Boltshots charge is overpowered?

After playing a couple games of Regicide and King of the hill I’m left completely speechless at the range the Boltshots charged sot can insta-kill (and by that I mean it pretty much makes a scattershot at close range look like a water pistol).

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this should get nerfed.

PS: I FINALLY got used to the controls. :slight_smile:

Yes it’s OP’d and needs nerfed. In its current state it is more powerful than the Scattershot, which needs a buff in my opinion.

Na, having a shotgun equivalent as a secondary weapon is far. Says 343i but no one else ever…

> Na, having a shotgun equivalent as a secondary weapon is far. Says 343i but no one else ever…

Moose, go home. You’re drunk. :stuck_out_tongue:

But, in all seriousness the Boltshot does need quite a nerf. I believe at this point it should be more akin to the Mauler in Strength, Range, and Functionality than being a mini-shotgun.

nah, it seems alright. Don’t rush corners and flush people out with nades and you should be fine. You should try to avoid getting that close to begin with if you can help it. Also, if it isn’t charged, the boltshot is worthless.

> nah, it seems alright. Don’t rush corners and flush people out with nades and you should be fine. You should try to avoid getting that close to begin with if you can help it. Also, if it isn’t charged, the boltshot is worthless.

It’s the same strength as an ordnance shotgun and scattershot close range… you shouldn’t be able to spawn with it is the issue…

i wouldn’t say its over powered but the spread and range is too much
many of times i dogged it but the spread caught me where they just melee me to get an instant kill i have gone up to many team where that’s all they use just hide and try and lure us in close combat it got old fast

I use it on every class. You’re stupid if you don’t. It’s so good I actually keep it over some power weapons. That should never happen with a secondary. It needs nerfed, but until then, it’s my secondary of choice.

> I use it on every class. You’re stupid if you don’t. It’s so good I actually keep it over some power weapons. That should never happen with a secondary. It needs nerfed, but until then, it’s my secondary of choice.

good man, i like the way you put that

i say the same thing except about the DMR… both need a slight nerf.

it sucks hearing people be like “oh sniper. nah you can take it, i got my dmr” lol:S

Needs a range nerf, but nothing else.

I like it so I can merc you -Yoink- players that like to rush hoping to punch people.

[deleted]

The actual one hit kill range is one and a half times the maximum melee lunge and it takes a full second to charge and 2 seconds to start charging again after a shot.

It isn’t as bad as people think. I’ve been using the hell out of it because ‘Forrunner loadout mastery’ and I can honestly say.

>Jetpacks are the bane of your existence.
>Thrust pack at the right moment screws you.
>Any player smart enough to realize why you want them to come to you is going to live.
>People can still stick you because of the cheap sticky grenade mechanics and doing a lot of strafing to dodge the grenades can kill the timing on your shot.
>You are harmless if they never follow you up close.

This isn’t hard stuff the reason out. See a guy with it? Stop trying to chill indoors. He can’t hurt you if you have room to move and stay aware enough to see him coming. Doorways, corners. You should know better then to just charge the guy if he sees you and hide around one. You know what he wants, any Halo 4 player understands that.

The only change that needs to be made is a visual glow that gets brighter as it charges and a louder sound similar to the Plasma pistol to give an audio queue to those nearby. See the glow, hear the sound - don’t get close.

It’d drastically change the effectiveness of camping with it. The Boltshot would become what it was likely meant to be. A last ditch defense weapon.

There are quite a few weapons that need a fair bit of tweeking but the bolt shot blast is deffo top of the list

Played Regicide earlier then virtually everyone was just running around with the Bolt Shot pistol pulling off its one hit kill shot power blast, as others have said, if the scattershot and shotgun are deemed power weapons needed a call in drop or map drop then having a basic pistol with the same power is just cheap and pointless

I find it really cheapens some games, it doesnt take skill to use it as a tactic and just nullifies what regicide is to supposed to be

Be interesting to see what 343 do with the weapons now that feedback is coming in think and fast, but I agree with the OP