Boltshot : Possibly a Power Weapon? (Discuss)

Please Read all before discussing this topic. Also, leave a thoughtful comment.

Everyone knows how deadly the boltshot is if you charge it up and hit all
the shots on your enemy that it results in a instant death for your foe.

Well this weapon seems to be more useful than many think. This weapon should
highly be considered a “<mark>Power Weapon</mark>”.

With the boltshot you can get multi-kills if use correctly. I find this to be a
problem when its hard to get multi-kills with the magnum or the plasma pistol. The plasma pistol alone is hard to get multi-kills for the amount of time it takes to track on to an enemy and to switch to your primary to finish off your opponent.

The magnum simply can allow you to get many kills with the help of your team. Alone you wont rack up nearly as many kills as a good player with the boltshot
would.

I think the range of the boltshot is where it is scary. I understand its a Promethean weapon but its too powerful for a side arm. I highly think 343i should
consider making this weapon an ordnance drop or a power weapon all together.

I would rather see a weapon that people rarely have/get killing me than everyone having it and exploiting it. 343i really should make this weapon only have like 5 or 6 shots that all can be charged to kill a opponent.

I know many are probably thinking this is silly but is it really? Think of how deadly this weapon really is. Any close range map will make this weapon a favorite.

I highly think it should either only take down someones shields like the plasma
pistol or it should be a power weapon. Its far to deadly and should be looked at
to either be toned down or become in an ordnance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its a great weapon but it seriously just lowers the skill gap between good or descent players. I dont hate the weapon but i do wish it was implemented a different way. Almost any good player will get tons of kills on those with less
of skill and vice versa.

What do you guys think? Do you think is should be toned down? Should it become
a power weapon amongst the shotgun and sword? Discuss all about the boltshot here.

The range is too damn high!

I don’t know what you’re talking about… .My response to people using the boltshot on me is as follows… “BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Look at that moron sitting behind that corner with the stupid baby killer gun!!! TIME TO COMBINE THE POWER OF GEOMETRY WITH GRENADES!!!”

I agree I think it should be in an ordinance. I hate that weapon. I don’t understand how people can kill me with it 5 feet away but when I try they are invincible and can kill me. Wtf???

I love the weapon to be honest, and it’s so easy to beat.

  1. Use plasma grenades, it’s always a win-win.
  2. Use Active Camo. or Holograms, it always fools them for me.

> The range is too damn high!

I agree the range is too high. To all the people who say “dont get so close
to the enemies” Say that to a guy rushing you with a boltshock with another team
mate.

Just because its CQC weapon doesnt mean people can get the jump on you.
Its a 1 shot kill weapon for crying out loud.

Im not bringing this up for my sake but for others so this gun doesnt become
a starter for everyone. Its is OP and anyone who disagrees is someone that
uses it a lot or hasnt had it become annoying YET.

I think the bolt shot is fine for what it is…another weapon in the game.

My gripe with it is that you can select it as a loadout secondary weapon. Seems quite unbalanced giving people such a powerful short-range 1-hit-kill weapon to spawn with.

I mean, if the Needler is a power weapon…

I agree with the thread

> I mean, if the Needler is a power weapon…

my thoughts exactly

I think the issue is the range, and the fact that you can still charge it with a single bullet left in the clip.

The charge shot isn’t a set amount of bullets, it’s "The most it will take up is half of your magazine - ergo you can only get a maximum of 2 charged shots per magazine.

This is fundamentally flawed, you can get a charged shot, fire 4/5 single shots (headshots for squishies), and still have one more charged shot left. It should deplete an entire magazine, that, or require at least 75% of the magazine to charge.

In terms of it being a power weapon? Nah, that’s like putting PP in the power weapon bracket now because of its EMP charge.

> I think the issue is the range, and the fact that you can still charge it with a single bullet left in the clip.
>
> The charge shot isn’t a set amount of bullets, it’s "The most it will take up is half of your magazine - ergo you can only get a maximum of 2 charged shots per magazine.
>
> This is fundamentally flawed, you can get a charged shot, fire 4/5 single shots (headshots for squishies), and still have one more charged shot left. It should deplete an entire magazine, that, or require at least 75% of the magazine to charge.
>
> In terms of it being a power weapon? Nah, that’s like putting PP in the power weapon bracket now because of its EMP charge.

The EMP from the plasma pistol doesnt kill. So since the PP isnt a one-hit kill
weapon then you cant compare it to the boltshot.

The boltshot is like the PP+melee in a second with no time to respond with
a greater distance than a melee. So yes it is op to have one pistol dominate all
the others. How is that balanced??

> My gripe with it is that you can select it as a loadout secondary weapon. Seems quite unbalanced giving people such a powerful short-range 1-hit-kill weapon to spawn with.

How can you consider it unbalanced if everyone has the ability to choose it as a secondary? It is only unbalanced if you don’t choose it… so choose it.

can you really get a one hit kill with this gun?

Ive shot people point blank in the face with a full charge and it did even drop their shield all the way…

It’s considered one of the loadout weapons, but I do believe that the idea of making a miniature shotgun a loadout weapon is absurd. Want I want to know, is how people time it so right. It feels almost as if they’ve been holding the shot for a long time. I just can’t seem to time it right.

Personally I dont find it OP because you have to be pretty close and semi-accurate if you even want a one shot.

So it’s only a problem in the hands of a good player. And in my experience good players dont camo camp with boltshots.

Im sorry if you have been running into it a lot more than I have.

I see your point, I don’t use it and don’t come up against it often, but pretty soon it will be everywhere like the DMR. I think a charge should take more ammo and a set amount like maybe 7 shots so that after you fire it fully charged you can still defend yourself, but you’ll need a reload before you can do it again.

every gun is a power weapon now, except the plasma pistol, the rest can kill in 4 seconds or less…

> > My gripe with it is that you can select it as a loadout secondary weapon. Seems quite unbalanced giving people such a powerful short-range 1-hit-kill weapon to spawn with.
>
> How can you consider it unbalanced if everyone has the ability to choose it as a secondary? It is only unbalanced if you don’t choose it… so choose it.

yeah, your logic shows how unbalanced it is. If you HAVE to choose it, that shows it is not balanced with the rest of the secondaries.

Rename to Noisy Cricket.