Boltshot Infection?

If you have played halo3 or halo reach infection, you know you start with a shotgun and pistol. Apparently the boltshot does both of these. Meaning in infection if we spawn with just a boltshot we could have a mostly similar experience. It also makes more canonical sense as promethean weapons are built to fight flood. And it would be more fair to the zombies as killing them in close range requires proper timing.

But the Boltshot needs time to charge, so it wouldn’t be very useful. Maybe Scattershot and Boltshot starts?

> But the Boltshot needs time to charge, so it wouldn’t be very useful. Maybe Scattershot and Boltshot starts?

It would encourage less camping, because of its two to three second charge rate. That could be a certain Infection game variant.

Being able to choose between shotgun/magnum loadout and boltshot/scattershot would be best. Just a single boltshot would make you run out of ammo pretty quickly.

Could be quite cool. I’d rather spawn with a human shotgun and boltshot. As far as I know, the boltshot doesn’t have a scope but is still headshot capable. This would make it closer to the Halo 3’s magnum in infection and would prevent the pistol sniping we have in Reach which severely drains the fun from Living dead if you ask me.

I really like the flood id prob just get my self infected

lol

or not

or maybe multiple gametypes that give different options? i am so freakin’ glad about the Flood mode and i hope they also take other measures to expand Living Dead a little more. I got seriously addicted to Reach’s Living dead after my first year of owning it (never really cared for it before…?) but 90% of the games were alpha zombies and it really got old after a while. I even miss the days where Safe Havens was offered. they could throw objectives or other rules and whatnot into the mix to really make things interesting.

Not if I can have a shotgun or magnum.

I’m against the boltshot as a starting weapon for infection. Each shot drains half a total clip, you would need to give infinate ammo to humans and that would include infinate “PISTOL” shots! This would deter the gametype for all of the long cross map kills. Ammo conservation is key to preserving a skill gap and diversification. The scattershot would be the only promethian replacement I can suggest.

> Being able to choose between shotgun/magnum loadout and boltshot/scattershot would be best. Just a single boltshot would make you run out of ammo pretty quickly.

An infinite ammo boltshot or an increased ammo boltshot.
The reason I don’t want a scattershot is because if you charge a boltshot you get a shotgun.

> I’m against the boltshot as a starting weapon for infection. Each shot drains half a total clip, you would need to give infinate ammo to humans and that would include infinate “PISTOL” shots! This would deter the gametype for all of the long cross map kills. Ammo conservation is key to preserving a skill gap and diversification. The scattershot would be the only promethian replacement I can suggest.

SKILL?!

Infection is for fun!

> Could be quite cool. I’d rather spawn with a human shotgun and boltshot. As far as I know, the boltshot doesn’t have a scope but is still headshot capable. This would make it closer to the Halo 3’s magnum in infection and would prevent the pistol sniping we have in Reach which severely drains the fun from Living dead if you ask me.

Perfect!
That makes it less torture for the zombies!

> > But the Boltshot needs time to charge, so it wouldn’t be very useful. Maybe Scattershot and Boltshot starts?
>
> It would encourage less camping, because of its two to three second charge rate. That could be a certain Infection game variant.

Exactly my point! That’s why I thought of this.

one of the reasons Reach Living Dead sucked is because every Human spawned with, basically, a mini DMR.

Since Halo 4’s Magnum has the scope, the only way to fix the “mini DMR” spawns is replace the Magnum in Infection with the Boltshot. I’ve been debating to give the Humans either the Shotgun or the Scattershot, leaning more towards Scattershot since it has 1 less bullet in a clip and because disintegrating Flood in Flood Mode makes sense.

So, for Halo 4’s Living Dead, the Flood Mode gametype needs Humans to spawn with Scattershot and Boltshot. This makes it more fun/balanced.

But for your idea, OP. I see a few positives. Everyone gets a pistol (not overpowered because it doesn’t have a scope) and a Shotgun at the same time. This is a win. Because the Boltshot’s shotgun takes a few seconds to chrage, this leaves them vulnerable and makes being the Flood have a better chance. However, Headshots need to be disabled. Otherwise, everyone will just use the standard firing, because it kills much quicker and doesn’t waste many shots. But with Headshots disabled, this adds a Risk vs. Reward.

> one of the reasons Reach Living Dead sucked is because every Human spawned with, basically, a mini DMR.
>
> Since Halo 4’s Magnum has the scope, the only way to fix the “mini DMR” spawns is replace the Magnum in Infection with the Boltshot. I’ve been debating to give the Humans either the Shotgun or the Scattershot, leaning more towards Scattershot since it has 1 less bullet in a clip and because disintegrating Flood in Flood Mode makes sense.
>
> So, for Halo 4’s Living Dead, the Flood Mode gametype needs Humans to spawn with Scattershot and Boltshot. This makes it more fun/balanced.

Why not JUST a boltshot?

It’s a shotgun AND a pistol!

> one of the reasons Reach Living Dead sucked is because every Human spawned with, basically, a mini DMR.
>
> Since Halo 4’s Magnum has the scope, the only way to fix the “mini DMR” spawns is replace the Magnum in Infection with the Boltshot. I’ve been debating to give the Humans either the Shotgun or the Scattershot, leaning more towards Scattershot since it has 1 less bullet in a clip and because disintegrating Flood in Flood Mode makes sense.
>
> So, for Halo 4’s Living Dead, the Flood Mode gametype needs Humans to spawn with Scattershot and Boltshot. This makes it more fun/balanced.
>
> But for your idea, OP. I see a few positives. Everyone gets a pistol (not overpowered because it doesn’t have a scope) and a Shotgun at the same time. This is a win. Because the Boltshot’s shotgun takes a few seconds to chrage, this leaves them vulnerable and makes being the Flood have a better chance. However, Headshots need to be disabled. Otherwise, everyone will just use the standard firing, because it kills much quicker and doesn’t waste many shots. But with Headshots disabled, this adds a Risk vs. Reward.

This I like!

> Not if I can have a shotgun or magnum.

That wouldn’t be an option in the game.
You only spawn with a boltshot. And it would have no headshots (idea by hal0 m4n).

> But the Boltshot needs time to charge, so it wouldn’t be very useful. Maybe Scattershot and Boltshot starts?

It’s good that the boltshot takes time to charge. It makes it a little more fair for the flood. Do you know how many “BULLTRUE” medals there were in infection on the previous halo games. I’m trying to make it more FUN and less FRUSTRATING.

where is this flood mode mentioned? Please provide a linky.

To stay in the realm of mating canon with multiplayer, I suggest that Flood Mode should only use Forerunner weapons, seeing as the Promethean weaponry in Halo 4 was specifically designed to combat the Flood.