Boosting Accounts Rank System

so I decided to jump on and play a few rounds of Halo 5 today and this is the first round I got…

Gamertag- Gun PhAze 6 kills 3 assist 0 deaths rank diamond 5 and Level 10. KDA 10.1 win percentage 97.4%

Gamertag- BB Deetz 5 kills 2 assist 4 deaths rank - unranked and level 4. KDA 5.8 with win percentage 100.00%

Gamertag- The Wizards Gun 14 kills 4Kill For Sho assist 0 deaths rank diamond 5 level 12. KDA 9.8 with win percentage 95.4. Won 44 of 42 games…

Gamertag- KiLL For Sho 9kills 3 assist 4 deaths rank - unranked and a level 3. KDA 6.8 with win percentage of 100.00%

So I guess the question is why are you allowing bullying on your servers and in your community thru ranked games? Also why suck a broken rank system hasn’t been addressed and fixed? This is a very common problem I face and this case was enough make me frustrated enough to expose. Also where can you report such abusive players on here? Reporting activity to Xbox live doesn’t do anything to clean up the community and fix this rampant issue of bullying.

> 2617047104903928;1:
> so I decided to jump on and play a few rounds of Halo 5 today and this is the first round I got…
>
> Gamertag- Gun PhAze 6 kills 3 assist 0 deaths rank diamond 5 and Level 10. KDA 10.1 win percentage 97.4%
>
> Gamertag- BB Deetz 5 kills 2 assist 4 deaths rank - unranked and level 4. KDA 5.8 with win percentage 100.00%
>
> Gamertag- The Wizards Gun 14 kills 4Kill For Sho assist 0 deaths rank diamond 5 level 12. KDA 9.8 with win percentage 95.4. Won 44 of 42 games…
>
> Gamertag- KiLL For Sho 9kills 3 assist 4 deaths rank - unranked and a level 3. KDA 6.8 with win percentage of 100.00%
> So I guess the question is why are you allowing bullying on your servers and in your community thru ranked games? Also why suck a broken rank system hasn’t been addressed and fixed? This is a very common problem I face and this case was enough make me frustrated enough to expose. Also where can you report such abusive players on here? Reporting activity to Xbox live doesn’t do anything to clean up the community and fix this rampant issue of bullying.

If true these stats are alarming. Clearly something isnt right though it could be a glitch. Yiu are right though, xbox live reporting is blam and nothing gets done. There should be a reporting system to 343 where they ban any players. That way something gets done. But for some reason they dont want that which is ridiculous. Players shoyld be named and shamed directly to them, but maybe privately.

I am worried thiugh this thread may get removed cos you named names against forum rules, but if you edit the names out you should be ok. This should be looked at seriously though cos it makes the ranking system a farce, not that it isnt now due to the onyx csr bug, but anyways…

I liked Reach’s system a lot better than this. It was based off your individual performance, not just based on whether you win or lose. I don’t like that, unless its the 1-50 Trueskill system. All you see in team arena is “Gold, Gold, Diamond 3, Platinum 2” for example.

Let me ask a question. Where in the Xbox Live Terms of Service does it state that alternate (smurf) accounts can’t be used for matchmaking? I’m not talking about on the forums, having multiple accounts on waypoint is against ToS. Also, don’t call out other players, it’s against the rules. You can tell us the match report and stats of players as long as it isn’t used to flame members, you just can’t use their gamertags.

> 2533274812988278;4:
> Let me ask a question. Where in the Xbox Live Terms of Service does it state that alternate (smurf) accounts can’t be used for matchmaking?

I think they are just taking the boosting thing personally. I don’t think reporting them is the best show of sportsmanship since they are not technically breaking any rules. This is also assuming these are unranked individuals who are being boosted by the diamond players, which I get. It’s this behavior that shows the need for group based matchmaking, so teams can play against teams. In the past I haven’t usually stood behind this mostly because those clamoring for it are just solo players who want to play against other solo players, but when boosting is involved it unfairly skews the already imperfect ranking system.
It’s a complicated problem with many potential solutions and many potential ramifications for each one.