Blow Me Away

HALO INFINITE
Wow, that showcase for the Slipspace Engine shows there is a massive visual upgrade to Halo. Water looks better than ever, particularly for a Halo title. Lighting is a massive step in the right direction with darkness actually looking like real dark not just a filter. Most important of all, visually, is that art style. I am so happy to see it return to the more iconic look while still staying fresh.

Looks to me that the environmental scale and scope will be significantly bigger. I imagine that it will still play like Halo and not be truly an open world game, but I think the ability to take multiple approaches to a mission will be there, similar to Silent Cartographer in Halo: CE. We shall see.

FORGE
I am extremely excited to see some forge news with how awesome it had become in Halo 5. The only way to go is UP for the mode, and there’s not much outside of giving us more to be creative with. Bigger budgets, better access to the full sandbox of objects in game, perhaps AI spawning and scripting, maybe terrain editing to go hand in hand with terrain props? Weather and time sliders? Nothing is confirmed, there might not even be a forge mode, but I highly doubt that will be the case.

REQS
They’re here to stay. How else do you expect 343 to continue making money while providing us with free content? The number of gold req packs sold with actual currency is staggeringly high. Thanks to those crazy enough to feel the need to own all that cosmetics, we funded a beautiful thing here.

MULTIPLAYER
My only concern is armor customization. There are a lot of designs in Halo 5 that are just terrible and nobody ever wears them except as a joke. Not just the shape, but the color too. The topic everyone falls back on for this is making it more like Reach with customization. That’s fairly agreeable.
What I would like to see, on top of that high level of part swapping, is a smarter approach and presentation to skins.
IE; you unlock the standard armor skin through req packs, like we currently do. Skins are unlocked solely through commendations, and do not clutter your screen with all the variants. When browsing your armor you should browse the different types first, then when you select it, a little menu would let you choose what skin variant.
Ideally, the default armor skin would look as simplistic as colors went for Halo 2/ Halo 3.

Aside from that, I’d like to see the ability to play as different species, not just as Elites; however ONLY in a gamemode specific for it, such as an invasion/warzone crossover and in custom games. I want to lay the smackdown on a team of spartans as a hunter.

That’s all I’ve got.

Who wants to form the first Halo Infinite clan with me?

> 2533274816257608;1:
> MULTIPLAYER
> My only concern is armor customization. There are a lot of designs in Halo 5 that are just terrible and nobody ever wears them except as a joke. Not just the shape, but the color too. The topic everyone falls back on for this is making it more like Reach with customization. That’s fairly agreeable.
> What I would like to see, on top of that high level of part swapping, is a smarter approach and presentation to skins.
> IE; you unlock the standard armor skin through req packs, like we currently do. Skins are unlocked solely through commendations, and do not clutter your screen with all the variants. When browsing your armor you should browse the different types first, then when you select it, a little menu would let you choose what skin variant.
> Ideally, the default armor skin would look as simplistic as colors went for Halo 2/ Halo 3.

I agree in going back to a Halo 3/Reach style. The biggest thing I want to see with that though is I wish we can unlock armor from achievements again. I’m not a huge fan of getting anything from REQ packs, solely because it’s random. I enjoyed earning all my armor, and when you wore one that not many people had, you felt accomplished. Yes, when I got the Security armor in Halo 3 after the first week I felt like a god.