in you’re butthurt.

Your indicates possession. As in your butthurt must not feel very good as you keep using Your instead of You’re.

> > > Like it or not, the DMR does outclass everything, even at closer ranges. It 's a fact, and has been tested and provem several times.
> >
> > my stats with the BR prove otherwise. <mark>Your</mark> just bad.
>
> “You are” = you’re
>
> Think of it this way.
>
> You’re indicates an action you are performing. As in you’re butthurt.
>
> Your indicates possession. As in your butthurt must not feel very good as you keep using Your instead of You’re.

Leave it to someone who doesn’t have a comeback to bring grammer into an argument.

LOL “DMR is hard to aim”. It’s possibly the easiest precision weapon to aim with ingame. I do agree with your other points, but i doubt they will ever buff the BR. The DMR will always be OP.

@Bean Head200 thats why I said correct me if im wrong, I wanst totally sure lol, anyway, my point stays the same, the BR must be better than the DMR in close range.

@J dawgmillenium, first of all, the sniper is a power weapon, you do not spawn with it, second, there is no autoaim in close range with the sniper, so UNLESS they do the same with the DMR, my point is still valid.

@spammerstriker I said harder, not hard :stuck_out_tongue: Why wouldnt they buff the BR and the DMR will always be OP ? do people really prefer the DMR over the BR ???

> > Like it or not, the DMR does outclass everything, even at closer ranges. It 's a fact, and has been tested and provem several times.
>
> my stats with the BR prove otherwise. Your just bad.

my stats with the BR are better than with the DMR, but for the only reason that I prefer to play with it, by far, but the more I fight against good players, the more I loose 1 on 1 fights against DMR players without missing a single shot.

> > > Like it or not, the DMR does outclass everything, even at closer ranges. It 's a fact, and has been tested and provem several times.
> >
> > my stats with the BR prove otherwise. Your just bad.
>
> my stats with the BR are better than with the DMR, but for the only reason that I prefer to play with it, by far, but the more I fight against good players, the more I loose 1 on 1 fights against DMR players without missing a single shot.

Preference does not equal one gun being better then the other. I could prefer to use an AR but that doesn’t mean its better then the BR.

Looking at it from a highly skilled players perspective the weapons he uses and the ones his enemies use don’t matter. He will still win regardless.

Players on an equal skill BR will win most of its close range fights because its built around being better at close. People using the DMR will be winning most of the long range engagements because that is what its tailored for. But in medium range its down to the two individuals skill levels. If they are pretty much equal the it matters who has the better aim.

Statistically the DMR has the best stats. But from playing halo 4 since launch that is not how it looks in the slightest.

The BR DOES win in close quarters. Either that or a hell of a lot of people have had lag on their side. Not to mention it beating every fragging full auto weapon in close quarters.

‘Oh, the AR is good in CQB!’ yeah, that sure explains why every time I run into a BR user they just spam and then headshot every freaking time. Either I’m a tiny bit too far away, and they have time to do that, or I’m instead too close, and they simple punch and then headshot.

So, quit harping on about the bloody DMR and give the AR and co some love for crying out loud…

> > > > Like it or not, the DMR does outclass everything, even at closer ranges. It 's a fact, and has been tested and provem several times.
> > >
> > > my stats with the BR prove otherwise. Your just bad.
> >
> > my stats with the BR are better than with the DMR, but for the only reason that I prefer to play with it, by far, but the more I fight against good players, the more I loose 1 on 1 fights against DMR players without missing a single shot.
>
> Preference does not equal one gun being better then the other. I could prefer to use an AR but that doesn’t mean its better then the BR.
>
> Looking at it from a highly skilled players perspective the weapons he uses and the ones his enemies use don’t matter. He will still win regardless.
>
> Players on an equal skill BR will win most of its close range fights because its built around being better at close. People using the DMR will be winning most of the long range engagements because that is what its tailored for. But in medium range its down to the two individuals skill levels. If they are pretty much equal the it matters who has the better aim.
>
> Statistically the DMR has the best stats. But from playing halo 4 since launch that is not how it looks in the slightest.

