BR a 4sk.

The Battle Rifle should be a 4 Shot Kill!!!

What is the point of it being a 5 Shot?

It was perfect in Halo 2 and 3, wasn’t overpowered, so why change that and make it bad?

Come on 343!!!

They explain it in the sparkast.

/discussion.

Frankie said that they made it 5sk so it matches the Halo 3 pace.

I think it will be fine. We will see when they release the game. :slight_smile:
EDIT: So, was it to match the Halo 3 pace or to balance it with the rest of the sandbox? :slight_smile:
I think I heard both somewhere.

If you listened to the new sparkcast, they said it used to be 4-shot, but it didn’t balance well with the rest of the sandbox so they made it 5 shot. There’s your answer.

> The Battle Rifle should be a 4 Shot Kill!!!
>
> What is the point of it being a 5 Shot?
>
> It was perfect in Halo 2 and 3, wasn’t overpowered, so why change that and make it bad?
>
> Come on 343!!!

make sure you listen to the last Sparkast.

Link?

> The Battle Rifle should be a 4 Shot Kill!!!
>
> What is the point of it being a 5 Shot?
>
> <mark>It was perfect in Halo 2 and 3, wasn’t overpowered,</mark> so why change that and make it bad?
>
> Come on 343!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Wait U serious?

OT: 5sk is more balanced than 4sk.

It was 4sk in Halo 3 because it FIT in that game, in Halo 4 it would not fit as a 4sk considering the introduction of all the other weapons, and they considered the pace when they made the gun a 5sk now.

The BR was overpowered in halo 3.
I’m glad it is a 5 shot kill.

Why are you bringing this up now? It’s too late to fuss about it now. We’ve been doing it since e3…

Let it die. They did it for balancing reasons, whether you agree with them or not.

Dude! It takes 1.6 seconds to kill with it. That’s fast enough :wink:

> > The Battle Rifle should be a 4 Shot Kill!!!
> >
> > What is the point of it being a 5 Shot?
> >
> > <mark>It was perfect in Halo 2 and 3, wasn’t overpowered,</mark> so why change that and make it bad?
> >
> > Come on 343!!!
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wait U serious?

Halo 2’s was overpowered because of glitches. Not it’s fault.

Halo 3’s was overpowered because every other weapon sucked. Once again, not it’s fault.

4sk BR is not overpowered. I would think with no glitches and a balanced sandbox, a 4sk BR would be okay. I guess not.

Doesn’t matter. I’ll be using the Light Rifle. Not even going to voluntarily use that 5sk Turd, ever.

Yes but I feel it is extremely overshadowed by every other precision primary.

> The BR was overpowered in halo 3.
> I’m glad it is a 5 shot kill.

It was actually slow and weak in Halo 3. Too bad Bungie had made all the other weapons trash too.

> > > The Battle Rifle should be a 4 Shot Kill!!!
> > >
> > > What is the point of it being a 5 Shot?
> > >
> > > <mark>It was perfect in Halo 2 and 3, wasn’t overpowered,</mark> so why change that and make it bad?
> > >
> > > Come on 343!!!
> >
> > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Wait U serious?
>
> Halo 2’s was overpowered because of glitches. Not it’s fault.
>
> Halo 3’s was overpowered because every other weapon sucked. Once again, not it’s fault.
>
> 4sk BR is not overpowered. I would think with no glitches and a balanced sandbox, a 4sk BR would be okay. I guess not.
>
> Doesn’t matter. I’ll be using the Light Rifle. Not even going to voluntarily use that 5sk Turd, ever.

I like how everyone assumes “Oh a 5 shot? Turd” without even considering that it might be balanced for HALO 4’s sandbox. From what I heard it does very well in its recommended range (Short to medium) and gets beaten out by the DMR at long range. I thinking at this point people are hating on it just cause it isn’t the best go-to weapon anymore for all situations.

> I like how everyone assumes “Oh a 5 shot? Turd” without even considering that it might be balanced for HALO 4’s sandbox. From what I heard it does very well in its recommended range (Short to medium) and gets beaten out by the DMR at long range. I thinking at this point people are hating on it just cause it isn’t the best go-to weapon anymore for all situations.

The actual issue is because it gets beaten out by everything. It really has no place outside nostalgia anymore, and was nerfed just because it had a cult following. It used to be leader of the pack, now it is just a slower-firing, less accurate DMR.

> > > The Battle Rifle should be a 4 Shot Kill!!!
> > >
> > > What is the point of it being a 5 Shot?
> > >
> > > <mark>It was perfect in Halo 2 and 3, wasn’t overpowered,</mark> so why change that and make it bad?
> > >
> > > Come on 343!!!
> >
> > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Wait U serious?
>
> Halo 2’s was overpowered because of glitches. Not it’s fault.
>
> Halo 3’s was overpowered because every other weapon sucked. Once again, not it’s fault.
>
> 4sk BR is not overpowered. I would think with no glitches and a balanced sandbox, a 4sk BR would be okay. I guess not.
>
> Doesn’t matter. I’ll be using the Light Rifle. Not even going to voluntarily use that 5sk Turd, ever.

So your saying BR in H3 was op because every other gun sucked? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Not its fault? IT WAS OP YOU EVEN SAID IT WAS! the gun only made the other guns suck because its OP and should be nerfed

You just have to play with it to realize it works perfectly guys, really snappy and I havent heard a single complaint about the 5sk from anyone, MLG or otherwise, who has played Halo 4.

Honestly though the BR is old news, weak sauce, lame brain, what you really want is the DMR! The new DMR is a killing MACHINE I take it over the BR any day of the week!

> > > > The Battle Rifle should be a 4 Shot Kill!!!
> > > >
> > > > What is the point of it being a 5 Shot?
> > > >
> > > > <mark>It was perfect in Halo 2 and 3, wasn’t overpowered,</mark> so why change that and make it bad?
> > > >
> > > > Come on 343!!!
> > >
> > > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Wait U serious?
> >
> > Halo 2’s was overpowered because of glitches. Not it’s fault.
> >
> > Halo 3’s was overpowered because every other weapon sucked. Once again, not it’s fault.
> >
> > 4sk BR is not overpowered. I would think with no glitches and a balanced sandbox, a 4sk BR would be okay. I guess not.
> >
> > Doesn’t matter. I’ll be using the Light Rifle. Not even going to voluntarily use that 5sk Turd, ever.
>
> So your saying BR in H3 was op because every other gun sucked? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Not its fault? IT WAS OP YOU EVEN SAID IT WAS! the gun only made the other guns suck because its OP and should be nerfed

You can’t fault the smart kid in a class full of idiots for making the idiots look dumb.

Not another one of these threads -_-