Boltshot should become sentenal beam

I personaly love what 343 have done in creating new weapons to diversify the range in game. My faverite forrunner gun is the lightrifle its sleek, -Yoink!-, stylish and deadly. But my only problem with any of the forunner guns is that the boltshot just doesnt fit into the sandbox as it should. I understand that 343 wanted to have a different weapon for each specific field e.g pistols, rifles etc But I think it would have been much better if the forunner pistol was I guess esentualy a sentinal beam of some sort. Hopefully this can be switched up in Halo 5

Imagine if all the enemies that use the boltshot type gun in campaign or spartan opps used the sentenal beam type instead. I think it could only make the game better and would solve a lott of problems. besides the enemies dont even use the boltshot like a shot gun (Im not saying they should that would suck) but whats the point in having a dual purpose gun if the beings in which its supposed to eriginate from dont evan use the gun properly

Sounds neat

Would have been awesome!

Forerunner weapons in general should be more unique.

But yes, the pistol should have been similar to a sentinel beam.

Hmm interesting idea. Not sure how it would work, but would definitely be a lot of fun!

You sir make a very good point when it comes to the gun and how the enemies use it. Since I did not try to research Halo 4 before it came out (I tried to just make it a personal surprise and prepare for the good and bad that the game would bring) I did not know much about the weapons. I played the campaign first in order to see the new weapons and familiarize myself with the gameplay, weapons, etc. Then I began the multiplayer experience and the huge “WTF” that came out of my mouth when I got blasted with that boltshot like a shotgun woke the neighbors. I literally though the guy hacked the game but then I went to some custom games with a friend and learned that about the weapon. Anyway, just agreeing with you on that point lol

Foreunner focus rifle anyone?

I really want a laser for the forerunner to have as their “auto secondary” so we can get the SMG and PR back!

So as long as it isn’t as deadly as a focus rifle Im all in for it!

Does sound neat.

Also, occasionally, it seems like Watchers would charge it up quite commonly, but they don’t use it very well, and are not accurate, and rarely hit me. If it does hit me, it feels more like a normal Boltshot attack. -_-

I can tell by that ring that appears in the Watcher’s face.

> Does sound neat.
>
> Also, occasionally, it seems like Watchers would charge it up quite commonly, but they don’t use it very well, and are not accurate, and rarely hit me. If it does hit me, it feels more like a normal Boltshot attack. -_-
>
> I can tell by that ring that appears in the Watcher’s face.

Is that what the ring is? I’ve wondered that myself. I’ll be looking for that next time I come across one.

Is that what the ring is? I’ve wondered that myself. I’ll be looking for that next time I come across one.
[/quote]
NO guys the ring on the watchers,crawlers and knights faces indicates when their about to use the binary rifle. they never charge up the boltshot.

Refresh my memory, the Sentinal beam was the one that fired similar to the Focus Rifle in Reach? If so, i agree, boltshot should’ve been the Sentinel Beam.

nice idea, i wouldnt mind the 3 burst option it had befor it became the bolt shot

Good point but I wouldn’t like to be hit by beams either.

Those Promethean turrets are already annoying. Only way to avoid them is to use cover (and I HATE using cover all the time. This is not a modern warfare game. This is a futuristic game where I’m supposed to be a god among men with insanely fast reflexes). At least you can semi-strafe, coughbarely strafecough the Boltshot’s standard shots.

You know what, just bring back CE Master Chief, who could strafe enemy needles, plasma pistol overcharges and Banshee bolts for 2 reasons: 1) the tracking of the Needler and plasma pistol wasn’t so powerful, they weren’t too fast, the Banshee wasn’t an accurate vehicle and 2) the enemy wasn’t so accurate.

Was hoping the sentinel beam or focus rifle would return. I like the idea. Instead of holding the boltshot down for a shotgun firing mode, you should be able to hold it for a sentinel blast.

This is one of the more original ideas I’ve seen, good job!

I’m not entirely sold on the idea, but I’d love to see what this would look like.

> > Does sound neat.
> >
> > Also, occasionally, it seems like Watchers would charge it up quite commonly, but they don’t use it very well, and are not accurate, and rarely hit me. If it does hit me, it feels more like a normal Boltshot attack. -_-
> >
> > I can tell by that ring that appears in the Watcher’s face.
>
> Is that what the ring is? I’ve wondered that myself. I’ll be looking for that next time I come across one.

Yes. If you look closely at a Watcher when that ring appears, you can see that it eventually fires and releases a bunch of hardlight rounds like a shotgun, and since they use Boltshots, it’s most likely an overcharged Boltshot.

@RAAMUS, the rings around the Knights and Crawlers are red, the ones I’m talking about are on the Watchers and are orange. Besides, Watchers will only use Boltshots, never using Binary Rifles or anything like that.

> @RAAMUS, the rings around the Knights and Crawlers are red, the ones I’m talking about are on the Watchers and are orange. Besides, Watchers will only use Boltshots, never using Binary Rifles or anything like that.

Oh yeah the watchers dont fire the binary rifles. But Ive never noticed them fire the overcharged boltshot either just normal boltshot rounds.