Boltshot for Halo 5

I have a idea for the boltshot in Halo 5.

Make it like the mauler except you have to charge it up. That way it’s not a “pocket shotty” so people can counter it.

Next, make it so the cool down time after a charged shot is shorter so then a headshot could finish the person off or 6 or 7 shots to the body to kill with no shield.

I really didn’t like the Boltshot - perhaps if they sort it out to make it not a secondary weapon then perhaps I would enjoy it slightly more in H5!

I think it ought to just be completely removed. There’s really no point to having it in the game at all.

It should be removed completely. No one should ever spawn with a one hit kill weapon, no matter what the range.

The Boltshot would be absolutely fine if players were not given the option to spawn with it. It would just be a semi-power weapon like the Mauler was.

> I really didn’t like the Boltshot - perhaps if they sort it out to make it not a secondary weapon then perhaps I would enjoy it slightly more in H5!

Or we can just leave the Boltshot alone and fire the concept of “secondaries” into the sun.

That way we can have interesting weapons like the Plasma Pistol nd Boltshot without people having a cow. Don’t blame the boltshot, blame personal loadouts.

Boltshot works fine as a power weapon. Should be range buffed and put on the map.

I’ve thought about the melee thing, and here’s what I think about it:
Drop it. Why? The Plasma Pistol can do the exact same thing, but isn’t annoying/whatever because the shot has to be good. With the Boltshot, aim, charge, melee, like it’s a joke.

Instead, I want the Boltshot dropped, and bring in the two cut secondaries from Halo 4:
Burst Pistol
Bishop Pistol

The Burst Pistol does exactly what you think it does, while the Bishop Pistol is essentially a toned down Sentinel Beam in your pocket. These two are much, much better options than the Boltshot.

the ideal Bolt Shot would be a in between limited range last resort fall back pistol also the charged one shot would expend the entire clip

Firstly, there is always that one guy.

Secondly, Boltshot or anything similar as a loadout weapon; hands down NO

Reintroduction of the Mauler or something similar is a yes!

> I think it ought to just be completely removed. There’s really no point to having it in the game at all.

Campaign?

Shotgun
Sword
Hammer
Scattershot

We already have enough CQC weapons. We don’t need more.

Make the Boltshot like the Boltok from Gears. Heck, give it a 3SK with little to no aim assist and recreate the CE Magnum.

> Boltshot works fine as a power weapon. Should be range buffed and put on the map.

Needs a lot more done to it to justify making it a Power Weapon.

The only reason people hate the Boltshot is because they got their -Yoinks!- kicked by it. Its basic shot is -Yoink- unless you get a heatshot. I’ve been Bolted just like i’m sure all of us here have been as well i just did the right thing. I didn’t complain i found away round the issue.

Here is how you balance the Boltshot. Just don’t let people spawn with it. Alot of people like the Railgun, but if you could spawn with it everyone would complain. There is nothing wrong with the gun besides how useless the standard fire is.Rip that guns charged shoot into a third of its power ruins the gun unless its ROT could be sped up.

Lets put it down as a power weapon just like every other Forerunner weapon should be.

Whether we keep the boltshot or not, it doesn’t need to be a loudout weapon.

Instead of the boltshot, I would like to see the mauler brought back altogether. Both weapons have no business being in the secondary weapon slot off spawn. One shot kill weapons should spawn around the map or in ordnance drops.

> Whether we keep the boltshot or not, it doesn’t need to be a loudout weapon.

Why the hell not? There’s no situation in which you’d rather have a boltshot over a shotgun, rocket, or sword and I’d even take the concussion rifle, sticky detonator, and hammer over it as well. The issue with it is merely culture shock, the idea that you can spawn with a powerful charge up weapon that kills people at close range WITHOUT having to punch them within a half-second is simply too foreign for the conservatives among us not to react blearily to.

“Earagh! Not in my Halo!”

Moving forward I’d love to see non-traditional variety weapons populate our loadouts. To hell with AR/SMG/Pistol knock offs, let’s have some weapons that HAVEN’T been conceptually played to death in EVERY shooter that has EVER existed.

> > Whether we keep the boltshot or not, it doesn’t need to be a loudout weapon.
>
> Why the hell not? There’s no situation in which you’d rather have a boltshot over a shotgun, rocket, or sword and I’d even take the concussion rifle, sticky detonator, and hammer over it as well. The issue with it is merely culture shock, the idea that you can spawn with a powerful charge up weapon that kills people at close range WITHOUT having to punch them within a half-second is simply too foreign for the conservatives among us not to react blearily to.
>
> “Earagh! Not in my Halo!”
>
> Moving forward I’d love to see non-traditional variety weapons populate our loadouts. To hell with AR/SMG/Pistol knock offs, let’s have some weapons that HAVEN’T been conceptually played to death in EVERY shooter that has EVER existed.

So, because it’s not the most powerful weapon it’s okay? You know, I can’t think of a situation where I’d prefer a Shotgun, Sniper, or Rocket Launcher over a Target Locator that fires a MAC strike on the map, but that doesn’t mean those other weapons should be in loadouts.

You seem not to understand how it is bad for a player to have a 1sk weapon in their pocket off of spawn. I’m not even going to bother to explain why, because it has already been done a thousand times.

Now you want a large variety of weapons that all behave completely different to be put into loadouts. That’s great, just add more random and uncontrollable factors into the game to make it more frustrating for players,

> > Whether we keep the boltshot or not, it doesn’t need to be a loudout weapon.
>
> Why the hell not? There’s no situation in which you’d rather have a boltshot over a shotgun, rocket, or sword and I’d even take the concussion rifle, sticky detonator, and hammer over it as well. The issue with it is merely culture shock, the idea that you can spawn with a powerful charge up weapon that kills people at close range WITHOUT having to punch them within a half-second is simply too foreign for the conservatives among us not to react blearily to.
>
> “Earagh! Not in my Halo!”
>
> Moving forward I’d love to see non-traditional variety weapons populate our loadouts. To hell with AR/SMG/Pistol knock offs, let’s have some weapons that HAVEN’T been conceptually played to death in EVERY shooter that has EVER existed.

If it is a 1 hit kill it’s going to be a problem regardless of how effective it is. And I’m not sure you are giving the Boltshot enough credit. Even with the TU it still has an instant kill range longer than the range of the sword, hammer and Scattershot.

The thing is, a weapon like this directly conflicts with the power weapon metagame. Shotgun weapons are supposed to be fought after commodities, they are supposed to provide you with a ‘power’ that is not available from spawn. That’s the point. If you obtain that weapon you have gained an ability that other people don’t have, so you know if you position yourself into a close range encounter you have a clear distinct advantage.

If you want to provide a spawn tier weapon that puts you into the CQB role. Close range automatics are the clear way to go. They have a healthy relationship with shotguns/ swords… They have a little more range but they can’t instant kill, giving the power weapons a clear niche to exploit.

You should never be able to spawn with a 1sk weapon.

> You should never be able to spawn with a 1sk weapon.

This here folks, is the GOLDEN RULE. Remember it.