Booted from the game counting as "quitting"

As the title suggests, I have been lagged out of the game and it’s classed as “quitting” and now I have a 10 minute ban. This would be nice if it was a first but I just came off a ban and I never quit out of this game.

The previous “boot” was in Anniversary BTB on Headlong. A player betrayed my team mate for the sniper (He never got the “boot” option. And betraying for weapons is kind of thing which is wrong with Halo). So I killed him and gave him the immediate boot option and he booted me.

Forget title updates. Bring back Vanilla Reach in ALL playlists and fix this asap!

(EDIT: Rather then re-posting. I want to add that giving every player free Recon is the epiphany on which is wrong with 343i. Players that haven’t even touched Halo 1, 2 or even 3’s campaign and started playing Reach is getting Recon. Are you kidding me? No vidmasters chalenge? No campaign completion for any game at all? Just have a Reach account and you can get Recon? ¬_¬

It’s the biggest kick in the teeth you could do to the ACTUAL loyal fans.)

You had a pretty well-rounded post going, until you threw in that last bit abut TU vs. Vanilla.

OT: If they don’t count it as quitting, then anyone who wants to quit and avoid the quit ban can just betray a teammate and get booted. You’d see betrayals skyrocket if this were implemented, as it’d be a new way to quit without getting a ban.

There is alot of things wrong about the TU. 343i think they fixed the game just because of a few settings changed. Yet gameplay is worse then before.

Small children (Or COD players) complained that they didn’t like bloom… a controller to stop people spamming shots. Removed to aid the limited.
They claimed to have fixed the problem with Armour Lock. It’s over powered properties were only OVER powered because you could look around the entire map and look behind walls, or whichever way the third-person cam was facing, you would immediately face that way once you came out of AL. The whole fun with AL was the rejection of Plasma Grenades.
Active Camo rewards camping and punishes the people who like to run with it.

Vanilla is better. By far.

But back to the whole booting thing. The option to boot should come up straight away. The system is clearly rewarding wrong people. Having betrayed, that guy in my game should have a +1 for death by any means (weather by Friend or Foe) and be allowed.

And surely the system is clever enough to determine what being lagged out and what actual quitting is? :confused:

What about accidental betrayals? I once betrayed someone because I got ejected off my mongoose by a grenade and the 'goose landed on my teammate. How do you argue that as being intentional? How about this - if you betray somebody 3 times in the same match you’re automatically booted.

Same thing happened to me recently. Accidental betrayal. I was going after the tank on the new BTB heavies map “Typhoon” and I had already fired the banshee bomb as my team-mate boarded it and I betrayed him… got booted immediately.

The problem is now a players misinterpretation of what a accident is. And not being immature and booting JUST because the option is available.

> There is alot of things wrong about the TU. 343i think they fixed the game just because of a few settings changed. Yet gameplay is worse then before.
>
> Small children (Or COD players) complained that they didn’t like bloom… a controller to stop people spamming shots. Removed to aid the limited.
> They claimed to have fixed the problem with Armour Lock. It’s over powered properties were only OVER powered because you could look around the entire map and look behind walls, or whichever way the third-person cam was facing, you would immediately face that way once you came out of AL. The whole fun with AL was the rejection of Plasma Grenades.
> Active Camo rewards camping and punishes the people who like to run with it.
>
> Vanilla is better. By far.
>
> But back to the whole booting thing. The option to boot should come up straight away. The system is clearly rewarding wrong people. Having betrayed, that guy in my game should have a +1 for death by any means (weather by Friend or Foe) and be allowed.
>
> <mark>And surely the system is clever enough to determine what being lagged out and what actual quitting is? :/</mark>

Actually, it intentionally bans you for quitting, being booted, lagging out and anything else, when you do any of the above, you are crippling your team mates, making them possibly lose the match in your absence.