Boosting Easy Spartan Points and Credits.

We all know that exploits will be found that will pay out tons of points and assist in ranking you up quickly and easily while unlocking armor and weapons and such.

It happens in every game. It only takes one Halo fan out of the millions that will be playing it, to find an exploit and post it on YouTube.

When that happens, the online population will be flooded with high ranks with loads of unlocked weapons.

At some point 343i will do something about it. They will definitely try to patch it. As far as punishment goes, they can reset players ranks and points, they can credit ban people, or they can just send out warning to players to give them a chance to correct themselves.

You know most of us will take advantage of the first major exploit. I know I probably will and so will all of my friends.

What should the punishment be, and do you think it would be more fair to get a warning first?

No, you shouldn’t get a warning. You ruined the game by using a stupid exploit.

you do know that you unlock sp for ranking up and its a token like system not reachs credit thing.

I most certainly will not be using an exploit of any kind, I did it with Reach for a while, and for one I felt like I had cheated my stats, and two, it just wasn’t fun to do, as for punishment, I say rank reset

I remember the first rank reset that Bungie did with Reach.

The rage on the forums was beyond glorious.

Exploiters and those who grew up without earning anything in games (this generation it seems) will always find a way to exploit.

F em as far as I’m concerned.

In terms of game balance, I suppose damage will be limited (puns of any kind are unintended) since Standard edition users have to wait until their remaining six specializations are unlocked over time.

Hopefully the fastest and most convenient ways to earn Spartan Points will be, infact, earning them though methods designed to reward those who either want to rank ASAP or those who play a lot, rather than do what Reach did and encourage negative and/or erratic behaviour, from being away from the controller for 90% of a match to reloading campaign checkpoints to spam uber weapons. If I recall there aren’t any achievements that directly involve a feat performed in Wargames so I trust 343i are aiming to discourage as many negative aspects clinging to Halo as possible.

Get a warning first if you do it again rank reset to 1 even if you were 50

No warning, that wouldn’t be fair, if you know your exploiting, and it isn’t legal, you should get rank reset all of your things.

if you rob a bank, you dont get a warning. people know its bad, and need to be punnished if they do it.

Yeah it’s called being proficient with everything in the game.

> I remember the first rank reset that Bungie did with Reach.
>
> The rage on the forums was beyond glorious.

Wow. I actually remember that. I remember one thread in particular how someone made two pages worth of a complaint as to why exploiting is legit and that he deserves his credits back.

Hell have no fury like a monitor telling you “you’re not special”

I honestly don’t see the point to boosting Spartan Points/credits/whatever. Shouldn’t the main reason to play the game be fun? Just enjoy yourself and, before you know it, you’ll have everything unlocked!

> I honestly don’t see the point to boosting Spartan Points/credits/whatever. Shouldn’t the main reason to play the game be fun? Just enjoy yourself and, before you know it, you’ll have everything unlocked!

some people have the mentality that ‘fun =/= skill because Halo MP is serious business and stuff.’

Depends, if the exploit requires “manipulation” of the game or network (like the network cable one from Reach) then they should be banned plain and simple. Its a willful manipulation of a system in order to gain an unfair advantage with little to no work, it poisons the population and effects everyone else’s gameplay experience.

If however it is just a trick within the confines of the games to earn credits quick (like the target locator campaign commendation trick in Reach) then it should be allowed as the player isn’t manipulating the system outside of the approved game environment.

This was the policy they put in place when the Reach exploits were found, I would assume the same thing would be in place for Halo 4.

If the exploit is something in the game such as a checkpoint reset then that is 343i’s fault and there should be no punishment, especially because although these things provide easy credits the player still has to grind to get them which is essentially the equivalent of playing lots of Halo. Exploits like challenge resets should warrant rank resets.

LOL. All I care about is being better than most kids that play this game. Rank means nothing unless if its a skilled ranking system.

I don’t need to boost my “longevity” rank.

Lol you guys can’t be serious. Who the -Yoink- ares if people exploit it? It the developers fault for adding in limited -Yoink-.

“If you mess with the network, if you boost your EXP, if you upload modded content, if you quit your games early…”

Progressing through the ranks legitimately is part of the fun. People who boost and approach progression like a job are robbing themselves of the actual experience that matters: enjoying it.

So, if there’s an exploit and people boost their stats to max everything out and unlock everything as if it’s some kind of task to complete, I really don’t care. As far as I’m concerned, that’s their loss.