Boss fight or warthog run in Halo Infinite?

Halo CE and 3 had a warthog run. Halo 2 and 5 had boss fights.

Whatever the ending gameplay to Halo Infinite may be, would you guys prefer having an exciting warthog run on the last mission (example the Halo blows up) or fight a complex boss that ends the game ( example fighting Cortana… or muahaha the Warden again)

It could be like Halo 3 with a “boss fight” with 343 Guilty Spark and with a Warthog run.

How about a mantis sprint?

How about a boss run?

How about we chase down a boss in the middle of a large scale battle.

I think they’ll save themselves the trouble of being too creative and/or alienating Halo 1-3 fans by just copying the ending of Halo 3. Others have noted the parallels in Cortana’s arc with 343 guilty spark’s and I think they’ll mirror the ending with fighting the evil Cortana and her warden followed by the new AI or Cortana shard helping to destroy whatever installation evil Cortana has rigged to destroy organic life and then warthog out to the Infinifty for extraction.

How about both?

Aw man you’re making us choose? I guess if the boss fight is well done I would choose that, it has to be really engaging though, not like a H2/H5 boss fight. If not, then I want a warthog run, those are always fun.

Boss fight

how about a warthog race against the boss? maybe it can then tie into fast and furios infinite? :wink:

> 2535419166122192;1:
> Halo CE and 3 had a warthog run. Halo 2 and 5 had boss fights.

ODST, Reach, and 4 had none of those (unless you count the ODST vehicle section in the final mission as a “warthog run” or the quicktime event in 4 as a boss fight) and had satisfying endings. It’s unlikely they will have a Reach style ending…they’re not gonna kill off Chief…yet. Halo 5 also didn’t have a boss fight in the final mission, just in 4 other missions in the game…

But between those two options you gave…warthog run. It’s a hard choice, they could do both a la Halo 3, but if it is one I’d choose warthog run.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: Boss fights do not belong in Halo. One of the biggest downfalls of Halo 2’s campaign is that they introduced “boss fights,” which were no more than tedious encounters that kept you trapped in a room just shooting at enemies over and over. What made them boring is that there was really nothing special about the way you had to defeat them, just point, shoot, hope you don’t die, and repeat. A proper boss fight would require the player to actually be creative and use critical thinking in order to defeat them. That can’t be said about the Prophet boss fight, where all you gotta do is jump toward his chair and then press B over and over.

Examples of good boss fights:

Metroid Prime- Each boss is unique in his or her own way and that requires the player to approach each boss in a different way. The first boss is plain and simple: shoot the Parasite Queen as she’s unveiled from the shields. Later on they get more and more complicated, and each major boss has an ability that can only be countered through a new power up or weapon you find in that boss’s dungeon and/section. One of the bosses even requires you to use Thermal VIsion in order to see it’s vulnerable parts.

Legend of Zelda, any installation- Pretty much the same concept as Metroid: each Boss has his or her own unique abilities and sometimes you are basically going to die 5 or 6 times before you figure out how to properly fight him or her. Even twenty years later, I can still remember almost all the bosses in Ocarina of Time because they were so unique, creative, and difficult.

Mercenaries Playground of Destruction: What this game did so well with the “boss fights” is that they made a really big deal about even getting the opportunity to fight them. The game had its way of making you feel worthy of even going on the special mission to go capture or kill one of the 4 main “Deck of 52” personnel. Each Ace mission would take almost up to an hour to complete, and by the end you actually felt like you accomplished something by finally capturing or killing the man or woman you were chasing. Oh boy oh boy, the final mission and final boss? Epic. Super epic.

If Halo is not able to use a proper formula to implement bosses in the campaign, then they just need to stick to the style of Halo: CE and design levels that don’t need bosses. Shooting Warden Eternal a million times and shooting a jet packing and teleporting elite is not fun. It’s just a waste of time and just looks and feels pathetic in comparison to good boss fights from other games.

