BR is not OP just stop

its called strafing they brought it back use it. ive back to back out strafed BRs with my LR while unzoomed not that im the best at it just okay but with all these casuals strafing is a foreign concept and so they all move in straight lines now that strafing is back again i cant wait for the phrases like “you cant beat my strafe” to come back cause thats what made halo fun for me a true test of skill entering that one on one amidst battle royale all around you two and seeing who can keep focus longer and who can plan ahead more effectively and whoever wins that strafe duel actually feels like they accomplished something even though they’ll most likely be killed right after that win which is okay for me at least halo is now somewhat a thinking mans game again i am somewhat hopeful for halo 4 again i think imma play h4 all day today instead of bf3.

When you have 4 clone guns, dmr,lr,br,carbine then its obvious one will be better than the rest.

Whether its the DMR or the BR or w/e one iwll alwyas be the best.

That is what made Halo CE such a revolutionary game for it time. Comign from GOldeneye 64 which had COD levels of clone weapons it simplified everything and everyweapon was unique and everyone spawned with a jack of all trades weapon - the pistol, and an automatic backup - ar.

but we live in a time of clone weapons so halo is chock full of them. One of the few new unique weapons that have been added to halo post CE, the ODST SMG and reach grenade launcher, have come and gone, all so we can have 4 rifles which do the exact thing, and 4 automatics that…shock…do the same thing.

i agree with you almost fully but the weapons are different enough to where its noticeable and with the combined new movement speed allowing a strafe halo like i said earlier has made me somewhat hopeful again cause of these developments

> When you have 4 clone guns, dmr,lr,br,carbine then its obvious one will be better than the rest.
>
> Whether its the DMR or the BR or w/e one iwll alwyas be the best.
>
> That is what made Halo CE such a revolutionary game for it time. Comign from GOldeneye 64 which had COD levels of clone weapons it simplified everything and everyweapon was unique and everyone spawned with a jack of all trades weapon - the pistol, and an automatic backup - ar.
>
> but we live in a time of clone weapons so halo is chock full of them. One of the few new unique weapons that have been added to halo post CE, the ODST SMG and reach grenade launcher, have come and gone, all so we can have 4 rifles which do the exact thing, and 4 automatics that…shock…do the same thing.

This

The problem too, is that not only are the weapons really similar, but that there are TOO MANY clone weapons. There are 4 precision weapon, when there are only 3 possible roles for a precision weapon to fill. Close Range, Long Range,and the balanced middle one. Right now, there are two close range ones, one balanced middle one, and one long range one. And one close range weapon is being simply outclassed by the other.

Pre-Tuning, the Carbine, BR, and LR were almost perfectly balanced for these roles. Post-Tuning it’s the Cabine, DMR, and LR. Having 4 weapons for 3 roles always puts an elephant in the room that imposes on the other weapons’ roles.

Also, the weapons are way too similar. In classic Halo games, even when two weapons filled the same role, they behaved so differently that the same skills and strategies didn’t work on both weapons. The CE Plasma Rifle and AR, the Carbine and the BR, the Sword and the Shotgun. All great examples of this. There are some exceptions of course… The Sniper and Beam Rifle being one of them. But at least Bungie tried to change it up in Reach with the Focus Rifle.