Booster advertising

I got a PM rather quickly after some matchmaking events with what seemed to be a sales pitch offering to help me boost. Is this common? SHould it be reported?

I hate to sound like a boy scout, but if I suck, I suck, there isnt any improving on that point regardless of the rank and skill level.

I’d report it under communication.

Also, don’t ever let someone make you feel bad about doing the right thing.

I agree I would report this, especially if they are trying to get money for it.

Well, at least you didn’t get a PM from someone telling you his dog played better than you. Yes, that was something someone told me. Oh well, he really felt the need to let me know. I already know I am not that good, but it cracks me up when others go out of their way to tell me.

When I first saw the message notification, I was completely expecting something along those lines. It was a match of Oddball, and this guy cleaned everyone’s clock. I think the game was over in under 4 minutes.

So, who and where does one report this stuff?

> I agree I would report this, especially if they are trying to get money for it.
>
> Well, at least you didn’t get a PM from someone telling you his dog played better than you. Yes, that was something someone told me. Oh well, he really felt the need to let me know. I already know I am not that good, but it cracks me up when others go out of their way to tell me.

Other than filing a complaint over XBL, you can take a screenshot of the message (from.com) and send it in an @reply to either @stepto or @dmzilla to report the issue. Have faith that others will report it as well, and someone will look into the issue.

I think you can do it from the individuals profile. I believe there is an option to select that has something about cheating. Major Nelson had a video on that.

Report it under communications and keep the message so XBL can look at it when they get to your complaint. :slight_smile:

Why report? Who cares, was he offensive? Did he cheat against you? Did he do somthing reportable? If not filing false reports only gunks up the system.

Unless the person messaging you tried to make money off boosting I wouldnt report.

And though I boost occassionally, I dont send random messages about it lol.

> I agree I would report this, especially if they are trying to get money for it.
>
> Well, at least you didn’t get a PM from someone telling you his dog played better than you. Yes, that was something someone told me. Oh well, he really felt the need to let me know. I already know I am not that good, but it cracks me up when others go out of their way to tell me.

At least he didn’t get a PM with a picture of some old, obese male’s belly.