Bonuses/Unlockables for Dedicated Fans

I would love to see some bonuses or unlockables in Halo 4 for the long-time fans of the series. Similar perks were given out for Halo: Reach, which included player nameplates and armor. Something as simple as nameplates or armor/weapon skins would really go a long way for the fans who have been with the series for years.

My suggestions for things that would trigger bonuses/unlockables in Halo 4:

• Unlocked the 11th terminal in Halo Waypoint
  • Played Halo: Reach
  • Played Halo 3: ODST
  • Played Halo 3
  • Played Halo 2 or Halo 2 PC
  • Played Halo CE Anniversary or Halo PC
  • Played Halo Wars
  • Obtain certain Waypoint level (30, 40, max, etc.)
  • Achievement-based milestones
    — Legendary completion (all games)
    — SOLO Legendary Reach completion
    — All 7 Vidmaster achievements*Almost all of the data for the above suggestions could be pulled from a player’s service record or Halo Waypoint data.

What say you, fellow Halo fans? Is this something you would like to see in Halo 4? Vote in the poll to let your voice be heard!

If you vote “Yes,” be sure to include your suggestions for triggers or milestones in a reply.

I loved when the did the waypoint armour in Reach, I think taking it the next step and having a few more things would be amazing.

Remove Halo Wars and you got yourself a deal ;D

> I loved when the did the waypoint armour in Reach, I think taking it the next step and having a few more things would be amazing.

maybe this time you could unlock weapon skins on waypoint

> > I loved when the did the waypoint armour in Reach, I think taking it the next step and having a few more things would be amazing.
>
> maybe this time you could unlock weapon skins on waypoint

Waypoint Armour, skins, and weapon skins would be a pretty wicked deal. There is alot that can be done with waypoint and I am pretty sure they will start implimenting those things when 4 drops.

Add the PC version of Halo 2, and you got your self a deal.

Sounds great, It makes people realize what you had to do to get that armor.

For example, The armor in Halo 3 was directly Acheivement linked. Everytime I saw a EOD helmet and a Katana, I knew that person beat the game on legendary, found all the skulls and has over 1000 acheivement points in it.

That would be awesome! It’d be a nice visual award for beating the previous games on Legendary. (Still need to finish Anniversary, curse you New Vegas Ultimate for being so addicting!)

yes beat at least two halo games on legendary

and One reward not all can be a flood arm option for armor :slight_smile:

> Remove Halo Wars and you got yourself a deal ;D

This^^^^

It’s still a halo game.

Yeh. It’s a completely different genre of game so making a reward for a FPS from an RTS isn’t quite fair.

So good job OP, no PC versions please, it’s not fair that people who own a PC get more stuff than an xbox gamer who has been here since Halo:CE.

I might also be supporting no Halo Wars because I have 100% achievements in all games except Wars, and have Halo 2 on this account.

It’s a nice idea and I bet there will be something, although I assume it once again will be just avatar stuff unlocked by ranks in waypoint, nothing more :frowning:

> > Remove Halo Wars and you got yourself a deal ;D
>
> This^^^^

I do not think they should be given on a play basis, it should be based on a minimum playing time or in halo reach’s case, rank.

> I do not think they should be given on a play basis, it should be based on a minimum playing time or in halo reach’s case, rank.

This is a really neat idea. Maybe your player nameplate could show your ranks throughout the other games (Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach). Good thinkin’!

This wont do.The requirements re too easy.One could just rent them,or borrow from friend.

No, makes it at least like get a certain rank/playtime .For example, for playtime it takes all you halos put together

> So good job OP, no PC versions please, it’s not fair that people who own a PC get more stuff than an xbox gamer who has been here since Halo:CE.

Which is more fair? Letting PC gamers have one or two while Xbox gamers get something for every Xbox Halo title, which is 6 things so far.
Or only give things to Xbox gamers and tell PC gamers to go -Yoink- them selves because the only have Halo PC and Halo 2 vista, and they shouldn’t be respected and given content for playing Halo 4 on the Xbox when they’re clearly not to see any new Halo games on the PC ever again.
Think about it, think about how many Halo games there are on the PC vs the Xbox. I think 343i should give all players a chance to have content for playing Halo games. that’s what it means to be a dedicated Halo Fan, people who have played the game for a long time, and have played most of the Halo games.

> This wont do.The requirements re too easy.One could just rent them,or borrow from friend.
>
> No, makes it at least like get a certain rank/playtime .For example, for playtime it takes all you halos put together

I think it would be nice to have a mix of hard and easy milestones. Things like unlocking the 11th terminal, solo Legendary Reach completion, and the Vidmaster achievements would fit the niche you’re describing.

I don’t think it contributes to a positive experience to make ALL the awards require something difficult. But at the same time, I don’t hate the idea of changing “Play <game>” to “Finish <game>.” 343i could look at achievements and give awards to players who got to the end of previous games on any difficulty (with separate awards for the harder challenges, of course).

> I would love to see some bonuses or unlockables in Halo 4 for the long-time fans of the series. Similar perks were given out for Halo: Reach, which included player nameplates and armor. Something as simple as nameplates or armor/weapon skins would really go a long way for the fans who have been with the series for years.
>
> My suggestions for things that would trigger bonuses/unlockables in Halo 4:
> - Unlocked the 11th terminal in Halo Waypoint
> - Played Halo: Reach
> - Played Halo 3: ODST
> - Played Halo 3
> - Played Halo 2
> - Played Halo CE Anniversary or Halo PC
> - Played Halo Wars
> - Achievement-based milestones
> — Legendary completion (all games)
> — SOLO Legendary Reach completion
> — All 7 Vidmaster achievements*Almost all of the data for the above suggestions could be pulled from a player’s service record or Halo Waypoint data.
>
> What say you, fellow Halo fans? Is this something you would like to see in Halo 4? Vote in the poll to let your voice be heard!
>
> If you vote “Yes,” be sure to include your suggestions for triggers or milestones in a reply.

Seem to forget one thing Halo 4 because I’d go on halo waypoint I’d have all the stuff unlocked straight away.lol Also should include halo 2 pc too.