Bloom on precision weapons

Its looks like bloom has been decreased on the DMR which I like :slight_smile: Bloom on the DMR in Reach was just plain awful!

Bloom is still bloom. Why they simply won’t make a fixed RoF instead is mind-baffling.

> Bloom is still bloom. Why they simply won’t make a fixed RoF instead is mind-baffling.

Making it a fixed rate of fire puts you in one of two dilemmas 1. Might as well just have them hold down the trigger and fire or 2. Might as well use another weapon entirely.

The whole point of the DMR is controlled, medium to long range, consistent shots on target. Bloom is the only mechanic I’ve seen so far that supports that feel and intent.

The bloom in Halo 4 is mostly just for show (so there’s no point in even having it).

Frankly they should have been looking at how to improve bloom, rather then taking the easy approach of removing it. Other games do bloom well on certain weapons. Like Gears of War, Space Marine, every PC game. You would have though bloom would work well in Halo 4 too. Like giving the BR a faster bloom rate then the DMR because of the burst fire, that would make it more effective at close and medium range then the DMR since you’re less likely to miss.

> The whole point of the DMR is controlled, medium to long range, consistent shots on target. Bloom is the only mechanic I’ve seen so far that supports that feel and intent.

You see, here’s where that gets funny. The two words, “Consistent” and “bloom” can never work in the same sentence as each other since the whole idea with Bloom is throwing everything about consistency out the window.

Everything that’s wrong with bloom, IMO, is fixed by giving it a lower RoF as seen with Reach’s zero bloom DMR which is the most consistent weapon since the God pistol. Obviously the RoF would have to be lowered to make the other weapons useful but bloom introduces a whole new level of ‘randomness’ that is unnecessary in Halo.

Bloom is unnecessary. Find a way to nerf the DMR WITHOUT turning DMR shots into a game of dice.