Boosters, what happens to them?

If I report someone for boosting what actually happens to them? It’s sickening to see someone with guest profils boosting on regicide I run into 1 of them every other day. People work hard to EARN certain armor sets and these guys get them in next to no time. Disgusting. This sort of thing makes me want to give up playing. That and the people who are putting people down in game chat.

As far as I’m aware…

For boosting don’t you get an XP ban and maybe a temporary Ban from PLaying Halo 4?

I’m not to sure entirely but I’m guessing it would be that and maybe a roll back to before they started boosting.

I’d just hang in there as well. Sure they make the gameplay boring due to guests that might not even be playing but just stick with it and you can also use this in your favor just as much as they can.

I think that the best and “fairest” punishment for boosters should be a MASSIVE XP penalty. And I mean not just a temporary XP ban for a week or so, but taking away already “earned” XP and thus re-locking stuff those people already unlocked, like taking away 25% of the total XP gained.

And yes, boosters are a plight. They’re the sole reason I don’t play Rumble Pit or Regicide.

The worst part is when I asked the guy why he was boosting he gave me abuse. :open_mouth:

Boosting cannot be defended in anyway, you’re be disrepectful to be people who put in the effort.

I agree that boosting is just disgraceful but i’m almost positive they will never get banned for it.

Regicide should be Party of one. I run across teams that will not kill each other, but only go after the non-team players. Running past someone who I left at oneshot was pretty obvious…

Any modding and/ or boosting should be met with ONE warning, then met with a ban right after. Most people that boost are fairly high levels with nothing else to do. If they are met with an XP cut, they can still earn armor, and thus defeats the purpose.
As of now, a warning, followed by a XP reduction, an XP ban, temporary ban, then a ban.
Too many warnings if you ask me.

I think an auotmated banhammer swings and hits them :slight_smile:

Why should they be warned? You don’t boost by mistake, they know full well what they’re doing.

> Regicide should be Party of one. I run across teams that will not kill each other, but only go after the non-team players. Running past someone who I left at oneshot was pretty obvious…

I not only see this, I hear it too. Idiots apologizing for accidentally shooting their friend to make it even more obvious. This is cheating, plain and simple, but they get away with it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Regicide should be Party of one. I run across teams that will not kill each other, but only go after the non-team players. Running past someone who I left at oneshot was pretty obvious…

Hey I don’t think they should do that now Bossting is or losers but me and my friends always get 4 people go into regicide then we just work together killing the 2 randoms it’s so funny hearing there reactions

There is a lot of interchange in this thread mixing boosting with words like cheating, and modding. Boosting is not affiliated with cheating or modding and is not punished the same way

Most of the Xbox live community does not reprimand for boosting although they may frown upon it. Boosting in itself is not wrong if it doesn’t hurt someone. If people want to boost in Halo Wars for example, because it takes forever to get to General Rank, that isn’t a problem.

If it really does shift the odds of winning in Regicide then it is an annoying problem, but isn’t against the rules of XBL, nor is it cheating or modding. Developers like 343i can and do desk with it.

I think boosters should be penalized through the following formula…

It would be an XP ban that would equal the following variables.

X: Booster Punishment

Y: Number of hours

Z: Points earned

X= 2Y/10

So if you boosted in a match and got 750 points, you would be banned from earning XP for 150 hours or approximately 6 DAYS

> I think boosters should be penalized through the following formula…
>
> It would be an XP ban that would equal the following variables.
>
>
>
> X: Booster Punishment
>
> Y: Number of hours
>
> Z: Points earned
>
> X= 2Y/10
>
> So if you boosted in a match and got 750 points, you would be banned from earning XP for 150 hours or approximately 6 DAYS

That’s insane and never would be implemented. In the end you want people playing your game because that equals to more DLC purchased and more games sold.

Banning someone for a total 6 days of in game time is ridiculous. That’s a one way trip to trade in town and loss of a customer for future titles.

