BR Crosshair is Not Bigger

I’ve seen a bunch of people talk about how big the BR crosshair is. Well, I’ve taken the liberty of overlaying a Halo 3 screenshot over Halo 4 gameplay.

News flash, it’s the exact same size. -.-

Everything is at the same scale, I did however move the Halo 3 screenshot up a few pixels to line it up with the Halo 4 one.

New one looks a little bit bigger.

No, I already knew it wasn’t any bigger. But the cross hairs are farther apart, and I’d think that’d make it more difficult to hit someone long range. But thats probably one of the many things they still haven’t decided on yet.

> No, I already knew it wasn’t any bigger. But the cross hairs are farther apart, and I’d think that’d make it more difficult to hit someone long range. But thats probably one of the many things they still haven’t decided on yet.

good. The thing should be harder to use.

> New one looks a little bit bigger.

The circle has about a 2px wider diameter. The entire crosshair is the same size though.

> No, I already knew it wasn’t any bigger. But the cross hairs are farther apart, and I’d think that’d make it more difficult to hit someone long range. But thats probably one of the many things they still haven’t decided on yet.

A lot of people were saying it was “way bigger” though. That’s why I posted it.

Thank you, this will quell down some angry or frustrated people…(thats a lie)

I didn’t even know anybody was even talking about its crosshairs at all.

> > No, I already knew it wasn’t any bigger. But the cross hairs are farther apart, and I’d think that’d make it more difficult to hit someone long range. But thats probably one of the many things they still haven’t decided on yet.
>
> good. The thing should be harder to use.

How does a LARGER reticle make it HARDER to use?
That only makes it less reliable.

I knew Warhouse reminded me of Orbital!

Anyway, I think people think it’s larger because the 4 dashes on the reticle are not inside the circle anymore.

I don’t know how, but I hope they make it harder to use. It was over powered in halo 3 and wayyyyy overpowered in halo 2. I actually really like the DMR in Reach in that it has its niche and other weapons can beat it easily out of that niche. I can always defeat someone with a DMR at close range with the magnum. The BR pretty much beat everything except power weapons at all ranges in halo 2 and 3.

> > > No, I already knew it wasn’t any bigger. But the cross hairs are farther apart, and I’d think that’d make it more difficult to hit someone long range. But thats probably one of the many things they still haven’t decided on yet.
> >
> > good. The thing should be harder to use.
>
> How does a LARGER reticle make it HARDER to use?
> That only makes it less reliable.

No, at long range it does exactly that, makes iot harder to use. You see, the better you can detect the center of the crosshair, the better visual perception you have. If you can detect the center of the cross hair without having the cross hair (blind skull), you have amazing visual perception.

In other words, the bigger reticle doesn’t make it less reliable as long as all the bullets always hit the center of it, it just makes long range combat more skill demanding while avoiding all randomized gameplay design elements such as spread and bloom. The best thing about it is that it’s only a psychological effect, therefore possible to overcome with skill, but incredibly hard the further your range goes.

33 bullets? Um, what?

Deeper magazine? Most likely more shots to kill :expressionless:

HUD graphics are generally most susceptible to change before release. Look at the images from Reach and Halo 3’s alpha builds, the HUD’s are very different from their final product.

> 33 bullets? Um, what?
>
> Deeper magazine? Most likely more shots to kill :expressionless:

Whoa I never noticed that. There are definitely more bullets in Halo 4’s mag, by a lot.

Edit: Looks like there may possibly be 64 rounds in that clip.

> > 33 bullets? Um, what?
> >
> > Deeper magazine? Most likely more shots to kill :expressionless:
>
> Whoa I never noticed that. There are definitely more bullets in Halo 4’s mag, by a lot.

I only have one thing to say to this… perks shivers in fear

> > > 33 bullets? Um, what?
> > >
> > > Deeper magazine? Most likely more shots to kill :expressionless:
> >
> > Whoa I never noticed that. There are definitely more bullets in Halo 4’s mag, by a lot.
>
> I only have one thing to say to this… perks shivers in fear

Whimpers in corner

ummm, the BR has 36 rounds bro.

> 33 bullets? Um, what?
>

> ummm, the BR has 36 rounds bro.
>
>
>
>
> > 33 bullets? Um, what?
> >
> > Deeper magazine? Most likely more shots to kill :expressionless:

I, of all people, mixed the BR and AR up.

lol. My bad, 36 is the amount it’s meant to have :slight_smile:

> 33 bullets? Um, what?
>

Wow looks like they made it 64 shots… That’s the last thing it needs.

Trust me… That will not be the final reticle. It just looks so much like an alpha version you’d see in any game in it’s early stages.

What I’m trying to say is it’s the worst looking reticle I’ve ever seen in Halo excluding other aiming reticles in alpha stage. Reguardless… It still isn’t that bad.