BR doesn't take as much skill as you think

It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.

I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.

The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2771858342094810;1:
> It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
>
> I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
>
> The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.

Are you stupid or just a troll?

> 2771858342094810;1:
> It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
>
> I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
>

it has way less magnetism then any BR before it and less red reticule range than previous BRs. Couple that with default thruster and this BR is one of the harder ones to use, even with higher fire rate.

Honestly I find the dmr much easier and often get perfects.

Generally the more bullets a weapon fires, the more random it is for me, in all halo games. Probably something to do with my connection.

I just hope they make the carbine -Yoink!- again, that was my fave in halo 4.

> 2533274831961512;3:
> > 2771858342094810;1:
> > It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
> >
> > I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
> >
> > The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.
>
>
> it has way less magnetism then any BR before it and less red reticule range than previous BRs. Couple that with default thruster and this BR is one of the harder ones to use, even with higher fire rate.

The only Halo game that has more BR magnetism is Halo 4. Halo 2 has more aim assist but less magnetism. Halo 3 has the least in both.

Im sick of Halo having a utility weapon. Every other weapon has it’s niche but the BR can function at any range. It needs a nerf to be a middle range only weapon.

> 2771858342094810;5:
> > 2533274831961512;3:
> > > 2771858342094810;1:
> > > It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
> > >
> > > I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
> > >
> > > The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.
> >
> >
> >
> > it has way less magnetism then any BR before it and less red reticule range than previous BRs. Couple that with default thruster and this BR is one of the harder ones to use, even with higher fire rate.
>
>
> The only Halo game that has more BR magnetism is Halo 4. Halo 2 has more aim assist but less magnetism. Halo 3 has the least in both.
>
> Im sick of Halo having a utility weapon. Every other weapon has it’s niche but the BR can function at any range. It needs a nerf to be a middle range only weapon.

don’t say nerf. Nerf means you make it useless. Tweak it although I still think the BR is fine as it is. Gets red reticule up to mid range, needs good aim or zoom beyond that, and needs fantastic aim for close range with all.the movement options. If you want the BR to only be good mid range, then AR needs to have smart scope removed or heavily tweaked so it is only close range.

> 2533274831961512;3:
> > 2771858342094810;1:
> > It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
> >
> > I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
> >
> > The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.
>
>
> it has way less magnetism then any BR before it and less red reticule range than previous BRs. Couple that with default thruster and this BR is one of the harder ones to use, even with higher fire rate.

Uhm you are confusing low auto aim with bullet magnetism.

The H5 BR is sadly not that hard to use. Its a comibination of Hitscan, High Bullet Magnetism and Big Hit Boxes.

HaloCE and Halo 3 had it right with Projectile based weapons.

But still, i will take BR starts over AR starts anyday. OP we get it, you want to force everyone to play AR -Yoink- everyday.

This game hardly takes skill at all.

> 2533274831961512;3:
> > 2771858342094810;1:
> >
> >
>
>
>
>

Do you have proof like a comparison? I played some H2A and Halo 3 the other night and the bullets always went within the reticle, with Halo 5 Beta many times I saw my bullets travel outside the reticle. I’ve seen aiming at the chest count as a headshot as long as the outer reticle ring was near the head. I believe what it needs most of all is a larger spread so it can’t be accurate at super long range.

I was playing on Pegasus and I spawned right next to the DMR where Red Base overlooks that side of the map and instantly started getting shot very accurately by a Red with a BR at the top of the high ground and if I hadn’t thrustered away he would have perfect-killed me there. That distance is about the length of the beach from end to end on Stonetown, “return to battlefield zone” areas included. In H2A you can’t get a perfect kill with a BR from that distance, but you can in Halo 5 right now. The BR primarily needs an accuracy decrease so picking up DMR and LR are warranted for cross-map engagements. I would like it to have a rate of fire and magnetism decrease as well, but the biggest offender is it’s super tight spread and the bullets of the bursts being fired so soon after another. There needs to be more time between shots of the burst like the BRs in Halo 2 and 3

Halo 5 is like Halo 4. The bullet magnetism is to damn high.
#Halo5AnyoneCanBeAPro

> 2533274831961512;6:
> > 2771858342094810;5:
> > > 2533274831961512;3:
> > > > 2771858342094810;1:
> > > > It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
> > > >
> > > > I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
> > > >
> > > > The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > it has way less magnetism then any BR before it and less red reticule range than previous BRs. Couple that with default thruster and this BR is one of the harder ones to use, even with higher fire rate.
> >
> >
> >
> > The only Halo game that has more BR magnetism is Halo 4. Halo 2 has more aim assist but less magnetism. Halo 3 has the least in both.
> >
> > Im sick of Halo having a utility weapon. Every other weapon has it’s niche but the BR can function at any range. It needs a nerf to be a middle range only weapon.
>
>
> don’t say nerf. Nerf means you make it useless. Tweak it although I still think the BR is fine as it is. Gets red reticule up to mid range, needs good aim or zoom beyond that, and needs fantastic aim for close range with all.the movement options. If you want the BR to only be good mid range, then AR needs to have smart scope removed or heavily tweaked so it is only close range.

