Bloom-less weapons = Classic Halo

No matter how you spin it, bloom really does boil down to luck in most instances, even if you pace your shots. It all depends on what the player opposite to you is doing. For example, suppose that by pacing your shots, you end up sacrificing those extra shots that could have possibly hit your enemy. And if your enemy doesn’t pace his shots and still ends up hitting nearly all of his shots on you and killing you, you end up dying because the enemy isn’t willing to pace his shots and is willing to bet on chance/luck to hit you.

With bloom-less features, both players are on an even footing and you simply have to point and shoot, knowing that shot will hit the enemy and inflict damage = classic Halo.

If they do remove bloom, they need to decrease the rate of fire to keep Reach from turning into the BR spamming portion of Halo 3.

> If they do remove bloom, they need to decrease the rate of fire to keep Reach from turning into the BR spamming portion of Halo 3.

This. Especially on the DMR and the Magnum.

Why does NO ONE ever think about the magnum in a bloomless Reach?

Is there atleast spread? if not, 60 dollar coaster…

> Is there atleast spread? if not, 60 dollar coaster…

Well, considering that the DMR is a one shot weapon…

> > Is there atleast spread? if not, 60 dollar coaster…
>
> Well, considering that the DMR is a one shot weapon…

Or maybe a frisby, idk what do you think?

YaY!! Now people will be getting ultra accurate kills and and now this game will be completely broken!! The auto aim in this game combined with this ultra accurate dmr will ruin us all…not even a slow rate of fire will help, and not to mention the dmr’s destructive vehicle killing prowess, combined with needle accurate precision.

> YaY!! Now people will be getting ultra accurate kills and and now this game will be completely broken!! The auto aim in this game combined with this ultra accurate dmr will ruin us all…not even a slow rate of fire will help, and not to mention the dmr’s destructive vehicle killing prowess, combined with needle accurate precision.

Just replace the sniper in “T snipers” while your at it…

> > YaY!! Now people will be getting ultra accurate kills and and now this game will be completely broken!! The auto aim in this game combined with this ultra accurate dmr will ruin us all…not even a slow rate of fire will help, and not to mention the dmr’s destructive vehicle killing prowess, combined with needle accurate precision.
>
> Just replace the sniper in “T snipers” while your at it…

Exactly :confused:

> YaY!! Now people will be getting ultra accurate kills and and now this game will be completely broken!! The auto aim in this game combined with this ultra accurate dmr will ruin us all…not even a slow rate of fire will help, and not to mention the dmr’s destructive vehicle killing prowess, combined with needle accurate precision.

We haven’t seen any post-TU vehicular combat footage yet. Who knows, maybe the DMR will be rendered useless against vehicles!

If you dont like the removal of bloom, play normal halo reach. problem solved.

> Is there atleast spread? if not, 60 dollar coaster…

Well it’s only in certain playlists.

> If you dont like the removal of bloom, play normal halo reach. problem solved.

Exactly. I’m still surprised to find so many people who think that these changes will apply to all playlists. 343i have stated it numerous times that only the classic playlist will be affected.

Don’t play with the new settings. Problem solved.

> > If you dont like the removal of bloom, play normal halo reach. problem solved.
>
> Exactly. I’m still surprised to find so many people who think that these changes will apply to all playlists. 343i have stated it numerous times that only the classic playlist will be affected.

Yes im well aware of it, and believe i will destroy at those playlists because with what i just said applies to me too, and i was doing perfectly fine with the bloomly Dmr so i will be 1337 mlg pro with the ultra no bloom dmr.

lolReachkids: Your settings aren’t going anywhere. If you don’t like bloomless weapons and no bleedthrough shields then stick to the normal playlists. Stop with the “they’re taking out bloom and stuff” comments. They confuse people and are outright invalid. 343 is simply adding to the experience, not subtracting from it.

> > > If you dont like the removal of bloom, play normal halo reach. problem solved.
> >
> > Exactly. I’m still surprised to find so many people who think that these changes will apply to all playlists. 343i have stated it numerous times that only the classic playlist will be affected.
>
> Yes im well aware of it, and believe i will destroy at those playlists because with what i just said applies to me too, and i was doing perfectly fine with the bloomly Dmr so i will be 1337 mlg pro with the ultra no bloom dmr.

Lol, ok. I believe that you believe you will destroy. :slight_smile:

> … i was doing perfectly fine with the bloomly Dmr so i will be 1337 mlg pro with the ultra no bloom dmr.

Unless you run into someone with a no-bloom magnum, that is. =)

> > … i was doing perfectly fine with the bloomly Dmr so i will be 1337 mlg pro with the ultra no bloom dmr.
>
> Unless you run into someone with a no-bloom magnum, that is. =)

The magnum didn’t have bloom in Halo 3, but who used that weapon? :slight_smile:

> > > … i was doing perfectly fine with the bloomly Dmr so i will be 1337 mlg pro with the ultra no bloom dmr.
> >
> > Unless you run into someone with a no-bloom magnum, that is. =)
>
> The magnum didn’t have bloom in Halo 3, but who used that weapon? :slight_smile:

that could be cos the 3 magnum sucked -Yoink- whereas the reach magnum is epicness given physical shape