boss fights

Does anyone else want a boss fight like the one in halo 2 against that big brute dude with the magic stick. As far as i can remember there wasn’t any boss fights in 3 or reach correct me if i’m wrong. :slight_smile:

Not sure if you’re trolling…but I’ll play along.

I didn’t mind the boss fights in Halo 2, although they were a bit too easy, if they were tweaked a bit in Halo 4 to make them more involving I would be down.

My Halo 2 used to be glitched, so at Tartarus (the big brute dude) Johnson would only shoot 2 Beam Rifle shots instead of 3, meaning I had to get the last shot to his shields in before I could attack him. Made it MUCH more difficult and I remember running out of Beam Rifle ammo and having to use the Carbine to lower his shield at one point. Actually made it more entertaining and nerve wracking, although the Banshee glitch made the Brutes a lot easier to deal with.

Hopefully if Halo 4 has boss fights, they will be entertaining ones and not pseudo-boss battles where it’s just a lot of Elites coming from a Drop Ship or something. That doesn’t count…

and if there are boss elites i dont wanna be able to assasinate them, taking out generals and elites like that when they had full sheilds just by assassination was a bit easy

Halo 3 had Scarabs and kinda Guilty Spark.

I miss boarding Scarabs and ripping them a new one :frowning:

Fighting scarabs is one of the best campaign fights ever. I hope giant vehicles like them return.

List of boss fights seen through out Halo

CE(A)
-none

-Heretic Leader
-Tarturus

-343 Guilty Spark

Wars
-Super Scarab

Reach
-Zealots

these are all the ones I can think of, and Im pretty sure thats all of them. I might be missing some… If i am, feel free to quote me and tell me what im missing.

I hope Halo 4 has some too

> Halo 3 had Scarabs and kinda Guilty Spark.
>
> I miss boarding Scarabs and ripping them a new one :frowning:

yea…those were nice…less hard than the brute “tauturus” but difficult to fight… :slight_smile:

> > Halo 3 had Scarabs and kinda Guilty Spark.
> >
> > I miss boarding Scarabs and ripping them a new one :frowning:
>
> yea…those were nice…less hard than the brute “tauturus” but difficult to fight… :slight_smile:

I wouldnt really concider them Bosses, since they were fought multiple times through out the game.

Reach
-Zealots

• Feild Marshall

[/quote]

> > > Halo 3 had Scarabs and kinda Guilty Spark.
> > >
> > > I miss boarding Scarabs and ripping them a new one :frowning:
> >
> > yea…those were nice…less hard than the brute “tauturus” but difficult to fight… :slight_smile:
>
> I wouldnt really concider them Bosses, since they were fought multiple times through out the game.

how bout the heritic?

> > > > Halo 3 had Scarabs and kinda Guilty Spark.
> > > >
> > > > I miss boarding Scarabs and ripping them a new one :frowning:
> > >
> > > yea…those were nice…less hard than the brute “tauturus” but difficult to fight… :slight_smile:
> >
> > I wouldnt really concider them Bosses, since they were fought multiple times through out the game.
>
> how bout the heritic?

already mentioned in my list above

> Reach
> -Zealots
>
> + Feild Marshall

[/quote]
Field Marchalls were just Higher Ranked Zealots, and you fought them along with the Zealots in the last level

Yes boss battles should return, always fun.

Sure, I’d like boss battles to return.

(ignore)

> List of boss fights seen through out Halo
>
> CE(A)
> -none
>
> 2
> -Heretic Leader
> -Tarturus
> -Regret
>
> 3
> -Cortana (level):
>
> > You fought the Gravemind when you rescued Cortana. It is implied that High Charity and the Gravemind are one in the same. He was on it at the end of Halo 2 and the infection sort of grew from him until he and HC were actually one thing. Then, he was trying to detatch and regrow on the Halo. You never actually see him at the core though you are correct. A boss battle on Halo wouldn’t have been that great with Gravemind in a diminished capacity, weakened by the crash and the core overload the mostly destroyed him. Also, it’s a hivemind sort of thing so any flood form could really evolve into the gravemind sort of like a bee colony when there is only one Queen and a new one is born only when the old one dies. [Jason Keith, “DoubleBlog,” 2old2play.com]
>
> -343 Guilty Spark
>
> Wars
> -Super Scarab
>
> Reach
> -Zealots
>
>
>
> these are all the ones I can think of, and Im pretty sure thats all of them. I might be missing some… If i am, feel free to quote me and tell me what im missing.
>
>
>
> I hope Halo 4 has some too

Fixed that for you.

I was tempted to add to CE’s list… I’ll just list what I consider to be CE boss battles here:

-T&R Hunter pairs, especially the one at the grav lift
-T&R shipmaster could have been a potential boss
-SC security guard Goldie
-plasma rifle Goldies, especially the first one on AotCR
-bridge Goldie on Two Betrayals. It’s nearly impossible to bypass him since he focuses on you

Imo, a boss battle can be the culmination of an intense battle and/or an extremely persistent enemy. I do not measure them by difficulty but by how interesting they are to fight. Susceptibility to common means of death is especially satisfying.