Boss fight

Well with squad play in the mix do you think Halo 5s last mission be a boss fight or vehicle escape? Playing MCC is drawing up alot of questions about potential Gameplay

Hopefully a boss fight

It will be a Quick Time Event, just like in Halo 4. But a lot more easy and it will include Chief dying for being hit by a Ghost.

Just a silly joke

I wouldn’t care if they just copied the Halo 3 ending

I would love a proper boss battle in Halo. The only Halo game with a boss battle was Halo 2, and I still don’t understand it to this day. 90% of the time I couldn’t hit Tartarus because he was invincible, and then at one point I stabbed him with an energy sword and he instantly died.

> 2533274859436467;1:
> Well with squad play in the mix do you think Halo 5s last mission be a boss fight or vehicle escape? Playing MCC is drawing up alot of questions about potential Gameplay

What if its both a Boss fight and vehicle escape you beat the boss then have to escape the area before everything blows up.

> 2533274939958452;5:
> I would love a proper boss battle in Halo. The only Halo game with a boss battle was Halo 2, and I still don’t understand it to this day. 90% of the time I couldn’t hit Tartarus because he was invincible, and then at one point I stabbed him with an energy sword and he instantly died.

Played the Tartus last night had no idea how I ended up killing 'em :slight_smile: The guy shoots and diminishes the shield and then you take him down when it’s called out by other character in game… I thought I would never get past it :slight_smile:

It looks like there’s a boss fight against the warden eternal, based on the launch trailer

Tartarus may be one of the worst boss fights ever but it has great nostalgic memories so no one complains lol

> 2533274859436467;1:
> Well with squad play in the mix do you think Halo 5s last mission be a boss fight or vehicle escape? Playing MCC is drawing up alot of questions about potential Gameplay

I hope it’s a vehicle escape. Those were always my favorite and I loved racing friends and trying to screw them over. Hours of entertainment.

Proper boss battle against rampant ghost cortana

> 2533274939958452;5:
> I would love a proper boss battle in Halo. The only Halo game with a boss battle was Halo 2, and I still don’t understand it to this day. 90% of the time I couldn’t hit Tartarus because he was invincible, and then at one point I stabbed him with an energy sword and he instantly died.

I replayed H2A on legendary with a friend and we fought Tartersauce for half an hour (without dying) before it clicked in my head that the energy sword was probably supposed to be the only way to finish him off, and it turned out that I was totally right and we felt like such tools afterwards. The entire time I was too scared to get close with the energy sword since it was legendary and focused on sniping/running from the giant ape with a giant hammer. Though running from a giant invincible ape called tartersauce on legendary was a thrillride so it was still a ton of fun lol.

If we have a damn boss battle it better not be a -Yoink- buttonpress/quicktime event, H4 left a sour taste in my mouth after all the built-up and hype for a boss fight like H2 (but better). And it just being like: Walks up, gets thrown down, runs for bomb, gets force choked, Cortana saves your sorry -Yoink-, run up to Didact and the prompt “click RT to fire rifle” pops up-

Wait what? (Clicks RT) (Gets slapped into abyss and dies) Literally how the game went for me when I replayed H4 yesterday. -Yoink- 343I trolling me like that Lol. I play MCC on Recon controls so I think it was a really dumb bug involving that. Anyways latch a grenade into his armor and bam, dead. End of H4. Wave of disappointment hits all while trying to watch the cutscene afterwards.

Imagine a boss fight of Blue vs Osiris and that the “was it worth it” and “all hail” commercials were their respective victory videos. They’d have to be interrupted by something in order to make sure that neither choice has any real ramifications, but it’d be a nice touch.

If it’s another QTE, I’m going on a roadtrip to 343’s headquarters to take a dump in their office lobby.

I still understand QTE and why it works. That final mission to get to the didact has you so drained that an equal challenge at the point is too frying, not to mention chief can’t beat Didact 1on1. So its basically a cutscene but still requires player involvement

> 2533274798759716;7:
> > 2533274939958452;5:
> > I would love a proper boss battle in Halo. The only Halo game with a boss battle was Halo 2, and I still don’t understand it to this day. 90% of the time I couldn’t hit Tartarus because he was invincible, and then at one point I stabbed him with an energy sword and he instantly died.
>
>
> Played the Tartus last night had no idea how I ended up killing 'em :slight_smile: The guy shoots and diminishes the shield and then you take him down when it’s called out by other character in game… I thought I would never get past it :slight_smile:

Took me hours to kill him on legendary. It sucks, as does Johnson for not shooting him more often

I would like to see a mix of the two. Perhaps you’re driving a warthog towards a certain point, but on your way you must kill the Warden Eternal.

> 2533275007059966;15:
> > 2533274798759716;7:
> > > 2533274939958452;5:
> > > I would love a proper boss battle in Halo. The only Halo game with a boss battle was Halo 2, and I still don’t understand it to this day. 90% of the time I couldn’t hit Tartarus because he was invincible, and then at one point I stabbed him with an energy sword and he instantly died.
> >
> >
> > Played the Tartus last night had no idea how I ended up killing 'em :slight_smile: The guy shoots and diminishes the shield and then you take him down when it’s called out by other character in game… I thought I would never get past it :slight_smile:
>
>
> Took me hours to kill him on legendary. It sucks, as does Johnson for not shooting him more often

Me and my friend are just starting the Halo 2 campaign for the Legend achievement. Already done three and one and I’ll be honest, some of the missions on Halo 2 make Halo CE on legendary look like a walk in the park.

I think boss fights are nice, but if you are going to have them make them hard as hell

I’d like a boss fight as well.

I seriously hope it’s not a quick event like in Halo 4. That was beyond disappointing, the whole game has been leading to this confrontation between Master Chief and the Didact, and instead of creating a satisfactory way to deal with the villain, you only get to place a grenade on his armor and watch him fall.

I’d like a warthog run for the Master Chiefs last mission and then a boss fight for Osiris’ last mission.

The Squad Mechanics are too good to pass up fighting a boss fight with spawning mobs. Which I can see there being a Promethean boss fight with perhaps the Warden Eternal.