BR back! What if... BXR? How would you react?

Lets just say for the luls, what if 343i allowed you to BXR in H4? How would you react?

That question reminds of when I took the G.O.A.T. in Fallout 3.

But OT: I honestly wouldn’t know how I would react.

I would rather there be actual mechanics with a sizeable skillgap then button combos ect that just require timing and mitigate other mechanics.

BXR’ing wasn’t hard and actually reduced the aiming skillgap up close because your reticule auto-centered over the opponents head.

How would I react? Wonder who managed to sneak into the studio to slip a skill inducing gameplay mechanic into the game. Well, at least finding the right suspect would be easy as the amount of game developers who understand about skill isn’t very large.

Jokes aside, with 343i’s understanding of gameplay mechanics, I would be surprised to find such a mechanic from the game.

> I would rather there be actual mechanics with a sizeable skillgap then button combos ect that just require timing and mitigate other mechanics.
>
> BXR’ing wasn’t hard and actually reduced the aiming skillgap up close because your reticule auto-centered over the opponents head.

Honestly, saying that button combos don’t have a sizeable skill gap makes you seem like one of those people who never managed to pull a single proper double shot in Halo 2. Had you actually had experience on extensive button combo usage, you may have understood the possibilities of skill they add.

It’s a real pity Bungie didn’t realize their potential as actual gameplay mechanics and simply disregarded them because they were glitches. After all, with a properly balanced sandbox and intentionally designed button combos, they would indeed have been something great.

As much as I loved h2 I wouldn’t want to see the bxr back. Didn’t bother me that those button glitches were in h2, but they were glitches not intended to be there.

Well, seeing as the BXR was a glitch, I’d be a little upset if it was in Halo 4…

> Well, seeing as the BXR was a glitch, I’d be a little upset if it was in Halo 4…

Wouldn’t be a glitch if they intentionally implemented it :stuck_out_tongue:

But I don’t think it would be a bad idea, so long as they are sure to let everyone know about it, much like Quake introduces everyone to strafe-jumping.

> Well, seeing as the BXR was a glitch, I’d be a little upset if it was in Halo 4…

> As much as I loved h2 I wouldn’t want to see the bxr back. Didn’t bother me that those button glitches were in h2, but they were glitches not intended to be there.

Excuse me, but assuming that if somthing is a glitch, it should automatically be removed is such a narrow minded attitude. If button combos were back as actual gameplay mechanics instead of glitches, you would have no problems with them, would you? Glitches hardly ever make it into the next sequel of a game as actual gameplay mechanics, eve if they’re good for gameplay. But a wise developer understands the vaule of potentially good glitches. Id software did this with strafe jumping in Quake, Halo could very well do it with button combos as properly made they have nothing but a good effect on gameplay. So, is it too much asked for people to be a bit more open minded and not disregard potentially good game mechanics simply because they initially appeared in the game as unintentional glitches?

> > Well, seeing as the BXR was a glitch, I’d be a little upset if it was in Halo 4…
>
>
>
> > As much as I loved h2 I wouldn’t want to see the bxr back. Didn’t bother me that those button glitches were in h2, but they were glitches not intended to be there.
>
> Excuse me, but assuming that if somthing is a glitch, it should automatically be removed is such a narrow minded attitude. If button combos were back as actual gameplay mechanics instead of glitches, you would have no problems with them, would you? Glitches hardly ever make it into the next sequel of a game as actual gameplay mechanics, eve if they’re good for gameplay. But a wise developer understands the vaule of potentially good glitches. Id software did this with strafe jumping in Quake, Halo could very well do it with button combos as properly made they have nothing but a good effect on gameplay. So, is it too much asked for people to be a bit more open minded and not disregard potentially good game mechanics simply because they initially appeared in the game as unintentional glitches?

If I could choose between AAs and Button combos it would be button combos.

But, if the button glitches were to ever come back with the AAs, they have to be separated from them. Like, Ranked and Social. Having so much fuss in one game does simply not work.

This would play as I “pwn da n00bs”

It’s very fitting.

> That question reminds of when I took the G.O.A.T. in Fallout 3.
>
> But OT: I honestly wouldn’t know how I would react.

I always thought that was completely pointless in Fallout 3…I mean, even after taking the test you can just use some kind of charm to force him to change stuff to your advantage anyway.

> > That question reminds of when I took the G.O.A.T. in Fallout 3.
> >
> > But OT: I honestly wouldn’t know how I would react.
>
> I always thought that was completely pointless in Fallout 3…I mean, even after taking the test you can just use some kind of charm to force him to change stuff to your advantage anyway.

Well yeah, but there were some pretty funny questions in it though.

it wont be, but if it was… i would almost forget about all the gimmicks.

> How would I react? Wonder who managed to sneak into the studio to slip a skill inducing gameplay mechanic into the game. Well, at least finding the right suspect would be easy as the amount of game developers who understand about skill isn’t very large.
>
> Jokes aside, with 343i’s understanding of gameplay mechanics, I would be surprised to find such a mechanic from the game.
>
>
>
> > I would rather there be actual mechanics with a sizeable skillgap then button combos ect that just require timing and mitigate other mechanics.
> >
> > BXR’ing wasn’t hard and actually reduced the aiming skillgap up close because your reticule auto-centered over the opponents head.
>
> Honestly, saying that button combos don’t have a sizeable skill gap makes you seem like one of those people who never managed to pull a single proper double shot in Halo 2. Had you actually had experience on extensive button combo usage, you may have understood the possibilities of skill they add.
>
> It’s a real pity Bungie didn’t realize their potential as actual gameplay mechanics and simply disregarded them because they were glitches. After all, with a properly balanced sandbox and intentionally designed button combos, they would indeed have been something great.

Button combinations can be easily exploited by using a modified peripheral device, which actually is being sold for Halo 2. Since there hasn’t been found a proper way to detect the majority of modified peripherals, and there is a ranking system in Halo, they would probably be used a lot by players.

And it looked a bit broken also. Well it was a glitch I guess…

dat BXR
dat Double-Shot

if only…

The only thing that matters:

-double grenade in campaign
-sword flying (cancelling) in campaign

I had uses for those. As for shooting button combos, I didn’t rely on them (they were hard to do on the PC anyway). With all skulls on, I improvised and used positioning, cloaking, grenades, and Johnson to dominate.

Depends if the weapon sandbox actually allows it.

Keeping a 1-hit kill combo on one gun would totally screws things up.

> The only thing that matters:
>
> -double grenade in campaign
> -sword flying (cancelling) in campaign
>
> I had uses for those. As for shooting button combos, I didn’t rely on them (they were hard to do on the PC anyway). With all skulls on, I improvised and used positioning, cloaking, grenades, and Johnson to dominate.

Oh god i forgot about this thread, anyway i would love to sword lunge… allthough we have forgeball mode now so it doesnt matter, we don’t need to traverse scenery anymore :frowning:

> > Well, seeing as the BXR was a glitch, I’d be a little upset if it was in Halo 4…
>
> Wouldn’t be a glitch if they intentionally implemented it :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> But I don’t think it would be a bad idea, so long as they are sure to let everyone know about it, much like Quake introduces everyone to strafe-jumping.

Kinda like MW2 with quick-scoping.

Quick scoping was never intended to happen, but it did.

So in MW3, Infinity Ward made a perk specifically designed for quickscoping: Quickdraw.