Bonnie Ross to Step Down

https://twitter.com/plutonforever/status/1569370308444065794?s=21

Please keep it clean. She is stepping down for a family emergency. I haven’t seen it confirmed who will replace her position permanently nor pro temp.

Edit:

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/halo-head-bonnie-ross-is-leaving-343-industries-and-microsoft

Studio veteran and production lead Pierre Hintze will become studio head of 343i effective immediately, leading the studio’s on-going development of Halo Infinite and The Master Chief Collection, as well as future games. The senior leadership team will expand with new roles, including Bryan Koski who will become GM of Franchise, and Elizabeth Van Wyck, who will oversee business and operations.

15 Likes

Excited to see who will replace her.

9 Likes

Family issue, or forced to step down behind closed doors? :thinking:

Guess we’ll never know.

20 Likes

Family emergency true or not. This needed to happen.

I do wish her well and hopefully when she is ready to return Xbox and or MS will find a suitable role for her.

just heard all the top management went through a big change as well. From jez corden at Windows Central.
“Studio veteran and production lead Pierre Hintze will become studio head of 343i effective immediately, leading the studio’s on-going development of Halo Infinite and The Master Chief Collection, as well as future games. The senior leadership team will expand with new roles, including Bryan Koski who will become GM of Franchise, and Elizabeth Van Wyck, who will oversee business and operations.”

8 Likes

Who is Pierre Hintze?

4 Likes

This Honestly i give her props that she stook around for so long only to drop it for her family

5 Likes

Well, I wish her well, and hope whatever her family emergency is turns around well for her and her family.

Looking at the future of Halo I hope the new blood brings about good for us.

6 Likes

MCC dude apparently, so basically actually good at his job lol.

is Frank O Conner and Kiki Wolfkill stil in charge? If so, exactly how would that matter?

4 Likes

Her role needs to go to an ex bungie dev or Staten!!!

2 Likes

Mmmmmm I will remain skeptical, there is a lot to fix and change, when I see the changes I will form an opinion.

9 Likes

With this I think the future of halo and infinite is bright. Not to say the person was bad they just didn’t have the right state of mind and view for halo… also anyone who lets a higher up blatantly lie to them resulting in a game being rushed out 2 years to early can’t be in the right state of mind or might have to much on their plate.

For now though remember big changes like this take time to show their fruits. So give it six months to a year before we start seeing the changes/improvements from this.

4 Likes

I wonder what this means for the potential of a true Halo game releasing.

4 Likes

Whether it was actually a family emergency or not. It would be hard for any company to ignore the negative PR that Halo has recieved, and the negativity she has recieved has becoming increasingly toxic for Halo while she was attached to it.

If this turns out to just be a stunt to remove her, I feel like Xbox/Mircosoft couldn’t remove her outright without it looking bad for them as well. So they had her announce leaving of her own volition. They will either wait till the negativity has passed and place her someplace else in Microsoft, or they will have her “retire” with a golden parachute depending how high in the company she is considered.

11 Likes

I just hope that the medical issue is nothing, and everything improves in that sense. That first.

Second, I’m glad it’s out of the studio and the whole big dome is being retooled, maybe there’s some hope for Halo.

3 Likes

Well that’s a shame.

Honestly, it’s always surprised me that Bonnie wasn’t ever singled out like some other franchises. It has tended to be 343 as a whole that took the flack as a studio rather than one individual.

If she was made to fall on her sword, I don’t think that will change peoples perceptions of 343. As I said, it’s the organisation as a whole; not who’s at the helm and setting the agenda.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’re splitting her role into three.

5 Likes

Studio veteran and production lead Pierre Hintze is apparently taking the helm. He is the guy who turned MCC around from what I’ve heard.

10 Likes

Im sure theres is a lot of talnent inside 343, but not enought to halo, and maybe not enought to make a good direction to the franchise. The TV series have been a total shame to the lore and the chief, and the actual status of Infinite is crazy, the game is barely alive right now with no real content.

4 Likes

Whatever is going on with her family I hope the situation is resolved quickly and isn’t severe. Family is very important and that’s a serious manner.

As a person I respect her. As a studio head it’s the exact opposite. Her departure I think may finally steer 343 to at least a direction. It needed to happen and frankly should have been far sooner than it took now.

7 Likes

That gives a lot of hope. We are getting things in MCC that we have wanted in halo for a long time. so with them at the helm. maybe we will finally get elites back.

3 Likes