The AR is fine the way it is. It should always defeat the BR up close.

The BR shouldn’t need such high fire rate or magnetism. At midrange, it doesn’t even need to be scoped to be accurate. It’s just too powerful up close and far away. Notice how nobody ever drops it?

> 2771858342094810;11:
> > 2533274831961512;6:
> > > 2771858342094810;5:
> > > > 2533274831961512;3:
> > > > > 2771858342094810;1:
> > > > > It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
> > > > >
> > > > > I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
> > > > >
> > > > > The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > it has way less magnetism then any BR before it and less red reticule range than previous BRs. Couple that with default thruster and this BR is one of the harder ones to use, even with higher fire rate.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > The only Halo game that has more BR magnetism is Halo 4. Halo 2 has more aim assist but less magnetism. Halo 3 has the least in both.
> > >
> > > Im sick of Halo having a utility weapon. Every other weapon has it’s niche but the BR can function at any range. It needs a nerf to be a middle range only weapon.
> >
> >
> >
> > don’t say nerf. Nerf means you make it useless. Tweak it although I still think the BR is fine as it is. Gets red reticule up to mid range, needs good aim or zoom beyond that, and needs fantastic aim for close range with all.the movement options. If you want the BR to only be good mid range, then AR needs to have smart scope removed or heavily tweaked so it is only close range.
>
>
> The AR is fine the way it is. It should always defeat the BR up close.
>
> The BR shouldn’t need such high fire rate or magnetism. At midrange, it doesn’t even need to be scoped to be accurate. It’s just too powerful up close and far away. Notice how nobody ever drops it?

Players rarely drop it because it’s a utility weapon. It’s good for all situations, master of none. Loses to AR in CQC. Loses to DMR in Range Combat. Is contested by both for Mid-Range Combat.

If anything, up the rate of fire, decrease the aim assist. Make it more difficult to use, but more rewarding to those that can use it well. In H2-H4, I’d land 4-shot-kills so frequently (and I’m a mediocre player). In H5, I’ve got around a 38% accuracy rate. I’m pretty satisfied with it, but wouldn’t mind it being harder so long as the rate of fire was increase. I’ll get whomped harder by it, but it’ll feel deserving.

> 2771858342094810;11:
> > 2533274831961512;6:
> > > 2771858342094810;5:
> > > > 2533274831961512;3:
> > > > > 2771858342094810;1:
> > > > > It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
> > > > >
> > > > > I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
> > > > >
> > > > > The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > it has way less magnetism then any BR before it and less red reticule range than previous BRs. Couple that with default thruster and this BR is one of the harder ones to use, even with higher fire rate.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > The only Halo game that has more BR magnetism is Halo 4. Halo 2 has more aim assist but less magnetism. Halo 3 has the least in both.
> > >
> > > Im sick of Halo having a utility weapon. Every other weapon has it’s niche but the BR can function at any range. It needs a nerf to be a middle range only weapon.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > don’t say nerf. Nerf means you make it useless. Tweak it although I still think the BR is fine as it is. Gets red reticule up to mid range, needs good aim or zoom beyond that, and needs fantastic aim for close range with all.the movement options. If you want the BR to only be good mid range, then AR needs to have smart scope removed or heavily tweaked so it is only close range.
>
>
>
> The AR is fine the way it is. It should always defeat the BR up close.
>
> The BR shouldn’t need such high fire rate or magnetism. At midrange, it doesn’t even need to be scoped to be accurate. It’s just too powerful up close and far away. Notice how nobody ever drops it?

maybe a RoF tweak to shoot slightly slower, but the AR still isn’t fine especially since it gets head shots now. You get rewarded for blind luck and spraying. I’m not saying it shouldn’t beat the BR up close I’m saying it shouldn’t be capable of spraying down a precision weapon closer to mid range, which it can do, especially with smart scope.

> 2535447634242099;10:
> Halo 5 is like Halo 4. The bullet magnetism is to damn high.
> #Halo5AnyoneCanBeAPro

which is funny because the red reticules are inconsistent

> 2771858342094810;1:
>
>

I feel like the new light rifle is not as effective as before. Think I like the old days ne better.

