Books, comics, and H5 make H1-4 not important

Spoilers ahead.
After Halo 4, the didact comes back on Installations 03 to fight blue team, making the impact of Halo 4s ending dull. To make it even more dull, Cortana comes back in Halo 5 as well and she is now the bad guy. Not only is this a kick in the balls to the emotional roller coaster Chief and Cortana had in Halo 4, but making her the bad guy makes Halo 1-3 feel fake looking back on it. Remember when Sgt. Johnson said to never let Cortana go to Chief? Yeah, thats unimportant. One might argue Halo 1-4 don’t even matter as a result of Halo 5.
It just sucks that it has to be this way. To make matters worse this wasn’t even told through the games, and its all pretty significant. Halo 4 was one of my favorite 360 games of all time mostly because of that awesome campaign and now it all feels useless.

Didact was never killed at the end of 4, he was knocked into the slipspace soup below transporting him to 03.

I always thought this Cortana was this way because of her rampancy when she was killed, I heard that something along the lines of this is true and we’ll find out with Tales from Slipspace coming out soon. She was “ejecting rampant personality spikes” or something like that to overload the shield, its probably something like that.

I know, I hate Halo 5 story left behind the other games like if they didn’t happened.

> 2533274911198538;2:
> Didact was never killed at the end of 4, he was knocked into the slipspace soup below transporting him to 03.
>
> I always thought this Cortana was this way because of her rampancy when she was killed, I heard that something along the lines of this is true and we’ll find out with Tales from Slipspace coming out soon. She was “ejecting rampant personality spikes” or something like that to overload the shield, its probably something like that.

He teleported as soon as he fell? Nuke wouldn’t of killed him? Either way what happens with the didact after Halo 4 should’ve been in a game.

It’s all important IMO… it may not all fit together perfectly but when a franchise has been going as long as Halo has and on a lot of different media it won’t all fit together perfectly. I get why some think it should all happen in game but I disagree because why ruin stuff for players who are into all of it. Important stuff should be spread out across all media.

Halo 5 Story Sucks.

I think I K the idea they are trying to portray in Halo 5 is Cortana acting on behalf of Humanity even if it means being unpopular in the decision making process. Which Brian Reed could have flushed out more.

He could have made that more obvious and more of Cortana being straight up with Chief… Maybe than they could have gotten Chief on Cortana’s side and all, maybe Infinity and Agent Locke are both hunting master chief and trying to neutralize Guardians at the same time leading to Blue Team having to work around an obstacle for the greater good.

They probably should’ve stuck with Fire team majestic seeing as they were already well filled out characters that we know from Halo 4. But still the Agent Locke side works if he was with strictly fellow ONI Assassins hunting Chief.

Maybe the danger or whatever reason Cortana uses to convince the Chief to join her could be that the Flood are still around and the promethans aren’t under her control because the Didact is still alive and kicking.

Maybe having terminals that tell more of the Warden Eternal’s Story and flushes him out a bit more.

All these things and yet Brian Reed and Frank Connor still treat the fans with utter disrespect. They say it’s a serious character flaw to always being right. I think that maybe it’s time they admit they were wrong. Than maybe we all can get over this.

Why are they putting all these details into the books? I read the first 4 when I was in highschool because the library had them but if I’m buying all the games that should be enough to understand what’s going on.

> 2533274800264382;7:
> Why are they putting all these details into the books? I read the first 4 when I was in highschool because the library had them but if I’m buying all the games that should be enough to understand what’s going on.

Exactly!