Boosting?

Hi guys, i was playing a death match game the other day and was up against some extreme pros and it seemed to me whenever they would retreat to heal up, (they were both using Captain Cutter) i’d hear mac blasts going off, and then their Spartan scorpians would come back with more stars even though all rebels were killed, so i was wondering if players can hurt their allies units, allow them to survive and rank up. Any info would be appreciated guys, thanks!

That’s odd. Are you sure it’s not because they were killing your units? I don’t see how mac blasting would increase veterancy.

At first i thought that, but then i started pressing on their units as they disappeared into the fog of war (for example it saying level 7) and it would come back level 8. I only thought they were MAC-ing themselvse because the MAC blast has quite a distinct explosion sound

> Hi guys, i was playing a death match game the other day and was up against some extreme pros and it seemed to me whenever they would retreat to heal up, (they were both using Captain Cutter) i’d hear mac blasts going off, and then their Spartan scorpians would come back with more stars even though all rebels were killed, so i was wondering if players can hurt their allies units, allow them to survive and rank up. Any info would be appreciated guys, thanks!

There is no way for them to have gained stars given your explanation. Stars are ONLY obtained by killing enemy units and structures.

Each unit has a bounty, or an amount they are worth when killed. Each unit also has 3 levels of bounty at which they will gain stars, hence 3 stars being the max. Bounty is split between units based on the damage they did to the unit killed.

They could have been taking over rebel bases.

> They could have been taking over rebel bases.

He mentions in the OP that all the rebels were dead already. Usually the case in the deathmatch, there isnt a neutral base open after 1.5-2 minutes.

> > Hi guys, i was playing a death match game the other day and was up against some extreme pros and it seemed to me whenever they would retreat to heal up, (they were both using Captain Cutter) i’d hear mac blasts going off, and then their Spartan scorpians would come back with more stars even though all rebels were killed, so i was wondering if players can hurt their allies units, allow them to survive and rank up. Any info would be appreciated guys, thanks!
>
> There is no way for them to have gained stars given your explanation. Stars are ONLY obtained by killing enemy units and structures.
>
> Each unit has a bounty, or an amount they are worth when killed. Each unit also has 3 levels of bounty at which they will gain stars, hence 3 stars being the max. Bounty is split between units based on the damage they did to the unit killed.

You’re assuming they’re fully researched. Stars can also be gained through research if they are spartan tanks, which is probably what happened.

> > > Hi guys, i was playing a death match game the other day and was up against some extreme pros and it seemed to me whenever they would retreat to heal up, (they were both using Captain Cutter) i’d hear mac blasts going off, and then their Spartan scorpians would come back with more stars even though all rebels were killed, so i was wondering if players can hurt their allies units, allow them to survive and rank up. Any info would be appreciated guys, thanks!
> >
> > There is no way for them to have gained stars given your explanation. Stars are ONLY obtained by killing enemy units and structures.
> >
> > Each unit has a bounty, or an amount they are worth when killed. Each unit also has 3 levels of bounty at which they will gain stars, hence 3 stars being the max. Bounty is split between units based on the damage they did to the unit killed.
>
> You’re assuming they’re fully researched. Stars can also be gained through research if they are spartan tanks, which is probably what happened.

This is an old post, but I felt the need to point out RieverCorrupted’s obvious brain fart (he’s a buddy of mine).

No upgrades in deathmatch, fine gentleman.

Also, I am tired of all the other redundant posts about reach/h4/CEA. Literally see 4 posts on the front page that all have the word ‘bloom’ in the title. Boring.