Bot Backfill changed to ODST?

Why not just change the difficulty to Spartan? The ODST bots are still gonna get trounced; even when the game was brand new during the previews, people annihilated the ODST bots every time. Even with the Spartan bots I never lost a game; @343 what makes you think that ODST level bots are gonna hold their own against realy players if even the Spartan difficulty bots can’t? Please just make them the hardest difficulty now so we can avoid another two months of losing games due to bot deaths until it finally gets changed.

1 Like

Because Spartan bots are better then half the playerbase, so it would completely ruin most matches? Those bots are not supposed to make your team stronger.

3 Likes

Just have to wait and see I guess…

1 Like

most games the bots go 2-10, 3-7, 0-5. For all the bragging they did about bots they sure put them to waste even though higher ranked bot AI is good

2 Likes

Yeah, the stupid bots are worse than having no teammate. I definitely think the bots need to be at ODST level, if not SPRTN level.

1 Like

I haven’t really played against Spartan bots in anything but Tactical Slayer custom games, but I think they ended up having twice my team’s score.
If they’re that good in other modes, I think it’d be too unbalanced.

Really though, they should try to improve the bots and add a system that decides which level bots to add per player skill.

3 Likes

I appreciate the change, and I look forward to seeing how it plays out. I’ll give it some time before I decide it wasn’t far enough.

1 Like

Apparently, as of today (or yesterday?) The bots are at ODST difficulty. I haven’t played with any yet, so not sure if it’s much better or not.

1 Like

Spartan bots are broken and would be better than most of the random people in matchmaking. They can laser people across Aquarius with an AR.

1 Like

And odst bots still go 1-12 even against mediocre players

Easy there butter balls

343 still need to finish and fix the game before going crazy with that kind of update.

2 Likes

The ODST bot will perform better. Not as good as a real player, but better the MARN level bot.

1 Like

Honestly, bot backfill should be based on the MMR of the person they are filling for.

1 Like

Doing a dynamic backfill based on MMR of the leaver would of course be best. But given that many people said to please “bump them at least to ODST” I think it’s a good start. And if the feedback and data shows it’s still not enough they might want to bump it further.

Another thing might be how to handle backfill based on mode. It’s not in ranked for obvious reasons. Kill based modes (Slayer, Attrition) also are an issue. In objective modes I think the bots provide more utility than being a man down.

I think Bots are disproportionately better in Tactical Slayer than most playlists. For the same reason a bot with a sentinel beam or pulse carbine will be better than almost any player with them. It’s just the nature of how they work. I’d try them in a different playlist and see how you fair at some point.

That said, I’m not advocating for Spartan level in other playlists. I think ODST would be a good middle ground between what we have now (worse than being down a player) and Spartan level.

1 Like

Well if you setup a custom game with bots with map Highpower and Mode BTB:CTF the Cobra Bots are really stupid! Bot level ODST. Example:

The Cobra Team will grab the flag take it to their base and won’t cap the flag :rofl: All the Cobra team does is run around their base with the flag and not cap the flag :rofl:

Bot+Pulse Carbine = you run or die.

1 Like

The bots are just teasing you there :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

343 could simple check the hidden skill of tge player left and placed a bot accordingly. But this is probably too much to ask for a mediocre dev team…

1 Like

How about Bots fill in everytime you’re short. I had to suffer through a 2v4 Slayer match last night. No fun.

1 Like