Bots

No bots in multiplayer…anyone else bummed or does anyone think there could be a possibility that they could be included in just forge and customs.

If they can’t use something in multiplayer does it always mean it will not be considered or used in another aspect of Halo?

I don’t see the point of bots. Fighting against real players is much more fun. They only have a use offline, but even then, Firefight is the offline solution.

Bots don’t work on a custom map aswell.

Bots are pretty stupid aswell.

Not happening. No point. You want to kill things, play online.

it’s already confirmed to not have bots…i think?

Question: When have you ever seen a Bot traverse a map as difficult as a Halo map? In Quake Bots fall off maps all the time, it’s ridiculous. Bots just suck at jumping.

Nevermind

delete this post or whatever

> it’s already confirmed to not have bots…i think?

Ok, well I liked the idea. I just wish it could happen someday though.

I’m glad bots are not coming to Halo 4.

> I don’t see the point of bots. Fighting against real players is much more fun. They only have a use offline, but even then, Firefight is the offline solution.
>
> Bots don’t work on a custom map aswell.
>
> Bots are pretty stupid aswell.

There is no FireFight. So I guess that means bots are the most logical option for offline.

Plus I always thought it was kinda cool to spawn ai with a turret in Halo 3. So, yea its whatever and thanks for the feed back guys!:^)

> > I don’t see the point of bots. Fighting against real players is much more fun. They only have a use offline, but even then, Firefight is the offline solution.
> >
> > Bots don’t work on a custom map aswell.
> >
> > Bots are pretty stupid aswell.
>
> There is no FireFight. So I guess that means bots are the most logical option for offline.

So you would only play Halo 4 offline?
Campaign?
This Spartan Ops stuff?

Honestly I don’t see why you even play offline unless your internet is down for a while. If you want to kill stuff in MP, play online.

> I don’t see the point of bots. Fighting against real players is much more fun. They only have a use offline, but even then, Firefight is the offline solution.

No, I think Halo could benefit from a “Combat Training” type game mode like there is in CoD:Black Ops. In my opinion, Combat Training is one of the better game innovations to come around in a long time.

It would allow someone with a piss-poor internet connection to set there own difficulty level and enjoy the MP experience without having to worry about getting repeatedly spawn killed over and over … it would definitely be a good thing.

> > > I don’t see the point of bots. Fighting against real players is much more fun. They only have a use offline, but even then, Firefight is the offline solution.
> > >
> > > Bots don’t work on a custom map aswell.
> > >
> > > Bots are pretty stupid aswell.
> >
> > There is no FireFight. So I guess that means bots are the most logical option for offline.
>
> So you would only play Halo 4 offline?
> Campaign?
> This Spartan Ops stuff?
>
>
> Honestly I don’t see why you even play offline unless your internet is down for a while. If you want to kill stuff in MP, play online.

Some people don’t have XBL, until Halo Reach came out I had no XBL either. I just played every campaign over and over again.

> It would allow someone with a piss-poor internet connection to set there own difficulty level and enjoy the MP experience without having to worry about getting repeatedly spawn killed over and over … it would definitely be a good thing.

You don’t get better playing against AI. You get better playing against a real person that is equal or slightly better than you. and If your connection is bad, get a better ISP.

Bots are pretty much FF/Campaign on multiplayer maps, what is the real point?

> > It would allow someone with a piss-poor internet connection to set there own difficulty level and enjoy the MP experience without having to worry about getting repeatedly spawn killed over and over … it would definitely be a good thing.
>
> You don’t get better playing against AI. You get better playing against a real person that is equal or slightly better than you. and If your connection is bad, get a better ISP.
>
> Bots are pretty much FF/Campaign on multiplayer maps, what is the real point?

Everyone should be able to have fun … that’s the point of the thing. And as I said, you can set the difficulty level in Combat Training and trust me … you would have a very hard time beating it on veteran mode.

> > It would allow someone with a piss-poor internet connection to set there own difficulty level and enjoy the MP experience without having to worry about getting repeatedly spawn killed over and over … it would definitely be a good thing.
>
> You don’t get better playing against AI. You get better playing against a real person that is equal or slightly better than you. and If your connection is bad, get a better ISP.
>
> Bots are pretty much FF/Campaign on multiplayer maps, what is the real point?

That couldn’t be any further from the truth. I was talking with this chick at my college the other day who said she tried to play Halo online, but got discouraged real quick because she would get owned every game. I totally understood what she was saying because a person brand new to Halo can’t even go into social without getting totally owned. And campaign simply does not prepare you for matchmaking because it’s not the same maps, not close quarter combat usually, or really nothing like matchmaking at all. This is where multiplayer bots come in.

A player new to the game could do bot customs (on Easy) and get familiar with the matchmaking maps and weapons at their own pace. Not just that, bots in customs is good for people who cannot afford to pay for internet every month (especially good internet), let alone Xbl subscription fees. And lastly, think about all the things you hate about matchmaking: The cheating, deranking, quitters, lag, trash talk/threats, people camping… With Ai bots in customs you don’t have to worry about any of that. You can just play the game and have fun. And unlike Campaign witch gets boring and repetitive, multiplayer bots can be switched up so many ways with changing weapons, maps and other settings, that it will essentially never get tiresome.

343 really made a big mistake not having multiplayer bots (whether it is just for custom games or in matchmaking as well).

> > > It would allow someone with a piss-poor internet connection to set there own difficulty level and enjoy the MP experience without having to worry about getting repeatedly spawn killed over and over … it would definitely be a good thing.
> >
> > You don’t get better playing against AI. You get better playing against a real person that is equal or slightly better than you. and If your connection is bad, get a better ISP.
> >
> > Bots are pretty much FF/Campaign on multiplayer maps, what is the real point?
>
> That couldn’t be any further from the truth. I was talking with this chick at my college the other day who said she tried to play Halo online, but got discouraged real quick because she would get owned every game. I totally understood what she was saying because a person brand new to Halo can’t even go into social without getting totally owned. And campaign simply does not prepare you for matchmaking because it’s not the same maps, not close quarter combat usually, or really nothing like matchmaking at all. This is where multiplayer bots come in.
>
> A player new to the game could do bot customs (on Easy) and get familiar with the matchmaking maps and weapons at their own pace. Not just that, bots in customs is good for people who cannot afford to pay for internet every month (especially good internet), let alone Xbl subscription fees. And lastly, think about all the things you hate about matchmaking: The cheating, deranking, quitters, lag, trash talk/threats, people camping… With Ai bots in customs you don’t have to worry about any of that. You can just play the game and have fun. And unlike Campaign witch gets boring and repetitive, multiplayer bots can be switched up so many ways with changing weapons, maps and other settings, that it will essentially never get tiresome.
>
> 343 really made a big mistake not having multiplayer bots (whether it is just for custom games or in matchmaking as well).

This is well said, good post.

Bummed, but not heart broken. It would have been cool if they were implemented, but I won’t really care that they aren’t.

I won’t have xbox live connection for a while and I don’t want to play campaign all the time what do I do ?

Play black ops
( it has bots)
thank you cod :slight_smile:

They wont be in multiplayer at all. Nit in custom or forge. Not sure why this even matters.