Blue team armour pressing concerns

I liked the Master Chief’s armour in Halo 4 and I even liked it more when Blue team’s armour looked both distinct and somewhat similar to his armour. It really showed the better military design of the UNSC and made them more realistic and believable as super soldiers. You look at both the infantry, ground/ air vehicles as well as weapons and you see how sophisticated their designs are.
If they’re gonna make the Mark VI look like Forward Unto Dawn movie are they likewise gonna downgrade the rest of Blue teams armour and revert the Arbiters armour as well. I like it the way it is and I don’t see how its fitting if Master Chief looks less futuristic than the hyper advanced armour of his team mates. Also the problem with the Forward Unto Dawn armour is that its left gauntlet can’t open to reveal the tactical pad.

As someone who has owned every Halo game including spartan strike/ assault has read the books and bought the xbox, xbox 360, Halo 5 limited edition xbox and a Shadow of the Tomb Raider Xbox X for Halo I am greatly disappointed at this backwards them. I’m already disappointed in how 343 is not addressing serious problems in Halo which I have spent more than 1200 hours since 2015 and have a hard time as an Australia gamer because of ping.

If this design change is gonna affect all of Blue team than I will consider not getting Halo 6.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I might also add I have a large poster of the Halo 4 game with the Master Chief landing on Requiem, I don’t want to take it down.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

https://bgr.com/2015/09/23/halo-5-campaign-preview/

I don’t know how to put pictures here but here you can see the quality of blue teams armour and you can see how futuristic it is. It even has plated fingers for that extra protection and melee damage, and yet looking at Halo 6 design the fingers aren’t even plated.

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-wars-2-advanced-pvp-guide
Even the mark IV looked better and it also had plated fingers.

Hopefully blue team aren’t in this title or Osiris either. The squad mechanic was an awful addition to h5.

> 2535406126289417;4:
> Hopefully blue team aren’t in this title or Osiris either. The squad mechanic was an awful addition to h5.

What one of the main problems with Halo 5 was how the story didn’t follow on from Halo 4 and now you’re suggesting to disregard that and make the problem worse? Blue team and Osiris are necessary and its best that 343 writes a better story to integrate them all better. Squad mechanic was just A.I. problem but not so in the lore.

6 halo games without them says they aren’t needed to tell a good story and nor are they necessary for a great stoty in infinite , frankly lore can really get in the way of halos story telling at this stage, look at all the stupid debates going on about chiefs armor,. Same as all the garbage about AAs being an absolute necessity to gameplay for canon reasons.

They were important in the books and their absence in the games was reasonable. Why do you think people liked Halo Reach so much, it was because of Noble Team. Game would have been much poorer if it was just Noble 6 being just a long wolf, or in ODST its just only the Rookie story and there would be no Edward Buck or Veronica Dare. More characters are good for the story as long as its done well, it just provides so much potential from a narrative and gameplay perspective.

I don’t disagree about support from marines or fire teams or arbiter but the squad mechanic was awful not just the Ai but the dialogue as well , I wished for the first time ever in a halo game that chief would just shut up , and the pick this weapon up , go there . As well as using the characters simply for exposition it totally broke the immersion . No other halo ever did support so poorly except maybe Kats driving skills.
As far as books and trans media if the game can’t put across its story without it , it’s not doing its role correctly trans media is a great accompaniment tool should one want to enhance the understanding of the universe but should not a requirement for entry .

Still don’t really know enough. His armour could be a next generation suit, or it could simply be an art style change.

> 2533274967369999;1:
> As someone who has owned every Halo game including spartan strike/ assault has read the books and bought the xbox, xbox 360, Halo 5 limited edition xbox and a Shadow of the Tomb Raider Xbox X for Halo I am greatly disappointed at this backwards them.

I just love how ‘‘I’ve been here since then, bought this and that and spent this amount of time’’ gets brought up every time a major concern emerges, almost as if it’ll buy the attention of the devs.

Regardless in response to your post, there is still 1.5 year till release, 1 year till the next E3. We’ve seen the art style now, yes but there is ‘subject to change’ plastered all over what we’ve seen. The armor is inspired by Forward unto dawns suit, yes that Mark IV was not extraordinary in any way when comparing features, however i think it was a pretty neat suit. Regardless this suit is most likely an evolution so the wrist-pad could still be in there. As for Blue team and the arbiter, well we know nothing about those plans so don’t you think it is a little too early to pull the doomsday speech, about how you’re not gonna be picking up Halo 6? We’ve seen the inside of a pelican, a pilots UNSC uniform, the broken Halo ring, Chiefs armor and the emptiness of space, so barely anything. Wait for them to reveal more at the very least.