> > I think boosters should be penalized through the following formula…
> >
> > It would be an XP ban that would equal the following variables.
> >
> >
> >
> > X: Booster Punishment
> >
> > Y: Number of hours
> >
> > Z: Points earned
> >
> > X= 2Y/10
> >
> > So if you boosted in a match and got 750 points, you would be banned from earning XP for 150 hours or approximately 6 DAYS
>
> That’s insane and never would be implemented. In the end you want people playing your game because that equals to more DLC purchased and more games sold.
>
> Banning someone for a total 6 days of in game time is ridiculous. That’s a one way trip to trade in town and loss of a customer for future titles.

Okay then…

Sorry that I am opposed to cheaters ruining my time in a game…

I actually meant that you wouldn’t gain XP for 6 days in the playlist that you boosted in.

And I will admit that that particular statement was a bit… Exaggerated.

> > > I think boosters should be penalized through the following formula…
> > >
> > > It would be an XP ban that would equal the following variables.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > X: Booster Punishment
> > >
> > > Y: Number of hours
> > >
> > > Z: Points earned
> > >
> > > X= 2Y/10
> > >
> > > So if you boosted in a match and got 750 points, you would be banned from earning XP for 150 hours or approximately 6 DAYS
> >
> > That’s insane and never would be implemented. In the end you want people playing your game because that equals to more DLC purchased and more games sold.
> >
> > Banning someone for a total 6 days of in game time is ridiculous. That’s a one way trip to trade in town and loss of a customer for future titles.
>
> Okay then…
>
> Sorry that I am opposed to cheaters ruining my time in a game…
>
> I actually meant that you wouldn’t gain XP for 6 days in the playlist that you boosted in.
>
> And I will admit that that particular statement was a bit… Exaggerated.

Boosting isn’t cheating.

didnt know boosters ever got dealt with on h4

I had to go up against two guys working together in a regicide match AND both of them had a guest with them as well to farm. It was a JIP for me and for the rest of the game it was these two chumps (and their guests), me and some random. They were really ruining the random but I gave them a run for their money. Got a few double kills got hold of a sniper taking them both out when they rushed me. Their reactions were hilarious though, every play i made was met by verbal abuse from them, “YO DAWG THIS GUY IS CHEATING” “YEAH HOMIE THIS -Yoink!- MISSES ALL HIS SHOTS THEN GETS A MELEE ON ME”, " YO WHAT A -Yoink- YO HE PICKED UP THE SNIPER RIFLE".

I would say no guests, for sure, but no parties is a bit much. For everyone who cheats like that, there would be at least a dozen others who play properly and just enjoy the chance to compete in a FFA with their friends.

I did run into two guys who were boosting using another account with three guests the other day. The thing with boosters is that most of them suck, and these two were some of the worst I’ve seen. I ended up 25-1, with that 1 a self-inflicted suicide caused by questionable rocket use… on a positive note, I got my first ever Rampage before I killed myself.

> > > > I think boosters should be penalized through the following formula…
> > > >
> > > > It would be an XP ban that would equal the following variables.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > X: Booster Punishment
> > > >
> > > > Y: Number of hours
> > > >
> > > > Z: Points earned
> > > >
> > > > X= 2Y/10
> > > >
> > > > So if you boosted in a match and got 750 points, you would be banned from earning XP for 150 hours or approximately 6 DAYS
> > >
> > > That’s insane and never would be implemented. In the end you want people playing your game because that equals to more DLC purchased and more games sold.
> > >
> > > Banning someone for a total 6 days of in game time is ridiculous. That’s a one way trip to trade in town and loss of a customer for future titles.
> >
> > Okay then…
> >
> > Sorry that I am opposed to cheaters ruining my time in a game…
> >
> > I actually meant that you wouldn’t gain XP for 6 days in the playlist that you boosted in.
> >
> > And I will admit that that particular statement was a bit… Exaggerated.
>
> Boosting isn’t cheating.

Clearly boosting is cheating if you can get banned from it.

My point is that boosting is extremely annoying for people that are actually playing the game and the penalties for it are not enough. Clearly the Due Process rights for boosting need to be more… oppressive.