BR & DMR in the same weapon?

A rifle with two different fire mode… 3 shot (like as BR), or single shot (like as DMR).

Either with the same fire rateo… egual time to kill. BR mode efficient in medium distance, DMR mode in long distance…

Switch mode: in the pad, if you push fast the fire button, automatically rifle does the 3 shot. if you push more slow, rifle does the single shot.

do you like?

So the LR?

i have a good name for it: lightrifle

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

No you morons, he means a mix between the BR and DMR, like the light rifle but UNSC

Have you ever seen the Halo 2 e3 demo? I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what he’s talking about, it was 3 burst un-scoped and 1 burst scoped.

And no d-pad. that’s kinda lame

>

So yeah… the LightRifle…

Don’t see why we need a UNSC skin for it. And don’t call people morons.

>

Dude, chill. That kind of attitude isn’t appreciated here. This isn’t BNET.

not as lighrifle…
Lightrifle’s fire is single shot, like as DMR…

I think an human weapon… do you know RT button? so, if you push it fast, rife shot like as BR, if you push it slow, rifle shot like as DMR…

but, if BR mode kill in in 5 seconds, also DMR mode need kill in 5 seconds…

> not as lighrifle…
> Lightrifle’s fire is single shot, like as DMR…
>
> I think an human weapon… do you know RT button? so, if you push it fast, rife shot like as BR, if you push it slow, rifle shot like as DMR…
>
> but, if BR mode kill in in 5 seconds, also DMR mode need kill in 5 seconds…

I’m sorry, but how would that possible work? Each one has different ROFS and shooting a gun faster vs slower shouldn’t change the bullet output. I’m okay with my LR.

> not as lighrifle…
> Lightrifle’s fire is single shot, like as DMR…
>
> I think an human weapon… do you know RT button? so, if you push it fast, rife shot like as BR, if you push it slow, rifle shot like as DMR…
>
> but, if BR mode kill in in 5 seconds, also DMR mode need kill in 5 seconds…

What would be the purpose?

> >
>
> So yeah… the LightRifle…
>
> Don’t see why we need a UNSC skin for it. And don’t call people morons.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I can call people whatever the -Yoink- I want, so shush

> >
>
> Dude, chill. That kind of attitude isn’t appreciated here. This isn’t BNET.

Are you kidding me? when I first went on here I was called every name in the book and nobody gave a crap

> So the LR?

Yes, but a lil easier to use.

343i will keep them how they are, however.

Don’t you touch my beloved DMR!

> Are you kidding me? when I first went on here I was called every name in the book and nobody gave a crap

I assume you did.

> > > <mark>No you morons</mark>, he means a mix between the BR and DMR, like the light rifle but UNSC
> > >
> > >
> > > Have you ever seen the Halo 2 e3 demo? I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what he’s talking about, it was 3 burst un-scoped and 1 burst scoped.
> > >
> > >
> > > And no d-pad. that’s kinda lame
> >
> > Dude, chill. That kind of attitude isn’t appreciated here. This isn’t BNET.
>
> Are you kidding me? when I first went on here I was called every name in the book and nobody gave a crap

I assume that was the Halo 4 forum… It’s a dangerous place filled with crazy butthurt fans. The place is basically the scorched remains of a huge flame war but, like Hirishima/Nagasaki, the effect remains. It is a dangerous place to expose yourself to.

> > Are you kidding me? when I first went on here I was called every name in the book and nobody gave a crap
>
> I assume you did.

What I mean was, I was shoved down for some of my ideas, the multi-team idea was mine and 343 used it, when I posted things people would tell me it’s stupid and to leave, and most of it was on the Halo 4 forums too, almost an entire year before Halo 4 came out. I can live with it, but it was so constant I just left

Guys, just because the Light Rifle has a similar firing mechanism doesn’t mean the UNSC can’t make a rifle that can do the same. The Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle, and Suppressor all fire the same, but are vastly different from one another. The concept isn’t out of the question either, as evidenced by the Halo 2 E3 demo. The difference would be that, as it is the Light Rifle does more damage and possibly fires faster while scoped. The BR/DMR lovechild that was proposed here simply changes the firing mode when scoped. I think it could easily be a great idea to merge the two. No longer would there be a fight over which rifle to use in SWAT and what-not.

