Blunt questions about LASO

I’ve been playing the Halo games since the original CE release, and have typically completed every achievement on the FPS Halo games. I’m interested in attempting the LASO achievements but there’s a hitch: I’m EXTREMELY time-poor.

Is it worth even attempting this, or is each LASO something you have to spend an entire day attempting?

One day per LASO would probably be world record lol.
Expect a week per game if you have other things to do like work or school…

there are missions that can be done in 20 minutes but there are also a few that will take you more than 3 or 4 hours :wink:

> 2533274836621918;1:
> I’ve been playing the Halo games since the original CE release, and have typically completed every achievement on the FPS Halo games. I’m interested in attempting the LASO achievements but there’s a hitch: I’m EXTREMELY time-poor.
>
> Is it worth even attempting this, or is each LASO something you have to spend an entire day attempting?

average players usually will take 11 to 12 hours to complete laso campaign from h3,h4 ODST,reach but h1 and and especially h2 are the hardest which may takes couples of days to complete them

> 2533274835715555;2:
> One day per LASO would probably be world record lol.
> Expect a week per game if you have other things to do like work or school…
>
> there are missions that can be done in 20 minutes but there are also a few that will take you more than 3 or 4 hours :wink:

Is it even worth starting/attempting if I can only play 2-3 hours per week (max), and have a hard stop on December 31?

> 2533274836621918;4:
> > 2533274835715555;2:
> > One day per LASO would probably be world record lol.
> > Expect a week per game if you have other things to do like work or school…
> >
> > there are missions that can be done in 20 minutes but there are also a few that will take you more than 3 or 4 hours :wink:
>
> Is it even worth starting/attempting if I can only play 2-3 hours per week (max), and have a hard stop on December 31?

Something worth nothing is that even though the iron skull is included, you can still save/quit because you do get checkpoints in LASO, you just never see the “Checkpoint…Done” due to the blind skull so you have to pay attention to when the game pauses for a split second which indicates a checkpoint.

i say that so you’re not under the impression that you have to do an entire level in one sitting. It’s something you can work at over time, as long as you remember to save and quit every time you die because if you forget, you’re back to the start of the level.

I would recommend trying out ODST’s Laso playlist (the Nonstop Action one does not include Mombasa Streets) and seeing how it feels, remembering to put a post-it note or something on your screen to serve as your reticle. That said, some ODST missions took me a few hours each so you might be looking at one level a week on average in your position, minus Uplift Reserve and Kikowani which are both still easy on LASO.

Personally having done them all myself, I do not recommend anyone attempt these insults of achievements (200g for finishing all of them lol), they are insanely stressful and time consuming but if you are a completionist such as myself I probably can’t stop you from trying.

My advice would be to do one mission per day until all the campaigns are complete. It’s going to be a rough ride on some of those missions though.

Just to warn you:
The worst mission for me was Regret. Then gravemind. Then The Truth and Reconciliation.
All other missions are easy or you can skip a lot. For example in Halo 4 there are sooo many ways to get out of map and skip whole missions so it‘s definitely worth watching youtube videos before starting that!

just to say: If I say easy that still means the mission can take you around 2 hours or even more :wink:

I’d look up speedruns and exploits that you can use to work around some of the harder levels and like some of the others said, take it bit by bit.

LASO runs are not friendly to anyone, regardless of your plans.

One day? That’s optimistic. I did it coop with my wife, we give ourselves one day per MISSION. Sure, I guess you could try to cram it all in one day, but after grinding through one mission, we tend to just need a break. LASO requires thinking the level out and making a plan, you’ll likely end up being force to play levels in ways you’ve never imagined before. We’re actually still working on it, so I can’t speak to the difficulty of The Library and beyond, but:

POA took like one hour, mostly because it was our first time going into LASO and took a while to get used to, but once we had it down, we were able to get through it pretty easily. We skipped some of the harder fights like the stairwell using speedrun strats.

Halo took a good four hours, there were some spots where we would just be constantly surrounded and it took a descent amount of planning and experimentation to figure out exactly where to go. Turns out, you can pretty much bypass the wave of phantoms because the AI’s navmesh doesn’t extend to the entire area and and the light bridge fight can be snuck around, but not in the same way as speedrunning. We killed the marines instead of the covenant because the game only requires you to actually fight one out of the three groups.

T&R took four or five MONTHS. Not Yoinking! you, we probably attempted and failed it twenty times. You have just barely enough ammo and if you run out, it’s mission over. You can’t run past the enemies, nor are you in close enough quarters just beat them all down. Keyes will always stick to player 2, which was nice, but I don’t know how anyone could possibly beat it single player without Keyes dying. You’ll probably need to learn a despawn trick. Our final stream time for the end of the mission was about 5 hours.

SC was nothing, took less than an hour. The entire trip down can be skipped by jumping down the shaft, and most of the trip back up can be skipped with the camo.

AOTCR takes 20 minutes, the speedrun strat works.

343 is also nothing, easily less than an hour, the only difficult part is the final section, but taking a wide path tends to keep the flood thin. Make sure you know how to end the level as quickly as possible (kill the sentinals.)

Does anyone know if the Laso Checkpoint glitch still works? I know that if someone has the checkpoints for the completed laso playlist they can invite others, then save and quit and “share” those checkpoints. Really hope it still works and if anyone is willing to help me out

LASO took me 1 hour to do one mission on halo 3 with one of my friends and we both have 5k gamerscore on mcc and 50s good luck wasting u time :slight_smile:

> 2533274815570518;10:
> Does anyone know if the Laso Checkpoint glitch still works? I know that if someone has the checkpoints for the completed laso playlist they can invite others, then save and quit and “share” those checkpoints. Really hope it still works and if anyone is willing to help me out

No not anymore because 343 fixed it I mean broken it

> 2535452894170488;12:
> > 2533274815570518;10:
> > Does anyone know if the Laso Checkpoint glitch still works? I know that if someone has the checkpoints for the completed laso playlist they can invite others, then save and quit and “share” those checkpoints. Really hope it still works and if anyone is willing to help me out
>
> No not anymore because 343 fixed it I mean broken it

Yea that’s what I’ve been hearing. Oh well one mission a day it is, may the rings bless me on this one