Bloom In Halo4?

Should it be in Halo4? I for one am against it. But having the option in custom games would be ok. Some might think its more skilful while others think its not Halo.

Thoughts?

meh, im alright with that

My response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o19CaOSuD8

> Should it be in Halo4? I for one am against it. But having the option in custom games would be ok. Some might think its more skilful while others think its not Halo.
>
> Thoughts?

Depends !! I need to play a BETA first.
If the bloom is balanced ok!

NOOOOO!!! Halo is about who can aim better. Not who cam have have bloom aim for them! No bloom!

OH, HELL NO!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF HALO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As long as it is around the 85% that is reach I couldn’t care less.

If it’s 85% bloom styled, then only in certain gametypes (Reach game types ala “Classic”?)

Anyway else

NO

No God Please No!!

Considering that Reach took place in the past I think it would make more sense to have no bloom. Seems like more of a fun sworm of people playing Halo type of game with everyone shooting each other when bloom is not there. When bloom is there its kind of more serious, people really need to think and put the fun aside. Just my opinion.

Skulls are amazing because with them we should be able to have bloom and have no bloom.

I really hope 343 puts skulls for a LOT of things.

I think that it should be an option in custom games and a skull in the campaign. Both of those options I would be COMPLETELY fine with. But if they put it in matchmaking… well we have another Reach disaster…

There’s this strange mentality circulating within the community that bloom is antithetical to the pure skill of aiming in a Halo game (Reach being the only example right now.) This makes zero sense to me. Bloom increases the challenge of aiming by making players accommodate for the change in relative reticule placement if they want to fire rapidly. This results in skilled players being able to take out their opponents more quickly.

I’m not an undying supporter of bloom, but come on guys. Just admit you want Halo to be easier again.

This one says no to random gameplay mechanics in Halo 4.

Consistency= Skill

Randomness=Rage quit

> This one says no to random gameplay mechanics in Halo 4.
>
> Consistency= Skill
>
> Randomness=Rage quit

Bloom is consistent. There’s nothing random about it.

> My response: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o19CaOSuD8

Excellent response. Heres how I feel about bloom and the idea of it being in H4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

> If it’s 85% bloom styled, then only in certain gametypes (Reach game types ala “Classic”?)
>
> Anyway else
>
> NO

Definition of “classic”:

> Judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

Reach is not that.

OH, HELL NO!

i would like to say 2 things:

1.) bloom was implemented HORRENDOUSLY in halo reach.
2.) bloom as a concept has the potential to FACTUALLY do the following things
-ADD SKILL GAP by giving less hardened players room to ‘choke’ by shooting too fast. (decent at shooting? shooting in a cadence isnt even remotely hard to add to your repertoire of skills, just ONE MORE THING setting you apart from some other players)
-OBTAIN ANY KILL TIME. bloom absolutely does NOT have to increase the kill times dramatically. ANY NUMBER of things could be tweaked to accommodate ANY desired kill time.
-NOT ADD RANDOM FACTOR where people SPAMMING can beat you EVEN ONE SINGLE PERCENT of the time.

> > This one says no to random gameplay mechanics in Halo 4.
> >
> > Consistency=Skill
> >
> > Randomness=Rage quit
>
>
> Bloom is consistent. There’s nothing random about it.

bloom is a concept. its implementation could make it consistent, or inconsistent.

in reach its anything BUT consistent. it is the definition of INCONSISTENT in reach. im not talking ‘opinion’ im talking ‘fact’ that can be proven with math. what a good fact to not be ignorant of, too. even shishka says its broken and doesnt work as intended in reach:

1.) the goal of bloom was to enforce a cadence
2.) shooting to cadence is really only a valid tactic at range (fail, see #1)
3.) the closer you get to your opponent, the less cadence applies (more fail the closer 2 people are together)
4.) players both casual and competitive can attest to how spamming the trigger actually becomes the more reliable option here.
5.) So, ultimately while the goal was to make the weapons feel more sophisticated and add a layer of skill required to use them, the net result has been that medium range weapons such as the DMR feel unreliable at their intended range.
6.) and trigger spam has not been discouraged. (but, as implied, it was meant to be)

What do you mean want it to be easier again? I see more kids in this game that think there gods now because of bloom then in Halo 3. If i got out BR’ed in H3 I could accept it and move on. No one would say anything really. Now some kid spams his brains out while I’m pacing and wins, not even going to call it a DMR battle, then i get tbagged or a message after the game telling me to quit or that I suck. Bloom DOES NOT mean skill. Its random and is stupid and should’ve never been here to begin with. We’ve suvived 3 fing Halo’s without it. Why the f would we want it now? My vote is to keep bloom out.