BR, DMR should be power weapons.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making misleading posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The Br and the DMR are way to powerful, they should be reclassified as power weapons and limited in availability in most playlists.

Every weapon can be “powerful” if you know how to use them right, but I think you misinterpret the term “Power Weapon.”

compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?

That would be hilarious. Sooo many players will be spawncamping the BR/DMR spawns. Then I’ll come around the corner firing my Plasma Pistol and they’ll be all like, “Noooo! I don’t want to learn something new, even if it’s how to defend against a different weapon!”.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Any comment I make on this subject will result in me being banned.

> compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?

But every time i move from cover to cover i get slaughtered, so they must be way to overpowered. My AR is still out of range when my body hits the ground. its not balanced.

> compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?

We have seen gameplay of the BR, but then again they didn’t seam to play well.

> > compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?
>
> We have seen gameplay of the BR, but then again they didn’t seam to play well.

we’ve seen small snippets true but the mechanics could change the game isn’t finished yet

> > compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?
>
> But every time i move from cover to cover i get slaughtered, so they must be way to overpowered. My AR is still out of range when my body hits the ground. its not balanced.

well why would everyone be using the dmr/br when you use the useless AR. well if you are an AR fan they are making it more powerful so you won’t feel so vulnerable.

> > > compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?
> >
> > We have seen gameplay of the BR, but then again they didn’t seam to play well.
>
> we’ve seen small snippets true but the mechanics could change the game isn’t finished yet

True… true.

Peace, Love, and Halo 4

> > > compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?
> >
> > But every time i move from cover to cover i get slaughtered, so they must be way to overpowered. My AR is still out of range when my body hits the ground. its not balanced.
>
> well why would everyone be using the dmr/br when you use the useless AR. well if you are an AR fan they are making it more powerful so you won’t feel so vulnerable.

But i will still get cut to pieces by them, Something must be done, They should take them out of the game completely or at least limit there playlists.

> > > > compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?
> > >
> > > But every time i move from cover to cover i get slaughtered, so they must be way to overpowered. My AR is still out of range when my body hits the ground. its not balanced.
> >
> > well why would everyone be using the dmr/br when you use the useless AR. well if you are an AR fan they are making it more powerful so you won’t feel so vulnerable.
>
> But i will still get cut to pieces by them, Something must be done, They should take them out of the game completely or at least limit there playlists.

i don’t understand why you don’t use a br/dmr as well. Since they have the loadout thing now you can just start out with a precision weapon. If both sides have the precision weapons there is no unbalance.

If you complain that you are getting killed from long/medium range by a long/medium range weapon and that you cant get a kill from long/medium range with a short range weapon you are an idiot. Try using the DMR instead of the AR. I hate 3 year olds on this forum. Just because a newbie dies a lot doesn’t mean that the weapon they are killed by needs to go.

> Every weapon can be “powerful” if you know how to use them right, but I think you misinterpret the term “Power Weapon.”

Yeah, you can get 20 kills with a magnum or something, doesn’t mean its a power weapon. also, most people go for the head, where it does the most damage. it is far less powerful when shot in the chest or leg. It might be powerful, but it shouldn’t be in the same class as the rocket launcher or spartan laser.

> If you complain that you are getting killed from long/medium range by a long/medium range weapon and that you cant get a kill from long/medium range with a short range weapon you are an idiot. Try using the DMR instead of the AR. I hate 3 year olds on this forum. Just because a newbie dies a lot doesn’t mean that the weapon they are killed by needs to go.

I know you are right, but I dont want to hate on this guy. He has the right to his own opinion, even though you and I have a different one. He has a good service record, so he isn’t a noob.

In order to be called a “power weapon” that weapon must be capable of killing a target in one shot.

> > > > > compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?
> > > >
> > > > But every time i move from cover to cover i get slaughtered, so they must be way to overpowered. My AR is still out of range when my body hits the ground. its not balanced.
> > >
> > > well why would everyone be using the dmr/br when you use the useless AR. well if you are an AR fan they are making it more powerful so you won’t feel so vulnerable.
> >
> > But i will still get cut to pieces by them, Something must be done, They should take them out of the game completely or at least limit there playlists.
>
> i don’t understand why you don’t use a br/dmr as well. Since they have the loadout thing now you can just start out with a precision weapon. If both sides have the precision weapons there is no unbalance.

Thank you!!! fat man for making my point. If both sides have the same tools then it is all balanced. weather it be power weapons rockets, snipers,shottys, or AAs (i.e. jetpack, camo, sprint ) .
Sorry for the extreme example.

Oh congrats to Fatman528 for getting past 777 posts. bungie would be soooooo proud. (no -Yoink!-)

> > > > > > compared to the shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher,etc the br and dmr are too powerful? Please tell me your joking? Plus we haven’t seen either in gameplay yet so how would you know?
> > > > >
> > > > > But every time i move from cover to cover i get slaughtered, so they must be way to overpowered. My AR is still out of range when my body hits the ground. its not balanced.
> > > >
> > > > well why would everyone be using the dmr/br when you use the useless AR. well if you are an AR fan they are making it more powerful so you won’t feel so vulnerable.
> > >
> > > But i will still get cut to pieces by them, Something must be done, They should take them out of the game completely or at least limit there playlists.
> >
> > i don’t understand why you don’t use a br/dmr as well. Since they have the loadout thing now you can just start out with a precision weapon. If both sides have the precision weapons there is no unbalance.
>
> Thank you!!! fat man for making my point. If both sides have the same tools then it is all balanced. weather it be power weapons rockets, snipers,shotes, or AAs (i.e. jetpack, camo, sprint ) .

however there are some instances in which an AR would be better mainly in close quarters and arena style maps. So its not like the AR is useless in all situations and in halo 4 it might actually be a match against the br considering that 343 is making it more powerful

> Oh congrats to Fatman528 for getting 777 posts. bungie would be soooooo proud. (no -Yoink!-)

haha thanks i didn’t even realise it