Box Art - Master Chief's Armor revision?

Hey guys,
Is there any news on the Box Art for Halo Anniversary being adjusted to reflect Master Chief’s revised in-game armor? It is common sense for both to be the same, but so far we have a cover that doesn’t match at all.

http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/blog/News/HaloCEAHalo4Wallpapers/HaloCEA_1600x1200.jpg

You can see how the helmet is specifically different (the space between the “vents” is way to small on the cover vs the in-game one), the visor is a different shape and the corners are different, and there are other differences if you compare the armor with other shots of the in-game one.

343 went all out to give us a definitive and very quality release with this, and I would hate to see the cover be a horrible blemish on the whole package.

What are you talking about? The armor in both pictures is practically the same. The only difference I can see is that the Box-Art looks like a High-poly model, much like the covers to Halo 3 and ODST.

> What are you talking about? The armor in both pictures is practically the same. The only difference I can see is that the Box-Art looks like a High-poly model, much like the covers to Halo 3 and ODST.

Helmet’s different, and the boxart still has the placeholder Reach pistol.

I hope they change it myself, make it at least like the original box cover (with the updated visuals).

> > What are you talking about? The armor in both pictures is practically the same. The only difference I can see is that the Box-Art looks like a High-poly model, much like the covers to Halo 3 and ODST.
>
> Helmet’s different, and the boxart still has the placeholder Reach pistol.
>
> I hope they change it myself, make it at least like the original box cover (with the updated visuals).

Again, the helmet really isn’t that different. And I’m pretty sure it’s a high-poly model, which would have many differences.

The Pistol doesn’t look like the Reach pistol to me, but w/e.

If they change it, they do. If they don’t, they don’t. It’s not that big of a deal.

> What are you talking about? The armor in both pictures is practically the same. The only difference I can see is that the Box-Art looks like a High-poly model, much like the covers to Halo 3 and ODST.

Here is another picture:
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5581/50355168.jpg

If we go by just the helmet, there are a number of visual differences.

You can see how the corner of the visor is much smaller on the box cover (red circle). In addition, when looking at that art, the “mouth” of the helmet is completely different (smaller space between those “vents” (purple circle), there is a sort of design/groove where the visor meets that portion (still purple circle), and you can see a rivet or something on the side). Simply put, they are two different helmets. Close, but visually different.

In terms of the armor, you can see how the bottom portion on the in-game arm is colored black, while the box-art isn’t shaded at all (matches the rest of the armor - orange circle). The shoulder is missing the two circles on the top (yellow circle), there is no rectangular light (blue circle), and the black space is missing the detail (pink circle). Also, take a look at the center of the chest armor… look how close the pieces are on the box cover, and then compare it to the in-game armor (green circle). You can see how there is a large space between the pieces in-game.

I’m sure there are a lot of other differences, and that makes sense because the art on the box is from an older version that 343 was working on. My issue is that the cover hasn’t been updated to reflect the changes that were made. I would hope to have the armor match the in-game one, otherwise that is pretty silly.

I concede. I was wrong.

Does anyone have any news/info at all about this? Anyone from 343 care to update with any info? Thanks!!!

I love this green version of chief his armor looks so good here, and not overly shiny it is subtly beautiful.

343 confirmed at the NY Comic Con panel that they did not have time to change the box art. Sad, but oh well.

I wish they would redo the original box art.

I also hope they fix the avatar gear that comes with the preorder.

Not a big deal. The first time I saw the cover, I thought “is that what the chief will be like in CEA?”. All that matters to me is what’s on the disk. Besides, the boxart still looks cool.

> Not a big deal. The first time I saw the cover, I thought “is that what the chief will be like in CEA?”. All that matters to me is what’s on the disk. Besides, the boxart still looks cool.

I think its the best boxart thus far.

IMO They should have had the original Halo CE Cover but with the updated graphics.

> > Not a big deal. The first time I saw the cover, I thought “is that what the chief will be like in CEA?”. All that matters to me is what’s on the disk. Besides, the boxart still looks cool.
>
> I think its the best boxart thus far.

I also agree with ya there.