Boneyard Layout Change?

Basically, has 343 mentioned anything yet about a change to the current matchmaking map layout of Boneyard?
Because well…currently the map isn’t too memorable nor play does it play exactly well with objective gametypes, or even Slayer really.

This map should be treated the way it was designed to be, an assymetrical map, instead of this psuedo symmetrical layout thing it has going on right now in one small part of the map.
Especially since Reach is really lacking in the pure assymetrical map department in BTB matchmaking right now. Only Breakpoint really has that going, but how much does that ever show it’s face in voting?

Just making it play similar to the Invasion layout, taking place across the map would be a huge improvement. It would at the very least, be much more exciting to play in than it currently is now.

I think it’s because if one team controls the Generator Area from Invasion, it would result in spawn trapping just like the Spartans Advantages over Elites in Invasion.

However, if this could somehow be fixed, let it happen.

What are you talking about? All the Bungie made maps are asymmetrical except for Breakpoint, not the other way around.

> What are you talking about? All the Bungie made maps are asymmetrical except for Breakpoint, not the other way around.

Of course the map itself is assymetrical, but the way the layout is in matchmaking right now, where the bases and vehicles are at, it seems Bungie had something else in mind, especially considering there used to be 2 flag CTF on it.
Same thing with Spire.
Most of the action only happens in that one area, and it gets pretty sloppy at times with usually the team with no base getting overwhelmed and destroyed. And of course the warthog and ghost out in the middle of nowhere that seldom get seen or used.

Sure, keep that version in matchmaking if people still like it, but I don’t see what’s wrong with making a version where the bases take place across the map instead, with people needing to plant or take the objective in the large building.

> I think it’s because if one team controls the Generator Area from Invasion, it would result in spawn trapping just like the Spartans Advantages over Elites in Invasion.
>
> However, if this could somehow be fixed, let it happen.

I was thinking the attacking base could be situated around that bridge part near the cliff corner. Nice amount of cover, has the high ground, and it’s mostly out of view of the Generator area, but still plenty of avenues for attacking.

Spawn trapping is always possible still, but at least it wouldn’t be as bad as possible now.

xX Overkill VR (maker of Classic Playlist) made very good versions of Spire and Boneyard called Spiral and Boneless you should find them on Bungie.net