BR and Magnum in SWAT.

I have always loved the BR ever since its introduction in Halo 2. It’s been one of my favorite guns to use in Halo, but it should not be in SWAT. Why? Well because it takes less skill than the DMR. You have 3 chances to get a headshot with one pull of the trigger, and you don’t even need to aim for the head because the recoil will be enough for the third bullet to rise up to the head, assuming the BR user is aiming at their target’s chest. Plus it’s just random. Players can spray with the BR in SWAT and still get a headshot on the first trigger pull.

Now the magnum. The magnum has never been a problem in SWAT for two reasons, it wasn’t very usefull and players started with the same two weapons instead of having the option of two primaries. The magnum in Halo 4 SWAT is ridiculous. It takes less skill than the BR thanks to it’s larger reticle and minimal bloom. And when paired up with a weekly challenge to get 200 kills with a sidearm in War Games, SWAT is practically unplayable because everyone uses their magnums which have a quicker fire rate than my trusty DMR.

I hated Halo 3 SWAT but enjoy Reach SWAT because the BR ruins SWAT and now the magnum participates in doing so as well. Yes, the BR is extremely fun to use but it should not be in SWAT for balance issues in all the SWAT maps that are not complex.

Translation: I suck at SWAT.

Why? Because I choose to use the gun in that specific gametype that takes the most skill? In other words, you’re a BR and magnum user. If one of us sucks at SWAT, it’s you, not me, because you can’t learn to use skillful weapons.

> Translation: I suck at SWAT.

love this post.

anyway swats been established for quite some time. its not changing anytime soon. the br makes swat as awesome as it is.

good day.

Guess nobody likes challenging themselves to be skillful.

> Why? Because I choose to use the gun in that specific gametype that takes the most skill? In other words, you’re a BR and magnum user. If one of us sucks at SWAT, it’s you, not me, because you can’t learn to use skillful weapons.

Assume all you want, haven’t lost many games of SWAT recently. And I use DMR + Pistol. I’m not the best, but I don’t suck either. I can take down BR and Pistol users easily with any weapon. And I see BR and Pistol users get kicked in the face with DMR all the time, so I don’t see what the problem is.

> Guess nobody likes challenging themselves to be skillful.

guess people like the game as it has been for years.

weird.

At high level play it doesn’t even matter and also the dmr has more BM and higher ROF and a bigger clip so if you’re going for multi-kills, it actually better to use the dmr.

Also 343 obv doesn’t care for competitiveness since there are no ranks are you kidding yourself.

Also the br is complete garbage in every other playlist. at least there is one playlist where the br is used

Ah, it’s one of these threads, where the OP will constantly tell everyone that their opinion is the only correct one and if you so much as politely disagree then you’re wrong and/or are a noob.

> > Guess nobody likes challenging themselves to be skillful.
>
> guess people like the game as it has been for years.
>
>
> weird.

Yeah, it is wierd, isn’t it? Considering I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. You have zero room to talk on that one.

wait… swat takes skill?

> > Why? Because I choose to use the gun in that specific gametype that takes the most skill? In other words, you’re a BR and magnum user. If one of us sucks at SWAT, it’s you, not me, because you can’t learn to use skillful weapons.
>
> Assume all you want, haven’t lost many games of SWAT recently. And I use DMR + Pistol. I’m not the best, but I don’t suck either. I can take down BR and Pistol users easily with any weapon. And I see BR and Pistol users get kicked in the face with DMR all the time, so I don’t see what the problem is.

There isn’t much problem. I’m taking this from a competitive standpoint. As a highly cometitive player, I like balance, and weapons that take less skill aren’t balanced specifically in SWAT. It’s like pitting two players in a room that can fit only 4 scorpions. Give one rockets and give the other a plasma pistol. It’s an extreme analogy but it wouldn’t make for a balanced 1v1.

You do realise that the BR is used in SWAT for Halo 3 and before right?

> At high level play it doesn’t even matter and also the dmr has more BM and higher ROF and a bigger clip so if you’re going for multi-kills, it actually better to use the dmr.
>
> Also 343 obv doesn’t care for competitiveness since there are no ranks are you kidding yourself.
>
> Also the br is complete garbage in every other playlist. at least there is one playlist where the br is used

The BR seems to have a higher RoF than the DMR from my experience. I’ll have to test it. And unfortunately, 343 doesn’t. They made it seem as if they cared about competition, pre-launch but they lied. But the BR isn’t useless. As a former BR user, it’s very good in oddball, slayer, and other gametypes that use smaller sized maps.

> > > Guess nobody likes challenging themselves to be skillful.
> >
> > guess people like the game as it has been for years.
> >
> >
> > weird.
>
> Yeah, it is wierd, isn’t it? Considering I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. You have zero room to talk on that one.

and this reply has to do with swat how?

> Ah, it’s one of these threads, where the OP will constantly tell everyone that their opinion is the only correct one and if you so much as politely disagree then you’re wrong and/or are a noob.

No, you clearly are mistaken. I am all for reasonability. How you approach me is how I approach you. Your choice.

> wait… swat takes skill?

Now it seems to take barely any.

> You do realise that the BR is used in SWAT for Halo 3 and before right?

Yeah, it was the primary rifle in both 3 and 2. But it was the only primary rifle available in both of those for SWAT.

> > > > Guess nobody likes challenging themselves to be skillful.
> > >
> > > guess people like the game as it has been for years.
> > >
> > >
> > > weird.
> >
> > Yeah, it is wierd, isn’t it? Considering I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. You have zero room to talk on that one.
>
> and this reply has to do with swat how?

I repudiated your response. You implied that I don’t like vanilla Halo. I implied I do.

> > > > > Guess nobody likes challenging themselves to be skillful.
> > > >
> > > > guess people like the game as it has been for years.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > weird.
> > >
> > > Yeah, it is wierd, isn’t it? Considering I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. You have zero room to talk on that one.
> >
> > and this reply has to do with swat how?
>
> I repudiated your response. You implied that I don’t like vanilla Halo. I implied I do.

i never said a word about vanilla halo. i said that most people like swat the way it has been for years. no need to change it.