Blows my mind

I am rather flabbergasted that the development team has not addressed the colony issue after MONTHS of it affecting our game. I just don’t understand how a Halo title can be as neglected as this game has. Can we have a developer publicly address the community? I would like to understand why this has not been touched. I will not be thankful for Halo Wars 2 this year.

Oh well maybe a mini patch will come out like Jerome did who knows

> 2533274859121701;1:
> I am rather flabbergasted that the development team has not address the colony issue after MONTHS of it affecting our game. I just don’t understand how a Halo title can be as neglected as this game has. Can we have a developer publicly address the community? I would like to understand why this has not been touched. I will not be thankful for Halo Wars 2 this year.

We’re really beating the dead horse with these posts, but you’re not wrong in any way. What is most annoying is that, let’s just give them the benefit of the doubt like the forum mods are doing and say that, they didn’t have the ability to change it in their recent November patch because of not knowing about the exploit until it was too late, and then Thanksgiving came so the holidays took them away from their work. As of RIGHT NOW, there is no excuse for them not coming out with a hotfix. The reason they aren’t posting about when they will fix it is because it is probably coming mid-December, and they would get torn apart for such a late patch that had the potential of this exploit since September I believe. They tend to do monthly patches now since their team is small because the game is done with new content and supposedly has balanced units now (Notice I said units, not leaders. A few leaders still need addressing). All I’m saying is, true it is unacceptable, the patch is likely coming in the middle of December, and while you are totally right in posting this, you could just stick to the threads that are already thrashing the problem thoroughly, at least the ones that the forum moderators haven’t locked.

The reason why the devs haven’t “addressed” it is that’ll only make it worse. Saying out loud “Yes we are working on the colony exploit, no need to freak out!” will only attract more attention to it then it already had. Leading too more people learning about it and more people using it. Instead they know the exploit and are trying to fix it without drawing attention to it. Kinda like sweeping it under the rug. It’s not bad that they aren’t talking about it, it’s good that they’ve chosen to not talk about it.

> 2533274888442030;3:
> > 2533274859121701;1:
> > I am rather flabbergasted that the development team has not address the colony issue after MONTHS of it affecting our game. I just don’t understand how a Halo title can be as neglected as this game has. Can we have a developer publicly address the community? I would like to understand why this has not been touched. I will not be thankful for Halo Wars 2 this year.
>
> We’re really beating the dead horse with these posts, but you’re not wrong in any way. What is most annoying is that, let’s just give them the benefit of the doubt like the forum mods are doing and say that, they didn’t have the ability to change it in their recent November patch because of not knowing about the exploit until it was too late, and then Thanksgiving came so the holidays took them away from their work. As of RIGHT NOW, there is no excuse for them not coming out with a hotfix. The reason they aren’t posting about when they will fix it is because it is probably coming mid-December, and they would get torn apart for such a late patch that had the potential of this exploit since September I believe. They tend to do monthly patches now since their team is small because the game is done with new content and supposedly has balanced units now (Notice I said units, not leaders. A few leaders still need addressing). All I’m saying is, true it is unacceptable, the patch is likely coming in the middle of December, and while you are totally right in posting this, you could just stick to the threads that are already thrashing the problem thoroughly, at least the ones that the forum moderators haven’t locked.

Basically this ^^^

I understand why a fix hasn’t been in place yet, but I if no hotfix or word comes this week I will be incredibly disappointed.

Edit: As for why this game is “neglected” I’d imagine it’s because 343 is a small studio, with an even smaller team working on HW2. Manpower is an issue.

Fun fact: This Exploit seemed to have occurred during the Crossplay update.
Also they hot fixed Jeromne within a week of his launch and YapYap within what, 3 days?
4+ Months of this isn’t looking great…

> 2533274936603132;6:
> Fun fact: This Exploit seemed to have occurred during the Crossplay update.
> Also they hot fixed Jeromne within a week of his launch and YapYap within what, 3 days?
> 4+ Months of this isn’t looking great…

It wasn’t reported until just before the last patch

> 2533274927740213;7:
> > 2533274936603132;6:
> > Fun fact: This Exploit seemed to have occurred during the Crossplay update.
> > Also they hot fixed Jeromne within a week of his launch and YapYap within what, 3 days?
> > 4+ Months of this isn’t looking great…
>
> It wasn’t reported until just before the last patch

And that was Crossplay. This has been going on way longer. (Or the Nov 2nd patch)

> 2533274936603132;8:
> > 2533274927740213;7:
> > > 2533274936603132;6:
> > > Fun fact: This Exploit seemed to have occurred during the Crossplay update.
> > > Also they hot fixed Jeromne within a week of his launch and YapYap within what, 3 days?
> > > 4+ Months of this isn’t looking great…
> >
> > It wasn’t reported until just before the last patch
>
> And that was Crossplay. This has been going on way longer. (Or the Nov 2nd patch)

It was around the Nov. 2nd patch when the devs first became aware of the bug.

4 months?
My guess would be that it came from this… I don’t understand how this isn’t an easy fix.

> - Colony’s Living Barrier benefits from base Fortify upgrades

Starfish and others, I respect your respect for the developers for this game. You have given them benefit of the doubt time and time again. But at what point do you stop respecting underperforming developers? They could have simply locked colony from ranked until they could sort out this glitch (similarly to the scarab issue). But instead they let their game that we know and love burn to the ground and let it smoulder. I’m not interesting in a forum moderator telling me they are aware of this issue; I’m interested in the developers owning up to their mistake and showing their customers what they are doing to fix this game breaking issue. This sort of statement would not make matters worse–ranked is not playable now and it wouldn’t be after this statement too (net change nothing).

> 2533274859121701;1:
> I am rather flabbergasted that the development team has not address the colony issue after MONTHS of it affecting our game. I just don’t understand how a Halo title can be as neglected as this game has. Can we have a developer publicly address the community? I would like to understand why this has not been touched. I will not be thankful for Halo Wars 2 this year.

Hahaha…hahahahaa😂
Most of these players abusing the Exploit/AtN Bros are not even good enough to win agents most the Omega Team Members the real problem comes when when “High Level Players” Start to abuse these 3 Leaders and considering Omega Team Holds 90% of the best player’s as members i dont see why we can’t come together to help the community out, instead we promote it by letting Members Share Screenshots.

I Think it’s even more funny that you’re here creating a post asking for a patch Considering you where part of the “Spread Awareness Movement”
Because you thought it would lead to faster results.
You and many other’s shot yourself’s in the foot, Now enjoy the :fire:Hell​:fire: you help Create
:smiling_imp:Hahahaa

> 2533274802795356;10:
> 4 months?
> My guess would be that it came from this… I don’t understand how this isn’t an easy fix.
>
>
> > - Colony’s Living Barrier benefits from base Fortify upgrades

I main Colony as a Gimmick and Living Barrier is the first Leader power i get.
I didn’t notice this bug until The Crossplay Update, so it problem has to do with something from that.

Keep in mind you dont have to change a leaders power Stats/Values to get a bug pike this, it can literally be anything so its not going to be easy to find the bug.

P.S. Viper Skills is probably going to lock this post for Containing to many Mentions of the Exploit,
Prepare for a Tactical Nuke!!
(Pls insert MW2 Meme Here👏)

inb4vipergifs.jpg

We do already have threads open discussing this, best to keep to existing ones follow the discussion rules surrounding the exploit. As soon as there is an eta on it being patched, it will 100% be shared here on the forums