I will say that the D-pad and trigger mechanics probably wouldn’t work very well, as when needing to fire, you will likely try to shoot as fast as possible (not to mention the problem of whether or not your controller can accurately register how slow/fast you pull the trigger). As for the D-pad to alternate firing modes, there’s no reason to make that function manual. Besides, the D-pad is already occupied by the grenade-swapping and the ordinance. Combined with the specialization that allows you to change ordinance, this would be an unnecessarily problematic function to make manual.

My only suggestion would be that when scoped, this rifle would do LESS damage. It makes sense with standard firearms and could be where unscoped= 4-shot kill, while scoped=5 or 6-shot kills. I honestly do like this idea for a new standard-issue marksman rifle, as having two just makes things a bit too cluttered for my tastes. There really is no need for two rifles that serve virtually the same purpose for the same faction.

After all, the time of Halo 4 and after are certainly going to be riddled with change. We’ve already gotten new weapons from the UNSC. What’s stopping them from making a new dual-action rifle to assimilate two of the most effective firearms that Misriah Armory has produced?

Being a human weapon we can’t justify bullets outputting different damages like the Light Rifle. But hypothetically the single fire mode could shot significantly faster than the burst fire mode to produce similar kill times.

If the weapon shot single rounds as fast as a plasma pistol and was a 10shot kill it would have a 1.5 second kill time and if the burst fire mode was as slow as the Halo 3 BR it would have a 1.4s kill time. Like the LR I think the firing mode should depend on weather you are zoomed in or not. If it was on the D-pad I think everyone would just use the burst fire mode.

I believe this is how the BR was originally intended to operate in Halo 2. Burst fire unscoped, single fire zoomed in. But the idea was scrapped. Then 343 revived the idea and created the Light Rifle.

> Being a human weapon we can’t justify bullets outputting different damages like the Light Rifle. But hypothetically the single fire mode could shot significantly faster than the burst fire mode to produce similar kill times.
>
> If the weapon shot single rounds as fast as a plasma pistol and was a 10shot kill it would have a 1.5 second kill time and if the burst fire mode was as slow as the Halo 3 BR it would have a 1.4s kill time. Like the LR I think the firing mode should depend on weather you are zoomed in or not. If it was on the D-pad I think everyone would just use the burst fire mode.
>
> I believe this is how the BR was originally intended to operate in Halo 2. Burst fire unscoped, single fire zoomed in. But the idea was scrapped. Then 343 revived the idea and created the Light Rifle.

Sometimes gameplay supercedes logic and canon. The Gravity Hammer should kill its user during the swing, but doesn’t. The rounds of an AR into a Spartans head should be a headshot, but its not. The weapon tweaks during title updates aren’t supported by canonical changes in revisions of ammunition. The thing is, gameplay is the most pressing matter when it comes to a video game like Halo, so long as it doesn’t do anything too ridiculous for a sci-fi shooter.

What I’m saying is that sometimes logic and reality are overridden without consequence in entertainment, and that’s what Halo is. Its like how in Westerns, the protagonist can fire 12 shots from a 6-shot revolver and (while there are exceptions to this trope) no one usually asks how he managed to do it.

weapons need to be more unique and purposive, not a blur. Why would you change weapons if you had a weapon that does all?

> weapons need to be more unique and purposive, not a blur. Why would you change weapons if you had a weapon that does all?

It wouldn’t do all. It would fulfill the role that the Br and DMR are competing for, which is a UNSC-made, headshot-capable, mid to long range rifle. It still wouldn’t excel at close quarters and wouldn’t be OP at longer ranges. The Halo CE pistol is an example of a weapon that does all. No need for any other weapon, other than the power weapons (Sniper, Rockets, Shotgun), if you had that bloody pistol.

The thing is, why does the UNSC need two weapons to serve the same role? The Covenant doesn’t have that. The Prometheans dont have that. It is the equivalent of including both the Covenant Carbine and the Needle Rifle… Including both of these weapons is relatively pointless, but caters to both crowds of people. Perhaps now its time to unite these two groups.