Boltshot Overpowered

A gun that can easily kill in one shot close range should not be a starting weapon in matchmaking. It lowers the competitiveness of the game by pretty much obsoleting close-range melee battles.

It has significant charge up time. It is quite easy to kill someone who is charging it up, and simple map awareness can stop you being blindsided by a camper with one.

Please, it is not hard to avoid. If you are that upset about it, play slayer pro.

its not too bad unless you get people who wait around corners with promethean vision(which i always seem to get) thats just noobish and annoying.

I am not the best player by far, however when I see a Spartan running towards me with a small red glowing weapon I know what he has in mind so I just back up while shooting him in the head. Not saying that I have never fell prey to it, but not often enough to complain.

Please. a one second charge up time gives it a faster kill time then landing headshots with a primary precision weapon, minus the skill it takes to land 5 headshots.

Dont drop it, just make it not an instikill…

This gets polled every day. And the result is that it is “NO”, not overpowered.

Post in another one of the threads.

Learn to run from it.

Play a gamemode where it is less of a problem for you.

> It has significant charge up time. It is quite easy to kill someone who is charging it up, and simple map awareness can stop you being blindsided by a camper with one.

How can you prevent somebody crouching round a corner and 1-shotting you as you first see them? Answer: you can’t. And don’t even try and say “Promethean vision”. You shouldn’t need a specific AA to stop the game being completely unbalanced, and it’s ridiculous and unworkable to have to use it every time you want to walk round a damn corner.

> This gets polled every day. And the result is that it is “NO”, not overpowered.

If you can’t counter an argument but instead only pull up a long list of people that agree with you (but can’t counter the argument either) then you’re committing the argumentum ad populum logical fallacy. Yeah, go on, make a “hurr durr you think you’re smart using long words” reply. That’ll be an ad hominem, attacking me instead of the point I’ve raised.

I take it I am lucky and most of the matches I play just has everyone running around shooting each other as the game should be played.

It is overpowered in the right hands. I think it should use the whole clip, not just half. I also think to charge it, it should have to have the whole clip. Its crazy that you can charge it with just one shot left.

You can hear the boltshot charging up, just back up and jump. Really simple to avoid.

Okay greenhorns here are some tips so you dont get Bolt -Yoink- ed over and over.

1. If you see it charging BACK UP! Dont be stupid and try to double melee them or bet that your shot gun will kill them before they can kill you. In fact im sure this weapon was made to combat double meleeing due to its charge time and its very small kill range.

2. Know who is using it alot. This goes with map awareness, if you know who on the opposing team seems to use it more then you can play around them.

3. If the entire team is using them you may want to counter pick gear for it if you hate boltshots as much as OP does. I recommend Hardlight shield,PV, hologram for AA, Plasmas for grenades since the average BS user is going to talk in a stright line towards you if they are not hiding around a corner.

4. You can see the range of PV on your radar, if you just suddenly see a glow start up but in the centre no one is moving they are more likely then not camping with some kind of weapon. However this can be countered with wetwork if you have it or active camo with crouching so they cant see you to precharge a shot just as you walk around the corner.

5. Go as a TEAM, the boltshot is not great at takeing out alot of targets and can only kill 2 people on a single chip if both are instakill.

There ya go,

If you get destroyed by it, maybe you ought to adapt or start using it one. I run in to it quite often and I rarely die from it. I have it has a secondary as well. With the reload glitch, I can shoot twice rapidly with it and still lose the battle. Its not over powered, you just haven’t discovered the correct counter.

I’ll happily admit that I use the boltshot as part of my primary loadout but it’s not a massive game changer. If I see a blip chasing me though it’s a great trick to run around a corner, stop and throw a hologram and catch the pursuer as they come charging around the corner.

It tends to be the same players who get get caught out again and again though. If the enemy player is wise enough to pause for thought they often get away or turn the moment against me by keeping out of that tiny insta-kill range.

Insta-kill you once, shame on them. Insta-kill you twice, shame on you. Insta-kill you six or seven times… Seriously?!

> its not too bad unless you get people who wait around corners with promethean vision(which i always seem to get) thats just noobish and annoying.

Why is it that any tactic that works very well is considered noobish? Is being a Pro meaning you will bring a knife to a nuke fight? I’d rather be a noob and win than be a pro and lose.

> A gun that can easily kill in one shot close range should not be a starting weapon in matchmaking. It lowers the competitiveness of the game by pretty much obsoleting close-range melee battles.

Something tells me you are one of those people who always goes for a double beatdown where you can lol

Ehh, it’s not overpowered, but it gets tiring to hear 3+ Boltshots going off on some of the smaller maps.
I’ve seen people use only the Boltshots, either to get the Forerunner Loadout Mastery (I haven’t checked so I dunno), or to try and prove a point.

However, the people that camp around corners charging up their Boltshots are the devil. No way to avoid the blast. :confused:

The timing you need to use its secondary firing mode is exceptional, and even if you do time it right, the damage it deals is inconsistent, so the chances of a one-hit-kill are, while usually pretty decent, are anything but 100%. It’s also got a huge clip, and is very precise, but very nearly impossible to use over mid/long distances, seeing as how it’s damage output for single shots is practically nothing. It’s a close-up & personal gun.

Me and my cousin were thinking back to the rumors of a shotgun on load-out a while back and considering the bolt-shot vs the scattershot and honestly i think people would’ve had an easier time dealing with the scatter as a primary than the boltshot as a secondary