Boltshot rage

Huurrrduurrr angry post here!

Seriously though, the boltshot… I want your opinions on this.
I’m not one to really call out “this gun is OP, that gun is OP”
I don’t think the gun itself is OP, it’s quite nice. Though, I do believe it’s unnecessary as a loadout weapon with it being a 1-shot-kill.

I’m really hoping something is done about this in a title update sometime in the distant future. Much like how the gauss rifle has a limitation in multiplayer, the Boltshot needs one as well.

I think it should be nerfed it is just too powewrful for loadout.

I guess I just suck it with it. From what you guys say, it is a top-notch death dealer…but in my hands I may as well be -Yoink!- on my opponents foot.

If you miss with it you’re toast

I consider it a bad sidearm unless for surprise attacks!

It’s a mixed bag it seems, the majority of the players I’ve seen using it are very good with it, and seem to be the people who’ve been abusing it since launch.

It does indeed take some skill to use, as does any weapon. I still believe though, skill or not, a one-shot-kill weapon isn’t a good idea as a loadout choice

> a one-shot-kill weapon isn’t a good idea as a loadout choice

When you say it like that it’s hard to disagree!

TBH, I don’t use it that much, but when desperate times call for desperate measures, then Ill use it.

> I guess I just suck it with it. From what you guys say, it is a top-notch death dealer…but in my hands I may as well be -Yoink!- on my opponents foot.

This. Although that secondary fire has a very limited range, so in my opinion, it’s hard to say it’s OP. If you get caught out by someone using it and/or you don’t check your radar too often, it’s not the gun’s "OP"ness. I think I’ve been killed by it once.

> > I guess I just suck it with it. From what you guys say, it is a top-notch death dealer…but in my hands I may as well be -Yoink!- on my opponents foot.
>
> This. Although that secondary fire has a very limited range, so in my opinion, it’s hard to say it’s OP. If you get caught out by someone using it and/or you don’t check your radar too often, it’s not the gun’s "OP"ness. I think I’ve been killed by it once.

It’s challenging to use, but aside I still believe there shouldn’t be a one-shot-kill as a loadout. Play some Oddball/King of the hill on smaller maps and you’ll see a LOT of it

I would suggest a longer charge time.

I don’t think it should be a ones shot I think you should have to shoot then melee to kill someone because I faced a guy he was using the boltshot and I was using a shotgun I came in close enough to shoot and melee I shot and as a was going in to melee he killed me. I don’t think it should be that powerful, just my opinion.

> > I guess I just suck it with it. From what you guys say, it is a top-notch death dealer…but in my hands I may as well be -Yoink!- on my opponents foot.
>
> This. Although that secondary fire has a very limited range, so in my opinion, it’s hard to say it’s OP. If you get caught out by someone using it and/or you don’t check your radar too often, it’s not the gun’s "OP"ness. I think I’ve been killed by it once.

This

I’m not really trying to dispute if it’s OP or not. Just, that it seems unbalanced having it as a loadout weapon as a one shot kill

Become a more skillful player and realize how to avoid it. Roll with a team and don’t charge the guy who clearly just hid behind the corner herp derp. Knowing the difference between situations you can and cannot win is key in this game.

I thought so too before I started using it. For every kill I got with it, I’d miss another and die. I think that it’s just your perspective; you’re thinking about it, so you remember those deaths over others.

Granted, I see your point with it being a loadout weapon, but it’s too late to change it. It’s too weak to be a drop, and if you nerf it, then it’s useless. The magnum has a scope, PP destroys shields / stops cars / tracks a bit, and the Boltshot is a 1HK if you know how to use it.

You guys are trying to point out skill and situational awareness, when I’m not fighting the gun being OP or not. If you’re aware, if you’re skilled, yes, you can avoid it. With that logic you can avoid anything.

In debate, is it being a one hit kill on a loadout.

You talk about skill and such, but what if the person using it is incredibly skilled as well?

The point is, it’s a powerful weapon, especially in the hands of a skilled player. That being said, it shouldn’t be a one shot kill weapon, or, it shouldn’t be in a loadout. It’s a power weapon, it’s a shotgun you charge.

Playing someone with PV and the Boltshot is extremely frustrating, especially if they know the timing of the gun. I think the range should be drastically reduced and/or you shouldn’t be able to let go of the trigger to shoot it early. If you noticed, you don’t have to wait for the gun to ‘overcharge’ and shoot. You can shoot at your own discretion once the gun ‘blings’ out, as I call it lol.

The Boltshot is currently a corner camper’s wet dream. It has a small, discrete silhouette for when someone behind a corner pops out that doesn’t really register within a fraction of a second for its enemy to try and react to. When I kill people with a charged boltshot, Ive yet to see someone actually start running away when the charge starts. It makes very little noise when charging, has a charge that can be held for a second and it has a good amount of range. At the same time, though, its charge is its only good function. I’m pretty sure that ten shots from the weapon can’t kill a fully shielded player. These are my propositions to make it balanced:

1. Remove the functionality to hold a charge, i.e., once it charges, it fires. This makes a quick jump or strafe to avoid the charge shot possible. Currently, someone jumping can’t really avoid the shot since the Boltshot user can just wait and readjust their shot. This makes the weapon harder to use, which is not the case, currently.

2. Make the lights that extend from the weapon when it charges much, much brighter. This change will actually get players reacting to it in the same way they so when they see a sword user sprinting towards them: they -Yoinking!- run. The sword and hammer have very distinct silhouettes and telltales in the way they are colored and held (the sword is also very bright), so players who see them always know what they’re up against. With the Boltshot, the only telltale that it has are two slightly orange yellow flaps coming out on its sides with a similar value as the gun itself. It’s not easy to see coming like the sword is.

3. The charge needs to give a loud, obvious and distinct sound which can be heard around a corner. Once again, this is for players reacting to it properly, and having a “VREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” come from a charged Boltshot would be pretty cool, anyway.

4. Make the regular fire mode not suck so the charge isn’t its only good feature.

5. Have disintegrating enemies fly backwards when shot with a charge, as if they were hit with an explosive. That would be hilarious.

> I guess I just suck it with it. From what you guys say, it is a top-notch death dealer…but in my hands I may as well be -Yoink!- on my opponents foot.

It’s literally a mini shotgun once the slightly awkward learning curve is overcome.

> or you don’t check your radar too often, it’s not the gun’s "OP"ness.

People using the Boltshot aren’t affected by radar since they’re crouching.

I would know. <3

I’ts kind of like the sawed off of Halo 4 but when you add in the AA’s it can be worked around. My opinion ? I’ve only been killed by it once or twice with the shotgun chargeing thing but normally ive died about 3 times not really op to me but haveing maybe the radar flash on your screen when someones chargeing could be a workaround.

I really do get sick of being killed by the damn shotgun alt-fire when I should clearly otherwise kill the guy with it. It really frustrates me sometimes so yeah I think it’s a tad OP.