Boarding Hunters: And other Large Stuff

After seeing Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, you have to admit, when the Chief boarded that Hunter it was probably one of the coolest things you & I have ever seen.

So I suggest, for Halo Xbox One, why don’t you let us board Hunters like that (assuming they are in HXO), or any other large enemy.

I know during the development of Halo 3 Bungie played with the idea of boarding a Scarab by taking an Assault Bomb and climbing up the legs to try and bring it down.

Good Idea? Bad Idea? Don’t Care? Let me know!

Was going to be a thing actually in Reach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL8-A00Pdkg

That would be a swell idea. That feature alone would make Halo Xbox One “the cat’s pajamas.”

Those Brutes were huge!!!

If they ever come back I want them to be that big!!

Oh yeah Boarding would be cool too!

3 ways to balance it:

1. Make it so it’s only possible to do it after removing the back armor

2. Once you board the Hunter, you have a limited amount of time to do w/e before the game forces you off (like what happened with the Prophet of Regret in Halo 2)

3. Add more Hunter variants and make some of them immune to boarding

It’s definitely a good idea, but the Hunters should not be treated solely as vehicles. They are also infantry.

> Was going to be a thing actually in Reach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL8-A00Pdkg

After watching that video, only one thought enters my mind…

?!WHY IN BLUE BLAZES WAS MOST OF THAT SCRAPPED!?

Seriously, a lot of that would have been really cool!

• Boarding Hunters? Awesome!

• Global Battle? Awesome!

How strange it is that they didn’t put these things in. I hope they put stuff like this in Halo 5 / Xbox One.

> > Was going to be a thing actually in Reach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL8-A00Pdkg
>
> After watching that video, only one thought enters my mind…
>
> ?!WHY IN BLUE BLAZES WAS MOST OF THAT SCRAPPED!?
>
> Seriously, a lot of that would have been really cool!
>
> - Boarding Hunters? Awesome!
>
> - Global Battle? Awesome!
>
> How strange it is that they didn’t put these things in. I hope they put stuff like this in Halo 5 / Xbox One.

Because Bungie have made -Yoinking!- stupid mistakes in the past

D’:

Well, as I said I hope 343i considers putting this stuff in.

> 3 ways to balance it:
>
> 1. Make it so it’s only possible to do it after removing the back armor
>
> 2. Once you board the Hunter, you have a limited amount of time to do w/e before the game forces you off (like what happened with the Prophet of Regret in Halo 2)
>
> 3. Add more Hunter variants and make some of them immune to boarding
>
> It’s definitely a good idea, but the Hunters should not be treated solely as vehicles. They are also infantry.

I see where you’re getting, but why would we have to balance campaign? It’s campaign.

> > Was going to be a thing actually in Reach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL8-A00Pdkg
>
> After watching that video, only one thought enters my mind…
>
> ?!WHY IN BLUE BLAZES WAS MOST OF THAT SCRAPPED!?
>
> Seriously, a lot of that would have been really cool!
>
> - Boarding Hunters? Awesome!
>
> - Global Battle? Awesome!
>
> How strange it is that they didn’t put these things in. I hope they put stuff like this in Halo 5 / Xbox One.

IKR?! All that stuff would’ve made Halo 3 and Reach AMAZING! Probably the technical space required to do those features was a crap ton and didn’t have enough room to put that stuff in.

> > 3 ways to balance it:
> >
> > 1. Make it so it’s only possible to do it after removing the back armor
> >
> > 2. Once you board the Hunter, you have a limited amount of time to do w/e before the game forces you off (like what happened with the Prophet of Regret in Halo 2)
> >
> > 3. Add more Hunter variants and make some of them immune to boarding
> >
> > It’s definitely a good idea, but the Hunters should not be treated solely as vehicles. They are also infantry.
>
> I see where you’re getting, but why would we have to balance campaign? It’s campaign.

Because it’s too easy, CE had it right

> IKR?! All that stuff would’ve made Halo 3 and Reach AMAZING! Probably the technical space required to do those features was a crap ton and didn’t have enough room to put that stuff in.

