Boltshot nerf without making it worthless

I think the boltshot is slightly overpowered but It should still be a one hot kill if not then everyone will just use the plasma pistol and the boltshot will be pointless. How I think they could fix it is by giving it a slightly longer charge time, an overcharged shot uses up one clip and decrease the range a bit. Anyone else agree or have any other idea?

I think that no starting weapon should be 1 shot 1 kill, so a nerf to the Boltshot is sure. Magnum should be the best secondary weapon for range, while Plasma should be the best for shield removing/vehicle disableing. About the Boltshot they could make it better at close range, so what about making it for example automatic? Chance to kill from close range but only if hitting all bullets :wink:

Promethean vision?
It amazes me how people complain about it. the tool to beat it are given to you. Use them on the maps that are likely to see bolt shot use.

Yeah That’s another good idea it would be pretty cool as an automatic, as it is when shooting it single fire is pathetically weak.

Ehm no one here is talking about promethion vision

The only nerf the Boltshot needs is an auditory and visual one.

The Boltshot charge needs to glow brighter, much brighter.

It also needs to make an easily distinguishable noise, like the Plasma Pistol.

Do you walk around the corner and get clotheslined by a Plasma Pistol/Melee combo? Not often, if at all. Why? Because there is no way in hell you can’t tell he is standing behind that wall with a Plasma Pistol overcharged. You can HEAR the charge, easily too. This prevents you from walking into it so long as you pay attention. This is how it should be with Boltshot, if you pay attention you deserve a warning.

This would mean that in order to ambush with the Boltshot you’d have to start the charge last second AND successfully hit. That can be quite hard and carries a huge risk. Start charging too late and you die. Miss and you die. Take too long to hit and they can even stick you (You get 10 points from a kill with this thing unless you score medals. If they stick/from the grave you they can easily get better then 40 or 50. You just pay for their ordnance then.)

If the Boltshot didn’t 1-shot-kill on charge it’d be the worst gun in the game. Even the Plasma Pistol is amazing in the way that it can totally shut out vehicles now. The Boltshots ONLY useful feature is the charge, nerf it and the gun might as well never have existed. People crying that the charge needs a damage nerf are just freshly butthurt over the way the gun works.

> The only nerf the Boltshot needs is an auditory and visual one.
>
> The Boltshot charge needs to glow brighter, much brighter.
>
> It also needs to make an easily distinguishable noise, like the Plasma Pistol.
>
>
> Do you walk around the corner and get clotheslined by a Plasma Pistol/Melee combo? Not often, if at all. Why? Because there is no way in hell you can’t tell he is standing behind that wall with a Plasma Pistol overcharged. You can HEAR the charge, easily too. This prevents you from walking into it so long as you pay attention. This is how it should be with Boltshot, if you pay attention you deserve a warning.
>
> This would mean that in order to ambush with the Boltshot you’d have to start the charge last second AND successfully hit. That can be quite hard and carries a huge risk. Start charging too late and you die. Miss and you die. Take too long to hit and they can even stick you (You get 10 points from a kill with this thing unless you score medals. If they stick/from the grave you they can easily get better then 40 or 50. You just pay for their ordnance then.)
>
>
> If the Boltshot didn’t 1-shot-kill on charge it’d be the worst gun in the game. Even the Plasma Pistol is amazing in the way that it can totally shut out vehicles now. The Boltshots ONLY useful feature is the charge, nerf it and the gun might as well never have existed. People crying that the charge needs a damage nerf are just freshly butthurt over the way the gun works.

I know this is a dead feed but I had to disagree with this post.

Yeah increased noise and glow would reduce camper kills. But the ridiculously short charge times mean I can whittle down a guys shield to nothing, have full myself, only for him to turn and one-shot me from a distance greater than a sword lunge. That is not how Halo is played.

No starting weapon should be a OHK.

If they dropped the damage it does to a deshielding blast at most, I’d be fine, though it could certainly benefit from having its range dropped as well.