BR and DMR strength

I haven’t been through the threads in a while so sorry if this was stated earlier. I have noticed through hours and hours of Halo 4 multiplayer videos that the shot to kill for the BR and the DMR have been different several times. Maybe the player(s) have taken previous damage when I start but it would be nice if somebody through E3 or Pax can shed some light?

I haven’t noticed a difference in the DMR or BR. But that’s just me. The Carbine has been affected a bit though. I think it shoots a bit slower. It’s still powerful though.

I believe both are 5sk with the BR having the edge in mid-range because of it’s RoF and the DMR being better at long-range due to the relative lack shot spread.

What was the Carbine like before the nerf? And what was nerfed? RoF? Damage? Anyone know?

> I believe both are 5sk with the BR having the edge in mid-range because of it’s RoF and the DMR being better at long-range due to the relative lack shot spread.
>
> What was the Carbine like before the nerf? And what was nerfed? RoF? Damage? Anyone know?

No. Actually, the DMR kills 0.3 seconds faster at all ranges (tested frame by frame over countless videos) and even faster in close range because you can spam and not have to worry about accuracy.

So no. The DMR is statistically better 100% of the time. The only way a 5sk BR would ever be better is if it is easier to use than the DMR, in which case, in the hands of a player who doesn’t suck, the DMR is the better choice.

That is why the BR needs to be a 4sk. The fire rate is faster than any previous halo, but it is still slower than the DMR fire rate. This means that the DMR is always better and that the BR will eventually never be used by anybody except noobs.

In other words, BR is underpowered and 343i doesn’t seem to want to do anything about it ATM.

> > I believe both are 5sk with the BR having the edge in mid-range because of it’s RoF and the DMR being better at long-range due to the relative lack shot spread.
> >
> > What was the Carbine like before the nerf? And what was nerfed? RoF? Damage? Anyone know?
>
> No. Actually, the DMR kills 0.3 seconds faster at all ranges (tested frame by frame over countless videos) and even faster in close range because you can spam and not have to worry about accuracy.
>
> So no. The DMR is statistically better 100% of the time. The only way a 5sk BR would ever be better is if it is easier to use than the DMR, in which case, in the hands of a player who doesn’t suck, the DMR is the better choice.
>
> That is why the BR needs to be a 4sk. The fire rate is faster than any previous halo, but it is still slower than the DMR fire rate. This means that the DMR is always better and that the BR will eventually never be used by anybody except noobs.
>
> In other words, BR is underpowered and 343i doesn’t seem to want to do anything about it ATM.

no no no no no no no

If DMR is harder to use then it deserves a faster kill time, you may as well ask for the assault rifle to kill as fast with body shots.

Both guns are 5 shot kills. If there is any discrepancy it is caused by the BR’s spread, some of the bullets from a burst or two didn’t hit.

Both weapons kill in the same amount of shots. The BR fires slower.

I hate the DMR with every fiber of my being, which is why I will either use the LR or BR.

OT: I have heard they are both 5sk which is my mind means they kill at the same rate. HOWEVER, in the last bulletin, 343 stated that the Carbine was the most lethal precision weapon when in the hands of an expert. Soooo…food for thought :smiley:

Halo 4 wooooooooo!

> I hate the DMR with every fiber of my being, which is why I will either use the LR or BR.
>
>
> OT: I have heard they are both 5sk which is my mind means they kill at the same rate. HOWEVER, in the last bulletin, 343 stated that the Carbine was the most lethal precision weapon when in the hands of an expert. Soooo…food for thought :smiley:
>
>
> Halo 4 wooooooooo!

The Carbine takes waaay more shots to kill. It’ll be good if you can handle the speed and land all your shots but could be a disadvantage otherwise.

I think both kill times are 1.6 seconds(just going off what I saw in a video), you might have seen it different because of the people using it aren’t always perfect with it(no hate on them I’m just saying).

> I think both kill times are 1.6 seconds(just going off what I saw in a video), you might have seen it different because of the people using it aren’t always perfect with it(no hate on them I’m just saying).

The video you watched is from Nexy. His numbers are confirmed wrong(Atleast a few of them anyway). The ACTUAL NUMBERS(so far) are as follows:

DMR:1.4

BR:1.8

Carbine:1.63

Light rifle(unscoped):1.8

light rifle(Scoped): 1.3

hope this helps.

> > I think both kill times are 1.6 seconds(just going off what I saw in a video), you might have seen it different because of the people using it aren’t always perfect with it(no hate on them I’m just saying).
>
> The video you watched is from Nexy. His numbers are confirmed wrong(Atleast a few of them anyway). The ACTUAL NUMBERS(so far) are as follows:
>
> DMR:1.4
>
> BR:1.8
>
> Carbine:1.63
>
> Light rifle(unscoped):1.8
>
> light rifle(Scoped): 1.3
>
> hope this helps.