> 2535441777257585;12:
> I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: Boss fights do not belong in Halo. One of the biggest downfalls of Halo 2’s campaign is that they introduced “boss fights,” which were no more than tedious encounters that kept you trapped in a room just shooting at enemies over and over. What made them boring is that there was really nothing special about the way you had to defeat them, just point, shoot, hope you don’t die, and repeat. A proper boss fight would require the player to actually be creative and use critical thinking in order to defeat them. That can’t be said about the Prophet boss fight, where all you gotta do is jump toward his chair and then press B over and over.
>
> Examples of good boss fights:
>
> Metroid Prime- Each boss is unique in his or her own way and that requires the player to approach each boss in a different way. The first boss is plain and simple: shoot the Parasite Queen as she’s unveiled from the shields. Later on they get more and more complicated, and each major boss has an ability that can only be countered through a new power up or weapon you find in that boss’s dungeon and/section. One of the bosses even requires you to use Thermal VIsion in order to see it’s vulnerable parts.
>
> Legend of Zelda, any installation- Pretty much the same concept as Metroid: each Boss has his or her own unique abilities and sometimes you are basically going to die 5 or 6 times before you figure out how to properly fight him or her. Even twenty years later, I can still remember almost all the bosses in Ocarina of Time because they were so unique, creative, and difficult.
>
> Mercenaries Playground of Destruction: What this game did so well with the “boss fights” is that they made a really big deal about even getting the opportunity to fight them. The game had its way of making you feel worthy of even going on the special mission to go capture or kill one of the 4 main “Deck of 52” personnel. Each Ace mission would take almost up to an hour to complete, and by the end you actually felt like you accomplished something by finally capturing or killing the man or woman you were chasing. Oh boy oh boy, the final mission and final boss? Epic. Super epic.
>
> If Halo is not able to use a proper formula to implement bosses in the campaign, then they just need to stick to the style of Halo: CE and design levels that don’t need bosses. Shooting Warden Eternal a million times and shooting a jet packing and teleporting elite is not fun. It’s just a waste of time and just looks and feels pathetic in comparison to good boss fights from other games.

Boss fights dont neccecary have to be a one on one against the enemy. Like Playstation 2 Jak and Daxter, many of their fights werenʻt a 1 on 1. But like a wait timer of shooting some sort of structure at them. There are many unique ways ti implement boss fights. As long as its not Destinyʻs boss fights.

I get why you couldn’t do this in a chief centric game, but my favorite ending was just lasting as long as you could in Reach. Not my favorite game but definitely my favorite ending

I have to say that one of my favorite aspects of halo 2’s game play that no other halo game did was actual boss fights and not quick time events with the Didact in halo 4 or whatever the fight with 343 guilty spark was. I think it is a concept that could work and has worked in the past and it would be interesting if they experimented with it. But don’t repeat a boss like the Warden, just to keep things interesting.

Warthog run to a boss fight.

If I have to choose, then a warthog run. If 343 is trying to make this game ce-esque, then that would be a great way to do it. But I might be biased because the boss fights in H5 were too repetitive. H2 had a great boss fight imo, so if they do it like that, then I wouldn’t mind a boss fight. As has been said before, why not both? Heck, H3 had multiple mini boss fights:

• The Storm - Scarab fight - The Ark - Scarab and then a Chieftain fight (if you approach the Chieftain immediately, he challenges you to a one on one fight while the pack watches) - The Covenant - double Scarab fight - Halo - 343 Guilty Spark fightThese may not all qualify as “boss fights” in the strictest sense, but they felt challenging enough to me to qualify. And then the game ended with a hog run, so we know these two can coexist in a single game

> 2535435902217648;17:
> If I have to choose, then a warthog run. If 343 is trying to make this game ce-esque, then that would be a great way to do it. But I might be biased because the boss fights in H5 were too repetitive. H2 had a great boss fight imo, so if they do it like that, then I wouldn’t mind a boss fight. As has been said before, why not both? Heck, H3 had multiple mini boss fights:
> - The Storm - Scarab fight - The Ark - Scarab and then a Chieftain fight (if you approach the Chieftain immediately, he challenges you to a one on one fight while the pack watches) - The Covenant - double Scarab fight - Halo - 343 Guilty Spark fightThese may not all qualify as “boss fights” in the strictest sense, but they felt challenging enough to me to qualify. And then the game ended with a hog run, so we know these two can coexist in a single game

I donʻt really call the Scarab fight and the chieftain boss fights. The Scarab fight was more of a challenge or obstacle to defeat to continue the mission. Its like calling the Scarab in Halo 2 a boss fight or the Kraken in Halo 5 a boss fight.

The Chieftain was a scripted moment there. Just a duel against a scripted AI. If that was a boss fight, All other Chieftain moments would be a boss fight in that game.

343 Guilty spark can be a boss fight since its part of the story and an must to defeat to continue. But its not the boss fight I am hoping for if there is one in Halo Infinite.