boltshot OP

This gun one shots up close when charged, and leads to a lot of camping. I have died countless times at this point to players crouched waiting around the corner with the thing charged.

It needs to maybe kill shields when charged but a 1 shot kill is way too powerful. I really dont like that players have a pocket shotgun to begin with, but i know they are not going to just take the gun out of the game

It’s not OP, and they don’t sit with it charged. You can only have it charged for like two seconds then it goes off. If you know they are going to charge it, then bait them. It’s pretty simple.

> It’s not OP, and they don’t sit with it charged. You can only have it charged for like two seconds then it goes off. If you know they are going to charge it, then bait them. It’s pretty simple.

^logic

it is super easy to charge it up when u see someone coming on the radar and one shot them. I see people only using this weapon because it is so strong.

Not OP. I only find it annoying when someone pairs it with camo and gets me. But hey thats a new tactic.

I’ve yet to be successful with this suicide gun. Charge it up and kill 1 guy immediately die to the 2nd because of the incredibly long after shot delay. Also: Promethean vision. this is why you have several load outs and instant respawns in slayer, So you can immediately switch to counter the tactics being used against you.

There are so many options to avoid it. You are just walking right into it predictably.

> This gun one shots up close when charged, and leads to a lot of camping. I have died countless times at this point to players crouched waiting around the corner with the thing charged.
>
> It needs to maybe kill shields when charged but a 1 shot kill is way too powerful. I really dont like that players have a pocket shotgun to begin with, but i know they are not going to just take the gun out of the game

bolt shot is not OP, noobs camping in corners with it is OP. or rush monkey beat downers that have no skill are OP.

> it is super easy to charge it up when u see someone coming on the radar and one shot them. I see people only using this weapon because it is so strong.

i use it to even the odds against double teaming nubs. get shot by double teamers, thrust around a wall, wait till they come chasing, pop out and one shot of the little -Yoinks!-. then own his butt buddy friend with a DMR. that is how it should be used and is meant to be used. the only thing that breaks it are the no skill campers. but the same can be said of any weapon, rockets anyone??

You must have been one of my victims. Muahahaha!

You guys are being ridiculous to the OP.

Yes, OP, it is very overpowered with its burst charge. So many people in CQC maps just run at you with the pistol, and it is obnoxious.

What I’d have done to the Bolshot:
-Range lowered
-Main damage raised

So lets remove the Shotgun while we’re at it? How about the Scattershot too?

The Boltshot is fine. Camping is a strategy. If you don’t believe me, watch anybody who has the Sniper Rifle. This is no different. Deal with it.

I only hope they don’t do to the Boltshot what they did to Halo 3’s Mauler… make it useless.

I use it quite a lot, but I do agree that it seems a little overpowered.

Definitely not OP, I don’t think I’ve ran into a moment where an opponents been able to successfully kill me with the thing yet. The thing is like a splazer, it will just go off after a few moments so if you miss-time it, you’re screwed. Plus, you have to get so close for that instant-kill. If you don’t charge it, it’s absolutely pointless. It’s really only good to stop noobs from rushing around corners. Also, if you rush around corners for one kill, you have yet to figure out Halo. I figured that out about half-way through my time in Halo 3 on the pit. You put your focus on surviving, not killing. I only say that because people think it’s a legitimate argument as to why it should be nerfed…

> Definitely not OP, I don’t think I’ve ran into a moment where an opponents been able to successfully kill me with the thing yet. The thing is like a splazer, it will just go off after a few moments so if you miss-time it, you’re screwed. Plus, you have to get so close for that instant-kill. If you don’t charge it, it’s absolutely pointless. It’s really only good to stop noobs from rushing around corners. <mark>Also, if you rush around corners for one kill, you have yet to figure out Halo. I figured that out about half-way through my time in Halo 3 on the pit. You put your focus on surviving, not killing. I only say that because people think it’s a legitimate argument as to why it should be nerfed…</mark>

This. Camping has always been present in Halo - long time players know what to do and what not to do.