BR (buff) vs DMR (nerf)

The Battle Rifle needs to have a 12 bullet kill instead of 13, which requires an additional 5th burst of fire.
DMR is currently more valuable than the BR in all combat situations.

Current system:
Long range - DMR>-BR
Mid range - DMR>-BR
Close range - DMR>-BR

4 shot BR:
Long range - DMR>-BR
Mid range - DMR=BR
Close range - BR>-DMR

“Alright back to the DMR the BR is seriously terrible” NInja 6/Nov

Increasing the BR’s magazine size is another option to balance its utility against the DMR.

To accurately land 13 bullets from the BR is harder than it is to land 5 bullets from the DMR. This is because you must maintain your aim for an additional 8 bullets. The BR and the DMR have the same kill times and yet the BR’s is harder to execute.

When attempting to balance the weapons 343 did not factor in the BR’s disadvantage of having to keep its targets in its sights for an additional 8 bullets worth of time. Consistently tracking a target is more challenging than sweeping the sights between DMR shots.

The DMR excels in its traits of accuracy and range, whereas, the BR excels at nothing. This must be changed to establish balance.

BEAR IN MIND 99% OF MATCHMAKING ENCOUNTERS WILL TAKE MORE THAN 4 SHOTS TO KILL EVEN IF THE GUN HAS A 12 BULLET KILL TIME. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HIT ALL 12 BULLETS IN 4 SHOTS EVERY TIME LET ALONE LAND THE 12TH BULLET IN HIS HEAD.

“Reptilia
Recruit - Iron
People need to quit it with the defense that they are killing kids with the BR so it is therefore powerful enough. I guarantee you that the kids you are killing are less skillful than you. Try to separate player skill from gun effectiveness. The place to compare guns is at pro tournaments where the differences between players’ skills are negligible and the gun mechanics are the distinguishing factors.”(in duels)

I agree. After watching the MLG Dallas tournaments, the BR takes a little too long to kill with the recoil. It should take 12 bullets instead of 13.

OP, I watched a lot of gameplay (even MLG gameplay) where people used the BR and did just fine.

It will be al-right.

From my experience it seems every man and his dog is using the Br online over the weekend, infact im getting sick of being hailed upon by 2-3 BR people lol.

Br is good at what it does.

> I agree. After watching the MLG Dallas tournaments, the BR takes a little too long to kill with the recoil. It should take 12 bullets instead of 13.

I gotta give you props on this, this is a very sneaky way to say “Make BR a 4 shot kill”. Very stealthy indeed!

I say fix the Carbine 1st more than anything. The appears to be holding its own at intended range. You have to land too many shots with the Carbine. The little nerf they did to the Carbine a while ago made all the difference.

BR is too mainstream.

AR all the way! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s fine. However, I was thinking that it could be 12 round shield break?

DMR is clearly the strongest rifle in the game, but I won’t judge the other three until I give them a try.

Pfft, don’t go with what’s OP, go with what’s skillful. The AR!

> Pfft, don’t go with what’s OP, go with what’s skillful. The AR!

I hope this wasn’t serious.

BR should be 4 shot.

I think we will need to see a little more gameplay before changing it to a 4 shot. It seemed like the BR was less used in Dallas primarily due to everyone being more comfortable with the DMR from Reach, along with Pro’s ability to get sight lines and callouts from across the map, which makes the BR less useful. For the average player, or even really good players, in matchmaking, I think the BR will be pretty useful.

Also, if the BR is underpowered why not just use the DMR? Even if it’s a 4SK, it still doesn’t have the range necessary to take out a DMR past mid range. IMO the DMR is a more versatile weapon regardless of the BR’s kill time.

Even regarding storyline, making the DMR more powerful than the BR makes no sense. The DMR is the precursor to the BR. The BR was the upgrade to the DMR in the Halo universe, thus the strength it’s showing makes absolutely no sense. Why make the weapon of the worst halo game released to date the most powerful? Makes no sense to me…

The BR is far weaker than the DMR and is pretty pointless unless they make it more powerful to compensate for its poor range.

DMR Master Race!

> The BR is far weaker than the DMR and is pretty pointless unless they make it more powerful to compensate for its poor range.

What I don’t get. Is that according to the Halo story, the BR replaced the DMR. Why is it less powerful? Damn UNSC.

Tbh I’ve been using the BR and I only use the DMR when I run out of ammo. I can’t really think of a time where I was in a situation and thought to myself “well, if I had a DMR I would have killed him”.

I agree that the DMR was used at Dallas due to the fact everyone has been playing Reach. But, I think at the moment its pretty balanced. Yeah the BR should be superior to the DMR due to the storyline or whatever, but honestly they aren’t going to look at a story line for competitive balance. The BR being 4 shout would make the DMR almost 100% useless.

I completely agree, I feel like people here aren’t thinking of balance and want Reach 2.0 compared to the Halo 3/Reach Hybrid this should be.

> The BR being 4 shout would make the DMR almost 100% useless.

changing the BR from 13 bullet to 12 bullet would not make the DMR useless - what it would do is make the BR slightly better at close range than the DMR. The DMR will remain superior at mid-long range.

Agreed with OP