That’s a shame… :frowning:

Well, 343 shouldn’t have a problem with the storage space on the Xbox One, so they’ve just got to put this stuff in. It would be epic!

> > > 3 ways to balance it:
> > >
> > > 1. Make it so it’s only possible to do it after removing the back armor
> > >
> > > 2. Once you board the Hunter, you have a limited amount of time to do w/e before the game forces you off (like what happened with the Prophet of Regret in Halo 2)
> > >
> > > 3. Add more Hunter variants and make some of them immune to boarding
> > >
> > > It’s definitely a good idea, but the Hunters should not be treated solely as vehicles. They are also infantry.
> >
> > I see where you’re getting, but why would we have to balance campaign? It’s campaign.
>
> Because it’s too easy, CE had it right

You’ve got a point. If we could just walk behind a Hunter and do this straight away, Hunters would go from one of the harder enemies to fight to one of the easiest. And we don’t want that!

> > > > 3 ways to balance it:
> > > >
> > > > 1. Make it so it’s only possible to do it after removing the back armor
> > > >
> > > > 2. Once you board the Hunter, you have a limited amount of time to do w/e before the game forces you off (like what happened with the Prophet of Regret in Halo 2)
> > > >
> > > > 3. Add more Hunter variants and make some of them immune to boarding
> > > >
> > > > It’s definitely a good idea, but the Hunters should not be treated solely as vehicles. They are also infantry.
> > >
> > > I see where you’re getting, but why would we have to balance campaign? It’s campaign.
> >
> > Because it’s too easy, CE had it right
>
> You’ve got a point. If we could just walk behind a Hunter and do this straight away, Hunters would go from one of the harder enemies to fight to one of the easiest. And we don’t want that!

Yeah, I think what Ghost said is reasonable, the Hunters were fairly easy in CE with the Pistol and Sniper, but if you don’t have one of those they were fairly challenging, they felt like a boss fight, however since 2 that hasn’t been the case imo

> > > > > 3 ways to balance it:
> > > > >
> > > > > 1. Make it so it’s only possible to do it after removing the back armor
> > > > >
> > > > > 2. Once you board the Hunter, you have a limited amount of time to do w/e before the game forces you off (like what happened with the Prophet of Regret in Halo 2)
> > > > >
> > > > > 3. Add more Hunter variants and make some of them immune to boarding
> > > > >
> > > > > It’s definitely a good idea, but the Hunters should not be treated solely as vehicles. They are also infantry.
> > > >
> > > > I see where you’re getting, but why would we have to balance campaign? It’s campaign.
> > >
> > > Because it’s too easy, CE had it right
> >
> > You’ve got a point. If we could just walk behind a Hunter and do this straight away, Hunters would go from one of the harder enemies to fight to one of the easiest. And we don’t want that!
>
> Yeah, I think what Ghost said is reasonable, the Hunters were fairly easy in CE with the Pistol and Sniper, but if you don’t have one of those they were fairly challenging, they felt like a boss fight, however since 2 that hasn’t been the case imo

Yeah I remember. With the pistol on Halo CE, Hunters were too easy. Without it they were much more of a threat. In future Halo they need to make them intimidating and powerful again.

It would make it too easy to take out a hunter.

Being able to do what master chief done in Halo: FUD with the hunter in Halo XB1 would be awesome

> It would make it too easy to take out a hunter.

But when you think about it, when you get up behind a hunter it swings its shield arm to try and hit you and you have to avoid it, so I wouldn’t class this move as ‘easy’.

> > It would make it too easy to take out a hunter.
>
>
> But when you think about it, when you get up behind a hunter it swings its shield arm to try and hit you and you have to avoid it, so I wouldn’t class this move as ‘easy’.

1. Make it so the Hunters are clever enough to change turning melee direction when they realize they are missing the player. Just like the Argorok boss in Twilight Princess.

Wow that all seemed amazing, why did they scrap it