Their armour will very likely change, otherwise it’d look weird. Assuming they’re in the game. If not, there’d better be a good explanation as to why.

> 2533274824095836;10:
> > 2533274967369999;1:
> > As someone who has owned every Halo game including spartan strike/ assault has read the books and bought the xbox, xbox 360, Halo 5 limited edition xbox and a Shadow of the Tomb Raider Xbox X for Halo I am greatly disappointed at this backwards them.
>
> I just love how ‘‘I’ve been here since then, bought this and that and spent this amount of time’’ gets brought up every time a major concern emerges, almost as if it’ll buy the attention of the devs.
>
> Regardless in response to your post, there is still 1.5 year till release, 1 year till the next E3. We’ve seen the art style now, yes but there is ‘subject to change’ plastered all over what we’ve seen. The armor is inspired by Forward unto dawns suit, yes that Mark IV was not extraordinary in any way when comparing features, however i think it was a pretty neat suit. Regardless this suit is most likely an evolution so the wrist-pad could still be in there. As for Blue team and the arbiter, well we know nothing about those plans so don’t you think it is a little too early to pull the doomsday speech, about how you’re not gonna be picking up Halo 6? We’ve seen the inside of a pelican, a pilots UNSC uniform, the broken Halo ring, Chiefs armor and the emptiness of space, so barely anything. Wait for them to reveal more at the very least.

If there’s one thing I know is that the Halo games have been consistent where if the art style for one thing changes a lot of the rest of the sand box follows. So if the Master Chiefs armour changes, every other armour is gonna change as well, a long with all the characters, weapons and vehicles.

his armor could have more textures In the next trailer

The reason why most people don’t like the old look is because they started playing halo during 4 and 5 when the game was having what seemed like an identity crisis. Halo 3 and reach was when the franchise thrived in my opinion and I think the old school ways are the way forward.

When I saw chiefs armour change in halo 4 I thought “wow this is a brave step” but it also seemed like 343 was just changing everything and declaring it “THEIRS” as it was their first halo game since bungie moved over to activi$ion. The lack of explanation on how chief got his armour in game didn’t help sell it to me either.

> 2533274833638123;14:
> The reason why most people don’t like the old look is because they started playing halo during 4 and 5 when the game was having what seemed like an identity crisis. Halo 3 and reach was when the franchise thrived in my opinion and I think the old school ways are the way forward.
>
> When I saw chiefs armour change in halo 4 I thought “wow this is a brave step” but it also seemed like 343 was just changing everything and declaring it “THEIRS” as it was their first halo game since bungie moved over to activi$ion. The lack of explanation on how chief got his armour in game didn’t help sell it to me either.

The armour is the same for Halo 2, 3 and 4 just different art styles. Even between 2 and 3 it’s a different art style but slightly enough, it wasn’t just inproved graphics. Personally I don’t believe this thing about nanobots changing his armour while in crying sleep to be canon, if it was why is there still damage here and there and faded spots and scratches.
Going forward is the only way forward, you don’t go backwards to progress. Take a look at the Mortal Kombat ( 9, 10, 11) games where the artstyle has progressed for the better where you see better and better default outfits. Halo needs to keep going where it is and not keep looking back to Halo 3.

I’d love to see blue team wear their Halo 5 armours but redesigned in this new chunky legends style. Then have Osiris keep the Halo 5 suits. Keeps continuity and shows two generations of Spartans.

But sadly the backlash to Locke and other characters will probably make 343 put Blue Team, Osiris and even The Arbiter into the expanded media. Even a scene or a mission were they show up in a limited capacity would be nice.

> 2535466098043799;16:
> I’d love to see blue team wear their Halo 5 armours but redesigned in this new chunky legends style. Then have Osiris keep the Halo 5 suits. Keeps continuity and shows two generations of Spartans.
>
> But sadly the backlash to Locke and other characters will probably make 343 put Blue Team, Osiris and even The Arbiter into the expanded media. Even a scene or a mission were they show up in a limited capacity would be nice.

Or they could all look exactly like the Chief if you consider the fact that 2007 and prior with the games and books it was widely noted all the Spartan 2’s wore the same armour and only a select few like Dr Halsey were able to tell them apart.