Boarding should not destroy vehicles.

So anyone who has played Halo recently knows how -Yoink- crazy boarding is against tanks and mantis. Now its fine with Warthogs, Ghosts and Banshees. Yet for Tanks and Mantis it is a little too strong.

Boarding a tank should not blow that -Yoink- up. Maybe destroy the hatch. Maybe if you use grenades on the back. Yet punching tanks should not blow them up.

I mean damn, We got plasma pistols, nades, rockets, SNIPERS FOR F-SAKE. I know tanks need balance but boarding them is balance enough. Blowing them up like they are made of gasoline and matches is silly.

So please, 343, you can make boarding easier, you can make tanks slower, but when I board a tank I’d like to be able to use it again, boarding is suppost to be a way to take away vehicles from enemies, not get rid of vehicles.

You must be one of those guys that doesn’t get off the scorpion even after you kill the driver.

You obviously don’t know how to kill a driver of a tank without destroying the tank. Seriously, I usually just stand, kneel, and punch into the hatch. Kills the driver and barely takes the armor off.

Pretty easy, you just have to be clever about getting on the tank.

Honestly I’ve found it really silly that a spartan smacking on the front of a Wraith causes the whole thing to explode.

The weakest point should always be the rear turbine or whatever that is.

Along with a certain area on the gun itself.

Wasn’t it Halo 2 that had weak points on all the vehicles? This is a tad off topic, but I remember being able to snipe the fuel tank on the side of the ghost and it blowing up in one shot.

There were weak points for other vehicles, but I don’t remember them for the time being. Would love to see that return a little more prominently.

> Wasn’t it Halo 2 that had weak points on all the vehicles? This is a tad off topic, but I remember being able to snipe the fuel tank on the side of the ghost and it blowing up in one shot.
>
> There were weak points for other vehicles, but I don’t remember them for the time being. Would love to see that
> return a little more prominently.

I think this was in CE if I remember correctly

> You obviously don’t know how to kill a driver of a tank without destroying the tank. Seriously, I usually just stand, kneel, and punch into the hatch. Kills the driver and barely takes the armor off.
>
> Pretty easy, you just have to be clever about getting on the tank.

None of that should be necessary. In Halo 3 you could simply get out when being boarded and let someone take the vehicle.

I wish the community would focus on bringing that and other more important things back than complaining about getting killed in CQC by a boltshot or how too many people are using the Lightrifle.

> > Wasn’t it Halo 2 that had weak points on all the vehicles? This is a tad off topic, but I remember being able to snipe the fuel tank on the side of the ghost and it blowing up in one shot.
> >
> > There were weak points for other vehicles, but I don’t remember them for the time being. Would love to see that
> > return a little more prominently.
>
> I think this was in CE if I remember correctly

Isn’t that impossible though? You couldn’t destroy vehicles in CE

> > You obviously don’t know how to kill a driver of a tank without destroying the tank. Seriously, I usually just stand, kneel, and punch into the hatch. Kills the driver and barely takes the armor off.
> >
> > Pretty easy, you just have to be clever about getting on the tank.
>
> None of that should be necessary. In Halo 3 you could simply get out when being boarded and let someone take the vehicle.
>
> I wish the community would focus on bringing that and other more important things back than complaining about getting killed in CQC by a boltshot or how too many people are using the Lightrifle.

You do make a good point, this is something that needs to be brought back. The only way you should be stuck in your vehicle is if a grenade gets planted.

But the boltshot is a huge problem in CQC, let’s not downplay that.

It doesn’t make much sense, but then again, we are fighting aliens in the future.

I can suspend belief enough to imagine Chief hulk-smashing a heavily armored tank.

I’d also be okay if they took away the beat-down board and instead left us with only the grenade plant.

“Hold X to flip Scorpion”

If we can turn over the 20-ton tank, we can punch holes into the 20-ton tank.
If you’re going to board a tank, you should have grenades on you. Sure, you can melee the -Yoink!- out of it, bu it takes more time, and you could be picked off easier.

> > > Wasn’t it Halo 2 that had weak points on all the vehicles? This is a tad off topic, but I remember being able to snipe the fuel tank on the side of the ghost and it blowing up in one shot.
> > >
> > > There were weak points for other vehicles, but I don’t remember them for the time being. Would love to see that
> > > return a little more prominently.
> >
> > I think this was in CE if I remember correctly
>
> Isn’t that impossible though? You couldn’t destroy vehicles in CE

You could only destroy Covenant vehicles.

> > > > Wasn’t it Halo 2 that had weak points on all the vehicles? This is a tad off topic, but I remember being able to snipe the fuel tank on the side of the ghost and it blowing up in one shot.
> > > >
> > > > There were weak points for other vehicles, but I don’t remember them for the time being. Would love to see that
> > > > return a little more prominently.
> > >
> > > I think this was in CE if I remember correctly
> >
> > Isn’t that impossible though? You couldn’t destroy vehicles in CE
>
> You could only destroy Covenant vehicles.

Really? Even for the Banshee?

But yeah, it’s the H2 Ghost that has this feature.

Changes from Halo: Combat Evolved to Halo 2[edit]

The Ghost in Halo: Combat Evolved was a considerable vehicle to face down in both the campaign and in multiplayer. In Halo 2 the Ghost has changed considerably, the first major change being that the vehicle does not travel as fast as it did in the first game but now has a boost feature to help give it a speed boost, and is slightly smaller than its Combat Evolved counterpart and is lower to the ground. The Ghost’s plasma cannons have a higher rate of fire, the fire also alternates between cannons which makes it far more accurate instead of both at the same rate and time. The air brake feature which allowed the front of the Ghost to point upward at a 60 degree angle has been removed. When its exposed reactor tank takes enough damage the player will immediately eject and the vehicle will explode. A destroyed Ghost will detonate by itself several seconds after its initial destruction due to the propulsion drive overloading. This explosion can harm players. Several aesthetic upgrades were added to the Ghost such as new sound effects, new textures and a generated anti-gravity field to display its hover ability. The plasma bolts also have a lower velocity, and will deionize faster.

(from Halopedia)

Tank Boarding is a little ridiculous in H4, the Tank takes in more damage than the driver does, so you always end up blowing the vehicle before the driver dies. In past halos, you could board a Tank, and punch the driver to death without critically damaging the vehicle.

343i should revert the boarding system back to past Halo styles. If i decide to punch the vehicle rather than Grenade it, i should be able to potentially commandeer it.