bots and to replace afk and quitting members

so one thing we all hate is when you load into an in progress match where your team is losing horribly. but the system that mcc uses where the game just doesn’t replace the people that left or were booted doesn’t really help either because your numbers are down. so I’m thinking what if infinite were to add bots to fill in the roles of people who left or were booted so the teams can remain even and we’re not thrown into losing games.
I would also recommend the option to join an in progress game via invite from a player still be there and the new player replaces a bot when it dies.

While I wouldn’t mind the inclusion of bots if possible I wouldn’t want to get rid of JIP all together. I would still prefer if human players would join the game and replace the bots whether they are invited via friend or matchmaking brings them to the match.

That sounds like and idea that would be extremely hard to balance and could be ripe for abuse. If the bots could were too tough or too easy compared to human players, it would cause trouble.

I don’t think bots are a good idea, for the reasons given by Chimera30. What I’d like to see though is the matchmaking replacing players that quit in social modes. Of course, both this and bots shouldn’t be even considered for ranked playlists.

No. Leave bots out. Instead they should implement something like titanfall. When you join, it tells you that you are joining a losing match and a lose will not go on your record, but then they should implement something to keep you in the game (for those who obsess over K/D) such as more exp.

> 2533274801155613;5:
> No. Leave bots out. Instead they should implement something like titanfall. When you join, it tells you that you are joining a losing match and a lose will not go on your record, but then they should implement something to keep you in the game (for those who obsess over K/D) such as more exp.

This is probably the best solution I have seen so far.

> 2533274801155613;5:
> No. Leave bots out. Instead they should implement something like titanfall. When you join, it tells you that you are joining a losing match and a lose will not go on your record, but then they should implement something to keep you in the game (for those who obsess over K/D) such as more exp.

Titanfall does give you a reward for staying and contributing to a win. You get the win and the stats you earned. The Titanfall join in progress is the best there is. There is no risk to the player joining, and the team short gets help. I have suggested this for Halo since the first Titanfall dropped, it’s a good no risk and reward system that all team based games should use imo.

leave bots out

I don’t mind the idea of bots in Social playlists. Drop them in at Heroic difficulty. Then, when a new player tries to Join In Progress, they’re put into a waiting room until the next bot dies and replaces it. The hard part would be programming bots to do King of the Hill, Oddball and other Objective playlists.

> 2535426983406173;4:
> I don’t think bots are a good idea, for the reasons given by Chimera30. What I’d like to see though is the matchmaking replacing players that quit in social modes. Of course, both this and bots shouldn’t be even considered for ranked playlists.

I think it could sort of work in arena. If a team mostly quit then the players that are left in-game are punished regardless of if they stay in game or not and would have to deal with being de-ranked, spawn killed and generally not a fun experience with a possibility penalty for quitting.

It really depends on the level of the bot since it seems to work fine in games like Unreal Tournament and well I keep hearing Halo being compared to an arena style of game so in 4 v 4 it might help a bit since without it a game could lead to mostly camping unless a bot helps counters this. Also bots could exist to balance the game so if a game became 2 v 3 then only 1 bot would be needed to fill the slot while 2 v 4 would need either 1-2 bot…varying on difficulty. Though doubt this would as well in modes like BTB since players are probably likely find a way to exploit AI’s patterns to kill them easier.

> 2533274801155613;5:
> No. Leave bots out. Instead they should implement something like titanfall. When you join, it tells you that you are joining a losing match and a lose will not go on your record, but then they should implement something to keep you in the game (for those who obsess over K/D) such as more exp.

Speaking about titan fall I wouldn’t mind a game mode that has NPCs in them (but way better than what they did with warzone). But the bots should be distinguishable from players, if you are come across a player you know that is a player, and a bot, that is a bot. I would like an Invasion mode with Marines/ODST on the Spartan side and Grunts/Jackals on the Elites side.
As for drops, well It would be nice to have some sort of substitute but you can’t force people to play a game they don’t want to even if it is poor sporting on their part.

> 2666640315087182;11:
> > 2533274801155613;5:
> > No. Leave bots out. Instead they should implement something like titanfall. When you join, it tells you that you are joining a losing match and a lose will not go on your record, but then they should implement something to keep you in the game (for those who obsess over K/D) such as more exp.
>
> Speaking about titan fall I wouldn’t mind a game mode that has NPCs in them (but way better than what they did with warzone). But the bots should be distinguishable from players, if you are come across a player you know that is a player, and a bot, that is a bot. I would like an Invasion mode with Marines/ODST on the Spartan side and Grunts/Jackals on the Elites side.
> As for drops, well It would be nice to have some sort of substitute but you can’t force people to play a game they don’t want to even if it is poor sporting on their part.

Just leave bots to a firefight/survival mode. I would love to see a true ODST (or even as a marine) firefight mode where every wave gets increasingly difficult until you die.

I’d be all for a join in progress option in Infinite.

