Both Battle Rifle AND DMR confirmed to be in Halo 4

So, the DMR has just been confirmed to be in Halo 4.

I think this is very interesting. I’m excited to see how 343 make these weapons different from each other, as they both pretty much served the same roles and they both look very similar.

My guess is that the DMR’s going to be longer range than the Battle Rifle, so it’s sort of the gun inbetween the BR and the Sniper.

Makes me wonder if they’re going to have the Needle Rifle and the Carbine in the game too.

Source

Also, makes me wonder how it’s going to fit into the story. The Battle Rifle is used by Marines, while the DMR is used by the Army (well, in 2552 they are at least). Either the Army are in the game OR there’s a group of Marines that haven’t been resupplied in a while (maybe they’ve been trapped on this shield world for a long time?) and they’re still using the older DMR.

Go right to the 343 post:
http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm748546_March-343-Sparkast-up.aspx#post748546

DMR clans vs Br clans in Halo 4. lolz.

BR vs DMR battles = Epic

I dont like that idea… a little bit strange

THis is great, DMR without bloom is beastly

my guess is rather than 2 utilities:

DMR will be: 5 shots, no bloom, precise crosshairs, and 2.0 sec kill time, long range
BR will be: 4 shots, larger crosshairs, and 2.0 sec kill time

Hmmm, not too happy about that, only time will tell how it works and if it’s balanced, i dislike the DMR for several reason’s, even ZB since it largely restricts map movement even more than bloom DMR.

The BR with it’s spread encouraged you to get closer and promoted map movement. Guess i’ll have to wait and see.

> Hmmm, not too happy about that, only time will tell how it works and if it’s balanced, i dislike the DMR for several reason’s, even ZB since it largely restricts map movement even more than bloom DMR.
>
> The BR with it’s spread encouraged you to get closer and promoted map movement. Guess i’ll have to wait and see.

jaw on floor.

you like spread?

> Hmmm, not too happy about that, only time will tell how it works and if it’s balanced, i dislike the DMR for several reason’s, even ZB since it largely restricts map movement even more than bloom DMR.
>
> The BR with it’s spread encouraged you to get closer and promoted map movement. Guess i’ll have to wait and see.

yyep same for me here

Well, if 343 is replacing bloom with recoil, this could work. The DMR will pretty much be Carbine in Halo 3.

… but does this mean that there will be no Carbine or Needle Rifle? Lame.

it is gonna be sick having them both in a game (just hope one of them isn’t to overpowered(however the br would likely be a bit stronger if you get all three bullets hit))

dmr bullet= two br bullets

br shoots 3 bullets so a direct hit would be like shooting one and a half dmr bullets.

HA! I knew it, this is great.

It looks like custom load outs will work just like I thought too.

Man this is seems awesome!!! I think the BR will be superior just because the bloom will slow down the DMR user (if there is bloom on the DMR) If not then DMR will be slightly better if you don’t miss. Just like in Halo 3 and 2 how the carbine is weaker but because it can shoot faster it beats the BR, as long as you don’t miss. Can’t wait to see how it pans out :slight_smile:

Man, this could make for some really interesting SWAT gametypes. Think about it. Red team gets BRs while Blue team gets DMRs. I think that’d be pretty boss.

they could have all four or more persision rifles…
specials
needler rifle= a little less power but if you hit another bullet that has already hit the guy or three shots to the body or however it goes u get the combustion

carbine= single shot but you can shoot numerous shots quickly

br= three shot burst (alone not very effective but together very effective)

dmr= a little slower but is the most powerful of itself and the 3 above.

new forerunner persision rifle (or whoever the new enemy is)= somthing new that 343 can come up with.

they can all be in one game:D

this is for Black Zethyr

> > Hmmm, not too happy about that, only time will tell how it works and if it’s balanced, i dislike the DMR for several reason’s, even ZB since it largely restricts map movement even more than bloom DMR.
> >
> > The BR with it’s spread encouraged you to get closer and promoted map movement. Guess i’ll have to wait and see.
>
> jaw on floor.
>
> you like spread?

Of course, because it promote’s map movement unlike the DMR which severely restrict’s it due to how easy it is to kill someone at long distance’s, the DMR is effectively a ‘mini-sniper’.

Also another worry is this may possibly mean large hitboxes like Reach to make the DMR easy to use like it already is. I fear the skill gap may not be as good as it was pre-Reach.

Why? They are both rifles used for aiming. This is a little weird for me.

So how long until people start -Yoinking!- about it and making threads? /\ I see it’s already started.

also bubble shields were confirmed to not be in the game…js :smiley:

and the DMR is going to work with the BR and AR… my custom loadout theory was that youd be able to choose from one of the 3 guns in the beggining of each match, but they were all equal in strength. it would be balanced and people would be more comfortable with their preference