>Get rid of kill cams

>Put friendly fire on

>More powerful shields

>Fix hit boxes

>Sniper zoom in and out is way too slow

>Assault rifle is tad too precise

> 2533275004372869;9:
> > 2533274831961512;3:
> > > 2771858342094810;1:
> > > It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
> > >
> > > I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
> > >
> > > The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > it has way less magnetism then any BR before it and less red reticule range than previous BRs. Couple that with default thruster and this BR is one of the harder ones to use, even with higher fire rate.
>
>
>
> Do you have proof like a comparison? I played some H2A and Halo 3 the other night and the bullets always went within the reticle, with Halo 5 Beta many times I saw my bullets travel outside the reticle. I’ve seen aiming at the chest count as a headshot as long as the outer reticle ring was near the head. I believe what it needs most of all is a larger spread so it can’t be accurate at super long range.
>
> I was playing on Pegasus and I spawned right next to the DMR where Red Base overlooks that side of the map and instantly started getting shot very accurately by a Red with a BR at the top of the high ground and if I hadn’t thrustered away he would have perfect-killed me there. That distance is about the length of the beach from end to end on Stonetown, “return to battlefield zone” areas included. In H2A you can’t get a perfect kill with a BR from that distance, but you can in Halo 5 right now. The BR primarily needs an accuracy decrease so picking up DMR and LR are warranted for cross-map engagements. I would like it to have a rate of fire and magnetism decrease as well, but the biggest offender is it’s super tight spread and the bullets of the bursts being fired so soon after another. There needs to be more time between shots of the burst like the BRs in Halo 2 and 3

the Halo 5 BR can barely shoot across truth’s bridge with magnetism or aim assist. They basically have to be at both ends. Pegasus I think feels deceptively larger than it is. Stop dramatizing it.

After Halo Reach precision weapons are just spam-fest. The Br is too darn easy. Whoever says no must like halo 4.

> 2533274815962246;18:
> After Halo Reach precision weapons are just spam-fest. The Br is too darn easy. Whoever says no must like halo 4.

the H2 and H2A BR are ridiculously easy to 4-shot with don’t give me that.

> 2533274831961512;17:
> > 2533275004372869;9:
> > > 2533274831961512;3:
> > > > 2771858342094810;1:
> > > > It’s fast fire rate and high bullet magnetism make it far more forgiving than the Halo 2 or 3 battle rifle.
> > > >
> > > > I also believe it has more aim assist than both the SMG and the AR. Meanwhile, the light rifle and DMR both have very low aim assist, which is why people rarely use these weapons on BR starts.
> > > >
> > > > The solution? Either scale back the BR rate of fire or lower it’s aim assist.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > it has way less magnetism then any BR before it and less red reticule range than previous BRs. Couple that with default thruster and this BR is one of the harder ones to use, even with higher fire rate.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Do you have proof like a comparison? I played some H2A and Halo 3 the other night and the bullets always went within the reticle, with Halo 5 Beta many times I saw my bullets travel outside the reticle. I’ve seen aiming at the chest count as a headshot as long as the outer reticle ring was near the head. I believe what it needs most of all is a larger spread so it can’t be accurate at super long range.
> >
> > I was playing on Pegasus and I spawned right next to the DMR where Red Base overlooks that side of the map and instantly started getting shot very accurately by a Red with a BR at the top of the high ground and if I hadn’t thrustered away he would have perfect-killed me there. That distance is about the length of the beach from end to end on Stonetown, “return to battlefield zone” areas included. In H2A you can’t get a perfect kill with a BR from that distance, but you can in Halo 5 right now. The BR primarily needs an accuracy decrease so picking up DMR and LR are warranted for cross-map engagements. I would like it to have a rate of fire and magnetism decrease as well, but the biggest offender is it’s super tight spread and the bullets of the bursts being fired so soon after another. There needs to be more time between shots of the burst like the BRs in Halo 2 and 3
>
>
> the Halo 5 BR can barely shoot across truth’s bridge with magnetism or aim assist. They basically have to be at both ends. Pegasus I think feels deceptively larger than it is. Stop dramatizing it.

I don’t think you understand the scale of the maps. I didn’t compare Pegasus to Sand Trap or Hemmorage. Stonetown is comparable in size to Pegasus, just with a high and low ground instead of being mostly flat. Perhaps you can’t perfect kill someone across Truth’s center bridge because your enemy moves, but it can be done. Test it out on AFC players. The BR shouldn’t be able to perfect kill from as far as it can now. Whether its bullet magnetism, spread, or whatever, something needs to be done about it. In H2A you can’t even 4-shot someone from the top of the windmill platform to the sniper spawn 90% of the time, but that distance is very close to Truth’s bridge.