I don’t like bots. I want JIP for all playlists

> 2533274801155613;12:
> > 2666640315087182;11:
> > > 2533274801155613;5:
> > > No. Leave bots out. Instead they should implement something like titanfall. When you join, it tells you that you are joining a losing match and a lose will not go on your record, but then they should implement something to keep you in the game (for those who obsess over K/D) such as more exp.
> >
> > Speaking about titan fall I wouldn’t mind a game mode that has NPCs in them (but way better than what they did with warzone). But the bots should be distinguishable from players, if you are come across a player you know that is a player, and a bot, that is a bot. I would like an Invasion mode with Marines/ODST on the Spartan side and Grunts/Jackals on the Elites side.
> > As for drops, well It would be nice to have some sort of substitute but you can’t force people to play a game they don’t want to even if it is poor sporting on their part.
>
> Just leave bots to a firefight/survival mode. I would love to see a true ODST (or even as a marine) firefight mode where every wave gets increasingly difficult until you die.

So Halo Anniversary edition had a firefight mode with ODST allies, and you could put in playable elites as an Opfor in firefight. This was when I find out that ODSTs were immune to assassinations sadly. Still a counter-op game mode does have some compelling game play and moments.

> 2666640315087182;15:
> > 2533274801155613;12:
> > > 2666640315087182;11:
> > > > 2533274801155613;5:
> > > > No. Leave bots out. Instead they should implement something like titanfall. When you join, it tells you that you are joining a losing match and a lose will not go on your record, but then they should implement something to keep you in the game (for those who obsess over K/D) such as more exp.
> > >
> > > Speaking about titan fall I wouldn’t mind a game mode that has NPCs in them (but way better than what they did with warzone). But the bots should be distinguishable from players, if you are come across a player you know that is a player, and a bot, that is a bot. I would like an Invasion mode with Marines/ODST on the Spartan side and Grunts/Jackals on the Elites side.
> > > As for drops, well It would be nice to have some sort of substitute but you can’t force people to play a game they don’t want to even if it is poor sporting on their part.
> >
> > Just leave bots to a firefight/survival mode. I would love to see a true ODST (or even as a marine) firefight mode where every wave gets increasingly difficult until you die.
>
> So Halo Anniversary edition had a firefight mode with ODST allies, and you could put in playable elites as an Opfor in firefight. This was when I find out that ODSTs were immune to assassinations sadly. Still a counter-op game mode does have some compelling game play and moments.

I forgot about them. Not sure my feelings on that. I would prefer just fighting alone.

> 2533274801155613;16:
> > 2666640315087182;15:
> > > 2533274801155613;12:
> > > > 2666640315087182;11:
> > > > > 2533274801155613;5:
> > > > > No. Leave bots out. Instead they should implement something like titanfall. When you join, it tells you that you are joining a losing match and a lose will not go on your record, but then they should implement something to keep you in the game (for those who obsess over K/D) such as more exp.
> > > >
> > > > Speaking about titan fall I wouldn’t mind a game mode that has NPCs in them (but way better than what they did with warzone). But the bots should be distinguishable from players, if you are come across a player you know that is a player, and a bot, that is a bot. I would like an Invasion mode with Marines/ODST on the Spartan side and Grunts/Jackals on the Elites side.
> > > > As for drops, well It would be nice to have some sort of substitute but you can’t force people to play a game they don’t want to even if it is poor sporting on their part.
> > >
> > > Just leave bots to a firefight/survival mode. I would love to see a true ODST (or even as a marine) firefight mode where every wave gets increasingly difficult until you die.
> >
> > So Halo Anniversary edition had a firefight mode with ODST allies, and you could put in playable elites as an Opfor in firefight. This was when I find out that ODSTs were immune to assassinations sadly. Still a counter-op game mode does have some compelling game play and moments.
>
> I forgot about them. Not sure my feelings on that. I would prefer just fighting alone.

Well one of the things I liked about Halo was the AI, and that was the friendly AI and not just how the enemy knows to outsmart you. It did make you feel like a part of a living breathing world. I think Bungie did nail down the balance between having assistants and not making a game that plays itself. Even though I know there was quite a number of players that just looked at them as spare weapons and ammo.
But I remember one of the catchlines that was said when designing multiplayer maps is that they wanted to capture the feeling of the campaign in multiplayer (which is why some campaign levels were designed to be multiplayer levels and reused as such. Of course the one key element in that aspect was that there was no NPCs which were a major part of the campaign story. Now sure it shouldn’t be a part of every game mode and in firefight you should have the option to turn allies off.

There is still the other side of the coin, if it is possible to play against UNSC then the UNSC faction NPCs should be designed to be just as compelling to fight against just like the Covenant or the Flood. Right now I will admit the human NPCs would make for boring enemies (worse than the prometheans). Heck you can’t even assassinate an ODST. So if that aspect cannot be added and improved upon then yeah it would be better to leave them out.

I’m kinda conflicted…

On one hand, I support Bot inclusion in form of Offline Multiplayer Bots.

On the other hand, I’m used to that situation.

It sucks, but the match is still ongoing and will try my best.

However, I do agree that an innovation to the Halo multiplayer would be nice where the system would grab Queued players and let them join existing matches.
It would cut down search time and keep things moving w/o feeling a little “spacey” in the PlayerList.

TOTALLY a different kind of game with a different play style but,
My experience with bots in CS:GO Comp. is less than alright,
and I feel like the inclusion of Online Multiplayer bots to multiplayer might lead to unseen abuses.