BR/DMR/Pistol for Halo 4

Would anyone be against having a Halo 2 BR with Halo CE aim-assist for the precision weapon in Halo 4?

I feel that the only flaw the Halo 2 BR had was the amount of aim-assist and bullet magnetism. If it was the same as the CE pistol, there would be very little aim-assist. This would, theoretically of course, balance the sandbox, as the average player would not be able to kill someone using a close-range weapon in a close-quarters encounter. However, the only the most skilled players would be able to pull it off, creating a decent skill gap.

Let me know what you think.

CE’s aim assist would be nice but it wouldn’t be possible to have that small of bullet magnetism online, nothing would register unless they had very strict geographical matching… which I don’t think would be realistic long-term with an ever-diminishing population. At minimum, they would need H3’s hitboxes, which isn’t really too much of a compromise.

Other than that, I think it would be fine. Though tbh I don’t really care what the utility weapon is as long as it’s hitscan & non-random.

Burst Fire weapons don’t work in an online environment where it takes more than 1-2 shots to kill someone (aka a shield system).

I’ll keep saying it. Single Shot precision weapons need to be the focus as the midrange rifle. The BR can be in Halo, but we NEED the DMR even more than the BR.

> CE’s aim assist would be nice but it wouldn’t be possible to have that small of bullet magnetism online, nothing would register unless they had very strict geographical matching… which I don’t think would be realistic long-term with an ever-diminishing population. At minimum, they would need H3’s hitboxes, which isn’t really too much of a compromise.
>
> Other than that, I think it would be fine. Though tbh I don’t really care what the utility weapon is as long as it’s hitscan & non-random.

That’s not true at all… Halo 1 worked fine online (on XBC) but it was only laggy at times because of people’s connections. There was never a problem of bullets registering and the such due to magnetism, etc.

> > CE’s aim assist would be nice but it wouldn’t be possible to have that small of bullet magnetism online, nothing would register unless they had very strict geographical matching… which I don’t think would be realistic long-term with an ever-diminishing population. At minimum, they would need H3’s hitboxes, which isn’t really too much of a compromise.
> >
> > Other than that, I think it would be fine. Though tbh I don’t really care what the utility weapon is as long as it’s hitscan & non-random.
>
> That’s not true at all… Halo 1 worked fine online (on XBC) but it was only laggy at times because of people’s connections. There was never a problem of bullets registering and the such due to magnetism, etc.

Yeah, even if they found common ground between CE and Halo 2 I would be happy. The best solution would be dedicated servers. Get on it 343.