BR and Dmr in h4. will it work?

Do you think that the BR and the DMR could be used side by side in H4? They both are mid-range weapons with about the same shots/time to kill. So could it work or does 343 has to change one of the guns?
Please state what you want to change if you want to change something.

Why change anything? They will both take the same time to fastest kill. The BR will be a little easier to use due to burst fire and the DMR will have more range due to 3x scope and no recoil.

They provide slightly different things, and also provide a different utility weapon for users who prefer burst over single shot and vice versa.

I’m calling it now, the MP is gonna break up into people who loved the Halo 2 BR vs the people who loved the DMR in Reach and hated how much the BR dominated in Halo 2 mp.

Personally i know for a fact that im going to fall into the former, regardless of the iffy design on the new BR.

It’d be interesting to see one team play with DMRs and another with BRs. I wonder what that’d be like…

Nothing is ever balanced. One will have an advantage I can guarantee it. Whichever one has the bigger advantage will be the one that gets used the most. This happens in almost every game. Especially games with long kill times.

Judging on the BR reticle i think it will be for close to medium range and the DMR will be medium to long range

I can honestly see myself carrying both weapons. I loved using them both in 2,3 and Reach and having them side by side would be awesome. Never been a fan of automatic weapons and I’d much rather rely on something like a BR than an AR.

> Judging on the BR reticle i think it will be for close to medium range and the DMR will be medium to long range

I was thinking along those lines. So I guess people will be running around with both weapon’s its understandable and I will be giving this combo a try and see how effective it is.

They are obviously be different in some way.

I’m assuming that different skill weapons will cater to different playstyles.

I’m also considering that Some may be slightly more powerful than others. Example, you may always start with a DMR and the BR may be a pick-up only weapon in a gametype. In that scenario the BR may be a stronger weapon in any sense of the word.

yeah they both can work. they serve different purposes.

dmr is more mid/long range, br is short/mid.

balance them out by having the dmr as a 5/6sk with a faster firing speed, and have the br be basically the h2 br…and you have a winning combination. it’s all about preference at that point, which is what having a large sandbox is all about.

> Nothing is ever balanced. One will have an advantage I can guarantee it. Whichever one has the bigger advantage will be the one that gets used the most. This happens in almost every game. Especially games with long kill times.

I’m assuming which ever skill weapon has the most range will be the winner. Long range weapons are effective at all ranges.

I can see them having different ranges, perhaps quicker kills with smaller clips. Different scopes and hopefully customizable reticules.

Like the sniper, possible smaller hit box on more powerful weapons. Maybe the DMR will cause more damage than the BR but be more difficult to use.

Maybe