"Blocking" doesn't avoid players

Just throwing this out there: How can you avoid a player or set of players so you don’t play them again?

Yesterday I got put in a match where the game was extremely laggy and one player in particular didn’t play with a charisma that I liked. As I normally do, I opened the scoreboard mid-match and opened his gamer profile to block him and another guy. After the game finises, I load a new game (keep in mind, this is Ranked Slayer), and of the 8 people that were in the last game, 6 of us were in the 2nd game! This includes the two players I blocked.

Firstly, why is it possible to play the exact same people in a Ranked Match again after losing, admittedly, pretty badly? That’s poor matchmaking.

Secondly, how on earth am I supposed to avoid a player who griefs, betrays, lags, plays in a large party in BTB or Warzone, etc.? If 343’s sloppy game can’t recognize that I have them blocked on XBL, and I can’t tell who is who from the emblems alone because 343 decided to remove gamertags altogether, then what am I supposed to do?

> 2535434058265512;1:
> Just throwing this out there: How can you avoid a player or set of players so you don’t play them again?

There isn’t really a way. Blocking mutes their microphone and prevents them from being able to send you messages.

> 2535434058265512;1:
> Yesterday I got put in a match where the game was extremely laggy and one player in particular didn’t play with a charisma that I liked. As I normally do, I opened the scoreboard mid-match and opened his gamer profile to block him and another guy. After the game finises, I load a new game (keep in mind, this is Ranked Slayer), and of the 8 people that were in the last game, 6 of us were in the 2nd game! This includes the two players I blocked.

Yeah, that happens.

> 2535434058265512;1:
> Firstly, why is it possible to play the exact same people in a Ranked Match again after losing, admittedly, pretty badly? That’s poor matchmaking.

You might want to check out Zaedynfel’s matchmaking feedback threads over in matchmaking. There are fairly enlightening.

> 2535434058265512;1:
> Secondly, how on earth am I supposed to avoid a player who griefs, betrays, lags, plays in a large party in BTB or Warzone, etc.? If 343’s sloppy game can’t recognize that I have them blocked on XBL, and I can’t tell who is who from the emblems alone because 343 decided to remove gamertags altogether, then what am I supposed to do?

Blocking is a Microsoft thing not a 343 thing. Even when Microsoft had the avoid player option it didn’t work. If someone does betray or grief than you can report them for unsporting conduct which may effect their reputation, but you can’t pick and choose who you match against.