What you said is exactly what I meant, because you said that your stats with the BR proves otherwise, you cant prove that a gun is better because you have more kills with it or a better ratio with it and yes, two good players in close range can determine wich gun is better, if none of them miss a shot, the DMR will win and good players dont miss much shots, so overall the DMR is better.

> The BR DOES win in close quarters. Either that or a hell of a lot of people have had lag on their side. Not to mention it beating every fragging full auto weapon in close quarters.
>
> ‘Oh, the AR is good in CQB!’ yeah, that sure explains why every time I run into a BR user they just spam and then headshot every freaking time. Either I’m a tiny bit too far away, and they have time to do that, or I’m instead too close, and they simple punch and then headshot.
>
> So, quit harping on about the bloody DMR and give the AR and co some love for crying out loud…

no, the BR does not win in close quarters, make the test, it takes more time to kill with a BR than with the DMR if no shots are missed, making the DMR better in close and long range, good players dont miss shots often, since the DMR is harder to aim than the BR, especially for the final shot, the BR is better as soon as you dont miss a shot and the enemy do miss a shot with his DMR…

>
> my stats with the BR prove otherwise. Your just bad.

and you’re amazing… :wink:

> > > > > Like it or not, the DMR does outclass everything, even at closer ranges. It 's a fact, and has been tested and provem several times.
> > > >
> > > > my stats with the BR prove otherwise. Your just bad.
> > >
> > > my stats with the BR are better than with the DMR, but for the only reason that I prefer to play with it, by far, but the more I fight against good players, the more I loose 1 on 1 fights against DMR players without missing a single shot.
> >
> > Preference does not equal one gun being better then the other. I could prefer to use an AR but that doesn’t mean its better then the BR.
> >
> > Looking at it from a highly skilled players perspective the weapons he uses and the ones his enemies use don’t matter. He will still win regardless.
> >
> > Players on an equal skill BR will win most of its close range fights because its built around being better at close. People using the DMR will be winning most of the long range engagements because that is what its tailored for. But in medium range its down to the two individuals skill levels. If they are pretty much equal the it matters who has the better aim.
> >
> > Statistically the DMR has the best stats. But from playing halo 4 since launch that is not how it looks in the slightest.
>
> What you said is exactly what I meant, because you said that your stats with the BR proves otherwise, you cant prove that a gun is better because you have more kills with it or a better ratio with it and yes, two good players in close range can determine wich gun is better, if none of them miss a shot, the DMR will win and good players dont miss much shots, so overall the DMR is better.
>
>
>
> > The BR DOES win in close quarters. Either that or a hell of a lot of people have had lag on their side. Not to mention it beating every fragging full auto weapon in close quarters.
> >
> > ‘Oh, the AR is good in CQB!’ yeah, that sure explains why every time I run into a BR user they just spam and then headshot every freaking time. Either I’m a tiny bit too far away, and they have time to do that, or I’m instead too close, and they simple punch and then headshot.
> >
> > So, quit harping on about the bloody DMR and give the AR and co some love for crying out loud…
>
> no, the BR does not win in close quarters, make the test, it takes more time to kill with a BR than with the DMR if no shots are missed, making the DMR better in close and long range, good players dont miss shots often, since the DMR is harder to aim than the BR, especially for the final shot, the BR is better as soon as you dont miss a shot and the enemy do miss a shot with his DMR…

I wasn’t saying my stats mean the BR is better. My stats are to prove the BR is capable of beating the DMR more then people like you give credit for. It really doesn’t seem like you read/understood my post. If both players are of equal skill and neither miss shots its down to who fired first. IF they start firing at the same time they both will die, trading kills. The BR user might hit the ground a few miliseconds before the DMR user but they both will be dead.

> I wasn’t saying my stats mean the BR is better. My stats are to prove the BR is capable of beating the DMR more then people like you give credit for. It really doesn’t seem like you read/understood my post. If both players are of equal skill and neither miss shots its down to who fired first. IF they start firing at the same time they both will die, trading kills. The BR user might hit the ground a few miliseconds before the DMR user but they both will be dead.

Player Skill vs Complainers “OP” Weapon.

DMR/BR is fine the way it is. Use the weapon for what it is intended for, and don’t miss one shot. BR will beat DMR if used properly. As BWO says, “the BR is capable of beating the DMR more then people like you give credit for.”